Gary Patterson

Charlie NT 73

It really is a no-brainer for everyone...

...except Gary. The guy has it made: he's got his system rolling, the support he needs, and a decent salary in a fantastic area.

I don't know what is going on his head, but if I were him it would take an immense amount of money to even consider leaving TCU. Tough call, but it's just my opinion.

It really is a no-brainer for everyone...

...except Gary. The guy has it made: he's got his system rolling, the support he needs, and a decent salary in a fantastic area.

I don't know what is going on his head, but if I were him it would take an immense amount of money to even consider leaving TCU. Tough call, but it's just my opinion.

I wouldn't leave TCU. Great school, good conference, great money.

Part of me wants to believe that.

But if you've got a family and are faced with the decision to stay at, say, 240K/year or move to 750K/year...

And KSU is his alma mater. Where do you think his heart might be?

I think he was making about 950,000 a year since 2006. It might take a lot to get him to move.

I'd say the odds are better that he takes the KSU job since TCU lost last night. Hard to gain much respect as a non-BCS program unless you stay undefeated or get a BCS bowl slot. Much easier to get national press at K-State. TCU now just has another nice season that most of the country's media know or care nothing about.

Coach Patterson would have been better off taking the job when Snyder stepped down. If he should take over now, he will really be playing behind. When Snyder took over at Kansas State, the schools that I would guess to be the schools that K-State recruits against with the most, with the exception of Nebraska because there program was strong at the time, were struggling or not on the top of their game so to speak. KU did not care about football, Missouri was not what it is today, Oklahoma and Texas were below their standard, Oklahoma State was nothing, and Colorado was not really a major threat except for a couple of good runs. Now, all of those programs are in tip top shape or they are close to it. Dan Hawkins should be getting Colorado on track in the next year or two. Also, three former Snyder assistants are head coaches at three of those schools now: OU w/ Stoops, Neb w/ Pelini, and KU w/ Mangino. People like to make fun of Mangino because of his weight, but he has a reputation as a great recruiter. What my point is it will be a challenge for Patterson to go in and get the program back into contention real soon. They did not show any patience with Prince, so why should Patterson expect it? He has done great things at TCU, and is a fine coach, but Fran and Tomlinson laid a good foundation for him. Patterson would be best suited for taking over a program like Miles did at LSU. Not taking anything away from him, because he has done such a great job at TCU, and I would hate to see a good coach like him lose out because of some impatient athletic director and other circumstances that are beyond his control.

Your saying if someone offered you a million dollar raise you would pass on it?

And as UNT fans shouldn't we be rooting for a coaching change at TCU?

I am not so sure they would offer him a million more to come there. Obviously they will increase his salary but the thing they have going for them is that KSU is his alma mater and that may just be enough to lure him away from TCU.

Your saying if someone offered you a million dollar raise you would pass on it?

And as UNT fans shouldn't we be rooting for a coaching change at TCU?

But if they change, what if TCU comes snooping around for Dodge or June Jones???????????????????

o. Also, three former Snyder assistants are head coaches at three of those schools now: OU w/ Stoops, Neb w/ Pelini, and KU w/ Mangino. People like to make fun of Mangino because of his weight, but he has a reputation as a great recruiter. What my point is it will be a challenge for Patterson to go in and get the program back into contention real soon. They did not show any patience with Prince, so why should Patterson expect it?

Pelini is an Osbourne clone.

Several other reports that Patterson is going to KSU. The AD denies it, Patterson denies it, and his agent denies it. They also have been on the phone with Nick Saban on how to handle it at the press conference next week when he is introduced as the new coach. Sounds like a done deal to me.

Edited by Green Dozer

Several other reports that Patterson is going to KSU. The AD denies it, Patterson denies it, and his agent denies it. They also have been on the phone on how to handle it at the press conference next week when he is introduced as the new coach. Sounds like a done deal to me.

“I don’t think that’s possible at all,” Bass said.

Sometimes, it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Several other reports that Patterson is going to KSU. The AD denies it, Patterson denies it, and his agent denies it. They also have been on the phone with Nick Saban on how to handle it at the press conference next week when he is introduced as the new coach. Sounds like a done deal to me.

I agree. The last shoe to fall before a hire is made is always the adamant denial of the AD and the coach.