Looking Ahead To Mean Green Football 2009...

Green Grenade II

I really believe we'll more than turn the corner this next season, including a shockingly close game vs Alabama.

Just my opinion. I hope I'm going to see dirt fly this summer, and not just from some dude peeling out in his jalopy from SMU!!!!!

SO, BUST OUT THE KEGS OF SCOTCH AND BRING OUT THOSE SEXY BABES FROM UNT!!!!

WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS WITH OUR OPPONENTS THIS FALL.

MARGIE JUST CAME IN THE ROOM AND SAID, "HONEY DON'T YOU HAVE LOWER CASE TYPE ON THAT LAPTOP?"

hell yes, i do!

I really believe we'll more than turn the corner this next season, including a shockingly close game vs Alabama.

Just my opinion. I hope I'm going to see dirt fly this summer, and not just from some dude peeling out in his jalopy from SMU!!!!!

SO, BUST OUT THE KEGS OF SCOTCH AND BRING OUT THOSE SEXY BABES FROM UNT!!!!

WE'RE GONNA KICK SOME ASS WITH OUR OPPONENTS THIS FALL.

MARGIE JUST CAME IN THE ROOM AND SAID, "HONEY DON'T YOU HAVE LOWER CASE TYPE ON THAT LAPTOP?"

hell yes, i do!

I'm with you man, and to hell with that green koolaid, let's double down on the genius juice!

The fun thing about 2009 will be watching the parade all-american and UNT's greatest recruit starting in '09 with 4 inexperienced starters. It will be nice to see him run the option and run the ball, period.

It will also be interesting to see how much Deloach improves the defense and special teams. I believe he will coordinate the special teams next season since that is what he did at UCLA.

Truman will be tough to replace.

Casey was all we had last season, that caught the ball consistently and who could make a play with his feet. But even then he had his fair share of drops.

I hope Dunbar can be Riley's go to guy in the slot. You might see some transitioning in the spring from moving some DB's to WR's, similiar to what they did with korey Washington.

Edited by nautique

The fun thing about 2009 will be watching the parade all-american and UNT's greatest recruit starting in '09 with 4 inexperienced starters. It will be nice to see him run the option and run the ball, period.

Get a life, if you expect Riley to be the "man," your sadly mistaken. Parade all-american is like the Heisman, its all about stats. Dodge let Dodge get all the stats at SLC preppy, end of story.

I have said for weeks now, if this team wins 4 games next year, it will be a tremendous improvement. That being said, I believe they wll win 3 games next season.

Your mistaken. Dodge and Dodge will lead us to the New Orleans next season. Don't doubt the power of the SLC mystic that will carry forward to the collegiate level next season. Going to the black pants and off they go.

Your mistaken. Dodge and Dodge will lead us to the New Orleans next season.

Is UNO fielding a football team next season? Are we playing a road game at Tulane? Is it UNT's turn to toss the beads in December? Are D&D simply hungry for a good po' boy?

Hey, you know, things could be looking up. If things keep going the way they are, we'll go undefeated in December this year!

Edited by oldguystudent

OK, now here we see at least a glimer of positive thought for 2009...unless, of course, you folks are "pulling my leg again and I am falling for it" as has been the case in the past...but, I do think we will see a much improved UNT team in 2009...why? Experience at the head coaching position for one thing...say what you want, but Dodge is not stupid. He knows he needs to change some things up from a management stand point and I think he will. I, too, think DeLoach will be "turned loose" more in 2009 and will have the special teams in better shape...I think the QB competition will be good between Dodge and the G-Man...with the G-Man winning the starting nod. The SLC "msytique", if you believe in that stuff, will be a bit of a factor in the competition and Dodge will see some decent playing time next season...just not as the starter. Some of the JUCO players signed will help and some of the freshman and soph's will step up.

As far as "W's and L's" for next season....way way too early to tell, but let's just say I think we will be celebrating multiple wins next season!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!

SLC "mystique"? This is a joke, right? I mean, we're an FBS football program. When we line up against Alabama next fall, I seriously doubt Saban's bunch will be worried about a 3-21 high school coach's SLC "mystique".

And, further, as far as Dodge not being stupid...well, the jury is still out on that one. The case against it is the inability, in two consecutive seasons, to adjust the offense to convert third- and fourth-down and short situations. There is alot more evidence so far that weighs toward stupid rather than genius, as we were told over and over again that we were getting two years ago.

Also, we should demand more than "multiple wins." We had a "multiple win" season in 2007 - two. What we should be demanding - and hoping that our AD is demanding - is a winning season.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

SLC "mystique"? This is a joke, right? I mean, we're an FBS football program. When we line up against Alabama next fall, I seriously doubt Saban's bunch will be worried about a 3-21 high school coach's SLC "mystique".

And, further, as far as Dodge not being stupid...well, the jury is still out on that one. The case against it is the inability, in two consecutive seasons, to adjust the offense to convert third- and fourth-down and short situations. There is alot more evidence so far that weighs toward stupid rather than genius, as we were told over and over again that we were getting two years ago.

Can't argue with that. I removed the part about a winning season because I'll be happy with 6 wins and 6 competitive losses though for next season.