Actual Conversation On Unt I Overheard

Objective Aggie

actual dinner conversation from my two boys after seeing a UNT poster at the local pizza joint.

7 year-old: I thought there coach was Mark Dodge?

9 year-old: He was the linebacker for A&M

7 year-old: So it's Todd Dodge?

9 year-old: Yeah. And he is doing horrible.

7 year-old: Well, it's only his second year. He had to change the offense to pass a bunch and it takes a long time to do that. You should give him more time.

9 year-old: Thats what you get for passing. It just means you have more turnovers.

and the Lord said , " let the small children come to me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Jesus said it, not me.

So what I'm hearing is that two children were overheard repeating what they heard adults saying. What exactly is the point? The North Texas team is horrible this year. We all know that. It's not news to anyone. I'm growing bored with all the Dodge hating. Let's give the man a chance to build something before we condemn him. He inherited a bad team and it hasn't gotten better in a year and a half and some are ready to throw in the towel. All I'm saying is to give the man a chance. There were quite a few that were extremely excited when he was hired. Where are they now?

It might be painful for a while but let's all sit back and see what happens. You never know it might be OK.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I didn't see that as a slam on Dodge per se. The 7-year old was wise saying changes aren't easy and to give him more time.

Unless this team gets even worse, I believe that Dodge gets another year to right the ship.

I didn't see that as a slam on Dodge per se. The 7-year old was wise saying changes aren't easy and to give him more time.

Unless this team gets even worse, I believe that Dodge gets another year to right the ship.

I don't think you have to be able to read between the lines to interpret this as a slam on Dodge.

"9 Year old - Yeah. And he is doing horrible."

There really wasn't any reason to post this thread except to slam Dodge unless we're all just hanging on every word that a 7 and 9 year old have to say.

Dodge is here for the duration of his contract whether we want him here or not. That's just my opinion of course.

I don't think you have to be able to read between the lines to interpret this as a slam on Dodge.

"9 Year old - Yeah. And he is doing horrible."

There really wasn't any reason to post this thread except to slam Dodge unless we're all just hanging on every word that a 7 and 9 year old have to say.

Dodge is here for the duration of his contract whether we want him here or not. That's just my opinion of course.

You might note that it was an Aggie, not an Eagle, who started the thread.

as far a reading between the lines of an under 10 conversation, I would say its all code for obama's economic plan vs mccains tax cuts for the upper class, that or the green power ranger would dominate hanna montana in a bare knuckle street fight. Its all the same to me.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I'm just astounded there is a place with a UNT poster! That's the most encouraging thing I've heard all year.

As for the kids, there must be jobs for them somewhere in the administration. Not a bad time to be in the public sector either.

I think some of you guys are reading into it too much, and probably don't spend much time with kids!

I assumed the point of the story was that it was funny to hear these little kids debating the ins and outs of Dodge's tenure as coach.

I agree that it's good to hear about the poster...

UNT Football posters in public, debates on coaching by 7 and 9 year olds...the end is nigh!

I think some of you guys are reading into it too much, and probably don't spend much time with kids!

I assumed the point of the story was that it was funny to hear these little kids debating the ins and outs of Dodge's tenure as coach.

I just thought it was funny that they had actual facts to debate. In some ways, the 7 year-old has more wisdom than a few on this board. There was no flame intended whatsoever. You guys should be elated that two kids (not from a UNT family) are discussing Mean Green football as a dinner time conversation.

By the way, I was at the game Saturday. I thought UNT looked very much like my Aggies. Can move the ball, but can rarely stop anyone. Special teams miscues every game. Get behind every game but keep on fighting. Just an observation.

FYI: poster was at Giovannis in Argyle on 377.

I'm just astounded there is a place with a UNT poster! That's the most encouraging thing I've heard all year.

As for the kids, there must be jobs for them somewhere in the administration. Not a bad time to be in the public sector either.

MORE POSTERS = HAPPY CHILDREN!!!!

MORE POSTERS!

There is nowhere to go but up. This cannot get worse because we have literally hit rock bottom. I gagree with the 9 year old. Good convo between the two tho....Kids are just getting smarter and smarter these days.