Unt-wku Coverage

Brett Vito

I have a feeling Vito will trip on something different. i'm reading what I thought was a pretty good article about the game, and then vito drops the "15 test positive bomb" in the middle of a game report. Its a freaking game report!!!! Sorry who I may offend on this board, I don't like the man's style of journalism.!

Edited by GreenAlums

Tobe Nwigwe's int return certainly put the cherry on top of this dessert, but it was Steve Warren who provided the dramatic play by crashing in and taking down the QB.....who threw the lame duck- desparation-pass that Tobe intercepted. If Tobe had not intercepted the pass, it would have fallen harmlessly to the ground.

Good job Mr. Warren!!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

I have a feeling Vito will trip on something different. i'm reading what I thought was a pretty good article about the game, and then vito drops the "15 test positive bomb" in the middle of a game report. Its a freaking game report!!!! Sorry who I may offend on this board, I don't like the man's style of journalism.!

I noticed that, too. The constant reffering to our most negative events is wearng thin.

This game erased several of our negatives. We no longer have the longest losing streak; Washington does. We no longer have given up the most points; Washington State has. In fact, we are no longer last in any statistical category. Let's hope that we continue moving up.

Yeah, he's playing like his hair is on fire. I'd like an explanation of where he was prior to the Troy game. Anybody care to ask it at the TD show tonight? Do they allow call-ins?

Warren has been an impact ST player all season, getting some additional snaps on D.

His parents made the trip to Manhattan where I got to meet them. A great part of the Mean Green family.

Well, then you all should be pissed off at Dodge for his quote about overcoming adversity, which was alluding to the drug test.

Also, Warren is a Jr., not a Sr.

You have to look at that paragraph in the full context of the story and the paragraph that followed:

The stress of that losing streak was only exacerbated when school officials revealed that 15 members of the team tested positive for recreational drugs earlier this season.

“It’s an unbelievable feeling with all the adversity that has come this way and the losses that have hurt so much,” UNT head coach Todd Dodge said. “It is fitting that we won our first one in that manner, having to fight, fight, scratch and dig down deep to get a stop inside the 1-yard line. It shows the character of our kids.”

Dodge is commenting on "all the adversity" and that certainly includes the drug tests, especially since this is the first game since the drug scandal broke. That's part of what UNT overcame this week. It is certainly part of this week's story, winning despite the losses and the drug scandal. Mentioning the drug tests explains the fuller context of Dodge's quote about "all the adversity."

Vito is simply telling last week's story. Last week's game story was about overcoming adversity, so you need to mention the adversity the team overcame.

Edited by Smitty

Guest GrayEagleOne

And hasn't Steve Warren been used sparingly this season?

DeLoach is Warren's coach. If he thought that he was better than Penson up to now he would have been playing him. Apparently, Warren has picked up his intensity level recently, or has grasped the assignments better than Penson, or both, and has earned the starting job.

I have a feeling Hamilton will trip over a albino squirrel on his way to class this week or next thus claiming a medical redshirt status for the year :ph34r:

Prediction: James Hamilton will be the second coming of Marcus Camper, and that's a good thing.

That was the story as released in the Denton Record-Chronicle which has a circulation of something like 2000 subscribers.

The game report in the Dallas Morning News also chronicled the drug tests but didn't even mention Cam Montgomery who finished with a career high 130 rushing yards in the victory.

But then again, maybe Cam's exploits weren't really relevant to the story.

Would one of the vitto dittos please explain this.

That was the story as released in the Denton Record-Chronicle which has a circulation of something like 2000 subscribers.

The game report in the Dallas Morning News also chronicled the drug tests but didn't even mention Cam Montgomery who finished with a career high 130 rushing yards in the victory.

But then again, maybe Cam's exploits weren't really relevant to the story.

Would one of the vitto dittos please explain this.

Two-bit report(er) and a rinky-dink newspaper.....'nuf said.

Maybe Vito's question to Coach Dodge was something like, "Given all the adversity your team faced this past week and the losses you have suffered through the past two years, can you comment on what you are feeling right now?"

Keith

Two-bit report(er) and a rinky-dink newspaper.....'nuf said.

That's not the way I see it.

Brett has the ability to be a very good reporter but there is something holding him back from reaching his potential.

It appears to be a rift that developed between him and Coach Dodge early in Dodge's time at North Texas.

I can't even speculate on what caused the animosity between them, I've met both people and both seem very reasonable.

The results of the rift is that Brett, from what has been reported on this board, has been excluded by Dodge from access that he enjoyed during the Dickey years, and that favoritism has been shown to his FWST competition, and Brett in turn has tried to portray Todd Dodge and the North Texas football program in a negative light.

OK, so are they are both trying to accelerate each others termination? Why?

Wouldn't each be better at performing his job if they both would just end this petty little battle?

That's not the way I see it.

Brett has the ability to be a very good reporter but there is something holding him back from reaching his potential.

It appears to be a rift that developed between him and Coach Dodge early in Dodge's time at North Texas.

I can't even speculate on what caused the animosity between them, I've met both people and both seem very reasonable.

The results of the rift is that Brett, from what has been reported on this board, has been excluded by Dodge from access that he enjoyed during the Dickey years, and that favoritism has been shown to his FWST competition, and Brett in turn has tried to portray Todd Dodge and the North Texas football program in a negative light.

OK, so are they are both trying to accelerate each others termination? Why?

Wouldn't each be better at performing his job if they both would just end this petty little battle?

reporter with a personal agenda? you know what jerry jones did to dale hansen. banished him.