Stadium Optimism

UNT90

Just got back from the game. Considering our record, I was impressed with the student attendance. For some reason that is unexplainable, I have a good feeling about the stadium vote.

I got the same vibe, I hope it is not just wishful thinking on my part.

One moment I am totally positive and thinking this will pass but then the next moment I am thinking I do not think it will pass. I am just expecting the worst but hoping for the best at this point. If it does not pass, then it will not surprise me because our winless record and all being super blowouts did not help the cause.

Edited by Green Mean

Just got back from the game. Considering our record, I was impressed with the student attendance. For some reason that is unexplainable, I have a good feeling about the stadium vote.

I was PUMPED tonight to see all of the students that turned out for the game. That has to be the most students I have seen at a game for an 0-5 team. I still feel really good about the vote and tonight did nothing but give me more hope.

I do think we will all be happy with the results. There is a buzz on campus about the stadium, and the dreaded and feared opposition just didn't show up. There was no organization on their part. I do not say that as a judgment against those whose opposed the stadium, merely as a statement that organized opposition did not catch on among the students. BTW, I have the greatest respect for Joe McNulty, creator of the "Against" Facebook group. He sat through one of my residence hall presentations and was very respectful and courteous. He asked one question (a good question) and didn't attempt to undermine our effort to present an unbiased, neutral presentation of the facts about the referendum.

That is how I feel from a distance. I have seen a different student energy than ever before. Had we gone 0-5 when I was in school there would be nobody in that stadium, there would have been 0 tailgating (which there wasn't any anyway), you wouldn't even know we had a home game. I have also never seen a more energetic Green Brigade, so I am hopeful about this vote. We are going to go from having the worst stadium in the SW to having one of the best in a few short years! The players will follow and teh record will improve.

GMG

Apathy works in the favor of the better organized campaign. From everything that Flyer has relayed, that would be the pro-stadium students.

That is how it worked last time. The only problem was the group that was better organized was against the fee. It is nice to hear that there is a positive vibe from the students.

I went to the Facebook site - hoping we would have broken 2,000. What I have noticed is that yesterday we were at 1992 and today we are at 1988. I think we will win this campaign, but I am sure we have lost a couple becuase of the loss and some people don't see the big picture...