The unOfficial "McCain Sucks/Obama Sucks" Super Thread

Rudy,

I understand what you are saying. I was born and raised here and am a full american however my heritage is Indian. and a few other things(long story). Although I am a proud American I am a proud Indian-American. I mean I still speak the major Indian languages, eat the food regularly at home, watch the movies, listen to the music and have a ton of friends that are Indian. But I agree with you that we are all Americans...it's just that most of us came from somewhere and in my case I have a lot of roots that have influenced me today that also makes me proud that my heritage is Indian hence Indian-American.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his wikipedia page.

Barack Obama was born at the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu, Hawaii,[3] to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya, and Ann Dunham, a white American from Wichita, Kansas.[4] His parents met in 1960 while attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where his father was a foreign student.[5][6] The couple married February 2, 1961;[7] they separated when Obama was two years old and subsequently divorced in 1964.[8] Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw his son only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.[9]

Satisfied? :P

With all due respect Kenya was still a British Colony at the time Obama Senior came to America to spawn.

As for Obama Jr. I have little respect for him until he earns it.

Also funny scene last night with Jesse Jackson crying, were those tears of joy that the guy whose nuts he wants to cut off won or tears of sadness knowing he is now out of a job with a Bi-Racial Candidate in office.

Yes, he'll destroy the fiber of the country. Remind me...what president ever has?

None.

I love how the far left and far right goes batshit insane every 2 years(especially every four). The ship of state is steady as she goes. One side will always gnash their teeth, but in the end it's never quite as bad as the loyal opposition makes it out to be.

On this I condemn both sides equally.

CMJ. I really, really, really hope your right. I have never feared a president taking over like I have with Obama. We are handing the fate of our country to the ultra-libs, who believe that America is a "bad" country who has misbehaved and needs to be punished. They want a European style government with high taxes and social programs. We are not a European country. And why would we want to be like one anyway? France, Italy, Germany, Russia, Spain.... all examples of mediocrity. Former world powers that fell from grace, in large part due to their style of government. We are at a critical period in American history with a global recession and energy dependence... I really fear that implementing Obama's polices may have devastating consequences. I hope and pray that I am 130% wrong. I hope that I am laughed at in 4 years for these thoughts. I wish Obama the very best and hope that he makes wise choices as I genuinely believe the future of American prosperity and our place as a world economic and military leader is at stake.

Rudy,

I understand what you are saying. I was born and raised here and am a full american however my heritage is Indian. and a few other things(long story). Although I am a proud American I am a proud Indian-American. I mean I still speak the major Indian languages, eat the food regularly at home, watch the movies, listen to the music and have a ton of friends that are Indian. But I agree with you that we are all Americans...it's just that most of us came from somewhere and in my case I have a lot of roots that have influenced me today that also makes me proud that my heritage is Indian hence Indian-American.

Whoa...I really though Emmitt was the only person of ethnicity on this board. Good to know we're diversifying.

Sorry, I don't and will never agree with his policy's. And if we simply wanted to make history I would have preferred someone who seems to have a bit of respect for what our nation stands for like Col. Powell, J.C. Watts, Condi Rice or Alex Keys. Obama's promising to put this country into the toilet and now with the help of congrees he may just do it. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry. I and 53 million other American's do. He wants to build this economy from the bottom up. That does not work, never will. Hey, when inflation and interest rates and unemployment start to rise along with the opening of more and more Abortion cilnics in the poorest of districts across this nation, and after he does what he's promised to do in downsizing and cutting our miliatary, weakening our stance as a world power before our enemies and we get caught with our pants down trying to catch back up due to some crisis, you keep telling yourself about that sense of solidarity and feel good qualities.

Rick

Unfortunately for you and the 53M others (now 55.4M), 62.5M think Obama represents what this nation stands for.

CMJ. I really, really, really hope your right. I have never feared a president taking over like I have with Obama. We are handing the fate of our country to the ultra-libs, who believe that America is a "bad" country who has misbehaved and needs to be punished. They want a European style government with high taxes and social programs. We are not a European country. And why would we want to be like one anyway? France, Italy, Germany, Russia, Spain.... all examples of mediocrity. Former world powers that fell from grace, in large part due to their style of government. We are at a critical period in American history with a global recession and energy dependence... I really fear that implementing Obama's polices may have devastating consequences. I hope and pray that I am 130% wrong. I hope that I am laughed at in 4 years for these thoughts. I wish Obama the very best and hope that he makes wise choices as I genuinely believe the future of American prosperity and our place as a world economic and military leader is at stake.

Well Obama will be getting a free pass the first 2-4 years because the Libs and Democrats will blame anything bad on Bush legacy since they refuse to acknowledge their own misgivings.

There is a reason the Pelosi/Reid Congress has the lowest approval rating ever, even below the the beloved Bush.

Gun rights will be squashed and the fairness doctrine will be implemented to silence any opposition. Meaning we will all have to listen to that idiot Al Franken.

With all due respect Kenya was still a British Colony at the time Obama Senior came to America to spawn.

Riiiiggghhhtt and I am sure blacks in Kenya were treated equally and fairly just like the white britishers and I am sure Kenya had a choice in being a colony. Regardless he is still Kenyan.

*Sigh*

It's sad when on the public football board you read about how every school has passed us by and how we need progressive leadership a sense of solidarity, and improvement on many fronts, but over here where few tread those same folks say how someone calling for our nation to grow and progress, band together, and improve our nation's way of life is a sack of crap. Harvey, is that you?

I mean, not hours after this historic occasion and a speech meant to inspire and help you realize that this country can be better than it is (even if it's the best already), the attacks and trolling begin again. Continuing to have a closed mind will, in the end, get you left behind while the rest of us journey into the future.

Well said.

Dearest Rudy and FireHelmetJesus...

Please, allow me to share something that was sarcastically shared with me by a conservative moron not unlike yourselves when George W. Bush won the 2004 election.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/citizenship/index.asp

Maple syrup not your cup of tea? Here ya go...

http://www.citizenship.gov.au/

So now I'm a moron. You can't help yourself, I understand that, and more than likely points to why your no longer moderating a fan message board.

As for me I'll stand by my convictions and fight for conservative values. I don't like how the election turned out, but I remember that it took Jimmy Carter to bring us the Great Communicator, Ronald Reagan and OHB will do the same more than likely and I look forward to it. So don't worry about me, I'll be just fine and at least won't be consoling myself with a pill bottle.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Guest JohnDenver

Economically, I hope I am wrong but I have visions of the return of the days of the Carter administration all over again, and if that happens then we will surely look forward to 2010 and 2012 so that, just as time followed that economic disaster, we can go right back to the voting booth even stronger and start growing and put this country back together again.

I hope we return to the Clinton administration, who took over after the recession during the Bush administration. Who turned it around and had a great run (despite some extramarital affairs) for mostly everyone in this country. So just like papa Bush, Baby Bush is leaving the next president with some stuff to clean up.. War in Iraq, recession in the making and a divided country. Please let this be a Clinton type administration.

I hope we return to the Clinton administration, who took over after the recession during the Bush administration. Who turned it around and had a great run (despite some extramarital affairs) for mostly everyone in this country. So just like papa Bush, Baby Bush is leaving the next president with some stuff to clean up.. War in Iraq, recession in the making and a divided country. Please let this be a Clinton type administration.

Mantra

Guest JohnDenver

Guess this super thread has ended.

Time to unify...

Whether that unifying force is fear or hope, just do it.

I felt the same EXACT fear with the second election of W. That turned out well enough, didn't it? B)