Help Me Understand........

Why do the students get to vote on the fee increase? Thought this was an item left up to the Regents.

Let me be frank:

Because of the lack of backbone in the senior leadership from the BOR on down.

This should have just been mandated, but no one wanted the political hit. Well, if you have mediocre leadership, you get a mediocre university.

Why do the students get to vote on the fee increase? Thought this was an item left up to the Regents.

I think it centers around the fact that it's the law. The BOR can only increase fees by less then 10% without a student vote. This has been discussed ad nauseam.

don't ask questions like this, you might be tagged negative.

Come to Arlington on a Saturday afternoon and visit uta and you will see what a negative is without a football program. If the student fee increase fails and the football program is regulated to a lower classification the donations to the University will dry up.

The BOR and administration need to sep up

don't ask questions like this, you might be tagged negative.

Come to Arlington on a Saturday afternoon and visit uta and you will see what a negative is without a football program. If the student fee increase fails and the football program is regulated to a lower classification the donations to the University will dry up.

The BOR and administration need to sep up

The BOR are not going to start construction until they are sure where every dime to pay for it is going to come from. There won't be a corporate sponsor before the stadium starts construction, and probably not one after its completion. They will step up when they know the money is coming from. We cannot afford otherwise. It is not for the BOR/administration to step, I am sure you know public funds cannot be used, so the donors/supporters are going to have to step up.

The BOR are not going to start construction until they are sure where every dime to pay for it is going to come from. There won't be a corporate sponsor before the stadium starts construction, and probably not one after its completion. They will step up when they know the money is coming from. We cannot afford otherwise. It is not for the BOR/administration to step, I am sure you know public funds cannot be used, so the donors/supporters are going to have to step up.

You seem to have a distain for UNT getting corporate sponsorship. How do you know it doesn't already have some nor can't get one? I've seen others post the opposite, that they already exist.

You seem to have a distain for UNT getting corporate sponsorship. How do you know it doesn't already have some nor can't get one? I've seen others post the opposite, that they already exist.

No disdain, it just is laughable to think there are corporations lined up to give $20-30 million dollars to sponsor this stadium. Again, they could get as much visibility with several billboards in the area and at a much cheaper price. But, some on this board make us believe, not you, say they know something but cannot say. And, if there were one, I would think that the athletic department would let it out, it would be nothing but positive for the vote. Even students are asking Flyer in the editorials why he alludes to corporate sponsorship, but won't give any proof. Bet that is really helping the undecideds make up their minds. Why even give so much as a hint to something if you do not know for sure that it is not in place.. And why would Rick share it with him and no one else? I have talked to some of our most influential alumni and they know of nothing in the works as for as a corporate sponsor. Have you seen the news lately? And you still believe there is a corporation out there that is going to put that kind of money here? It may or may not come. But, first this financial crisis we are in is going to have to come to an end. Second, the profile of this program is going to have to be raised significantly for a sponsor to consider it. And that profile is going have to higher than having a leed stadium, games on Channel 21 and only two local radio stations as well as a 118th ranking or whatever. Why hasn't a corporation stepped up and sponsored TX Stadium or the new Cowboy stadium. Even Roger Goodell said this week it is going to challenging for the NFL to get stadium financing. Guess he needs to come to Denton, and listen to what we are doing. Fact is, my posts saying it will not happen are as factual as those that say it is lined up. All speculation! I know for fact one was lined up, but has pulled out. No, I won't name it. A second company, who one of our alumni works for and asks them to consider it, considered it but looked at the past and present support of our program, then concluded sponsorship was not worth the investment of their marketing dollars. FYI, they are a Fortune 250 company. So, please keep on believing, and for the sake of the future of the program, I hope you are right and I am wrong!

We have 30 years from the day it opens to get that $30 mil. Right now they already have a few million pledged. At that rate, they should have enough donations by the time it's been open for 2 years. I'm thinking a lot of potential donors are waiting to see how the vote goes before they throw their hats in the ring.

Green Dozer,

If the vote passes then we are ready to break ground. We DO NOT have to have the other 30 million dollars upfront. And who said that the corporate sponsorship needs to be 20-30 million dollars? There maybe multiple million dollar sponsors contain maybe 2-5 million each or something other than one sponsor giving 20 or 30 million dollars.

Green Dozer,

If the vote passes then we are ready to break ground. We DO NOT have to have the other 30 million dollars upfront. And who said that the corporate sponsorship needs to be 20-30 million dollars? There maybe multiple million dollar sponsors contain maybe 2-5 million each or something other than one sponsor giving 20 or 30 million dollars.

First, it is unrealistic to believe there are multiple million dollar sponsors. Again, why us? And don't tell me location, I know where it will be. We had some games on Ch 21, and we are broadcast on 2 radio stations, one in Dento, and one in Dallas. Some Mean Green Broadcasting Network huh?

North Texas has the highest bond rating of any college in the state. Many use the bond argument as a means to finance this stadium. I would hope that the Board of Regents would not begin construction of any type until they know how any financing would be paid back. I doubt they can get financing without knowing this anyway. The days of getting money and telling how u r going to pay for it later are over. I refinancwd my home this week, and - had to show how all of it would be paid for. Not bases on my hope that in afew I hoped this and that Just pick up a Wall St.J ournal, don't take my word for it.

Just because this fee passes does not mean dirt will move anytime soon. Despite what some people involved in this, it will take more than one nickel. Know of any other universities where it has been as easy as you have been led to believe here. Just use common sense and think about it. Thanks for your reply to my post

Funny, AT&T has been on the radar for naming rights for Jerry World since this April. Surely someone as in-the-know as you would, you know, know this.

Well, Einstein(cannot use the term I would like), ATT nor anybody else is on the radar for our stadium. You might realize tha if you were not trying to keep up with the Jones'and also so stupid!.

Funny, AT&T has been on the radar for naming rights for Jerry World since this April. Surely someone as in-the-know as you would, you know, know this.

What other college stadium besides Tech has a corporat e sponsor, and I am the know on that. Hey, tell Jerry hello the next time you see him. Seriously, not gonna happen here.

What other college stadium besides Tech has a corporat e sponsor, and I am the know on that. Hey, tell Jerry hello the next time you see him. Seriously, not gonna happen here.

BB&T Field, home of the Wake Forest University Demon Deacons

Bright House Networks Stadium, home of the University of Central Florida Knights

Chevy Chase Bank Field at Byrd Stadium, home of the Maryland Terps

Jones AT&T Stadium, home of the Texas Tech Red Raiders (which you implied was the only one)

Maxwell Field at Alltel Stadium, home of the Division II Winona State Warriors (originally named after a small midwest wireless company that was bought out by Alltel)

Movie Gallery Stadium, home of the Troy Trojans (a Sun Belt school with a corporate sponsorship)

Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, home of the Louisville Cardinals

TCF Bank Stadium, home of the Minnesota Golden Gophers (under construction, due to open next season)

It's not unprecedented that a college stadium have a corporate sponsor, and with the physical location of the stadium and exposure in the DFW Metroplex, we could land one. Will it pay for the other half of the construction? Probably not. But once one sponsor hops in the swimming pool, others are more likely to jump in, too.