Official Mean Green Festivus Thread

ADLER

OK Mean Green Sports Fans! The Festivus Season is here again!

December 12-23, 2008

THE AIRING OF GRIEVANCES!

At this Festivus celebration, we gather our family here, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed us over the past year!

So grab hold of the Festivus Pole and air your grievance.

frank-costanza.jpg

I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it.....

Please limit yourself to one grievance per post but post as many grievances as necessary, do not make any personal attacks on players, personnel, or other posters. Do not make posts questioning others grievances or elaborating your own. Message board rules still apply.

Everything else is fair game...scheduling, coaching, spelling, opponents, beer selections, stickers, merchandising, logos, parking, uniforms, red shorts, closed practices, recruiting, white squirrels, etc.

The pole is now yours.

Q4ip9ZCIM9g

Edited by ADLER

I got a lot of problems with you people! And now, you're gonna hear about it.....

For another year the athletic department has selected the incredibly stupid time of 6:00 to start late summer games. First, it is hot as hell, but the fans on the student side are being asked to spend the first two hours of the game looking directly into the sun. "Stay outside and drink cold beer or enter and stare into the sun?" Tough question , eh?

We have the tools to determine when the sun sets in Denton on each date for the next several hundred years, why don't we use them!

I have no freaking idea what a festivus is, and I don't really care! As for you orange lot parking nazis, you need to stop intentionally splitting up our little caravan when entering the lot and you need to stop putting plastic bags in the metal trash cans so I can safely dispose of my spent coals instead of dumping them out on the ground! Savages the lot of you!

I hate Jerry Seinfeld and all Seinfeld references...the show...which has been off the air for like a decade...wasn't that funny to begin with (save for the Keith Hernandez spitting incident). Jerry himself is annoying, whiny and couldn't make a movie with a bee work...even though it starred a woman who clearly had been stung in the face by said bee...and God knows America loves a woman taking on in the face.

I hate Jerry Seinfeld and all Seinfeld references...the show...which has been off the air for like a decade...wasn't that funny to begin with (save for the Keith Hernandez spitting incident). Jerry himself is annoying, whiny and couldn't make a movie with a bee work...even though it starred a woman who clearly had been stung in the face by said bee...and God knows America loves a woman taking on in the face.

Thanks for your opinion. I could've said the same about your musical selections, but didn't want to derail your thread.

For another year the athletic department has selected the incredibly stupid time of 6:00 to start late summer games. First, it is hot as hell, but the fans on the student side are being asked to spend the first two hours of the game looking directly into the sun. "Stay outside and drink cold beer or enter and stare into the sun?" Tough question , eh?

The new stadium renderings may offer a fix to some of this. Fouts's stands are not only a long distance from the field due to the track but it is also a height-challenged facility. If the stands/pressbox were taller, and closer, as proposed in the new facility then the student side would be shaded sooner.