Well, Whadaya Know! The Texas Whinehorns

Green Grenade II

SO, COACH MACK BROWN, GET OUT YOUR PLAYBOOK AND POLISH IT UP, CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA NEED A REAL SOONER EFFORT IF YER GONNA BEAT

THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES IN THE FIESTA BOWL IN GLENDALE, ARIZONA!!!!!

MEANWHILE MY WIFE MARGIE AND THE DALLAS COWBOYS ARE SNORING THROUGH THE GAME ON FOX!

By the way, Longhorns, go to BuckeyeFans.Com and learn the music and lyrics to:

ACROSS THE FIELD,

BUCKEYE BATTLE CRY,

AND

CARMEN OHIO (the Alma Mater).

and, remember, when you play THE EYES OF TEXAS, Buckeye fans will think it's I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THE RAILROAD, ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY!

I don't like the HORNS by any means , but they will beat the $hit out of Ohio State.

Question , If OU squeaks by Florida and UT blows out the Buckeyes , how in the world could anyone vote OU ahead of UT ????

Well, in theory UT would be playing a school they are better than already and OU is playing someone they are considered comperable with.

I wouldn't expect the Horns to get the AP title.

Well, in theory UT would be playing a school they are better than already and OU is playing someone they are considered comperable with.

Unless they win by 33+, won't Texas just prove they are comparable to USC?

If OU is comperable to Florida does that mean UT would beat the Gators by say 10 points :unsure:

I'm just sayin

I had the same thought about Utah. If they win and don't get a share of the national championship, then they have the biggest gripe of any team this season.

It's too bad that major college football has to end in controversy every year. It's all getting very old. Oh well, thank goodness for high scholl football and the NFL.

I had the same thought about Utah. If they win and don't get a share of the national championship, then they have the biggest gripe of any team this season.

It's too bad that major college football has to end in controversy every year. It's all getting very old. Oh well, thank goodness for high scholl football and the NFL.

What if Boise beats TCU by more than OU did ?? They would have just as much gripe as Utah ... assuming OU beats Florida

All they did is go 5-0 vs Bowl Bound Teams this year

Edited by NT03

Oh well, thank goodness for high scholl football

I ask this question out of complete and utter ignorance having never seen a single snap of high school football in my life.

Doesn't high school football end with a state championship? Then wouldn't the state champs bicker about who wins the mythical national championship? I know they've got national polls for high school, so surely there must be some jawing after the playoffs are said and done.

And what if Ohio State beats Texas on a last second touchdown? Does that mean they're better than Texas Tech?

Only if Penn State beats USC by a last second field goal.

I'd be pissed if i were a Longhorn fan , I see where Mack Brown voted Florida #1. What kind of message does that send to his team and the fans ?