Scheduling

stebo

If we lose and maybe lose consistently to D1AA schools then it will be time to move back down to D1AA.

No. It would be time to change something then, but not division. Many thought Vanderbilt could never compete at the 1-A level, much less in the SEC, now look at them. NT was 3-8 in 1970 and 71, and 1-10 in 1972 and there was talk of dropping football. But then a guy named Hayden was hired. It just takes the right coach.

Edited by NT80

I am so up in the air right now, I just don't know if we need to start all over again or give it more time. These types of games would be a good way to judge if we needed to make the hard decision (to cut our losses and move on) or if we just need to give our coach more time.

So could we schedule a D1AA game for next season now or is the schedule set for next season? I have a hard time believing that if things don't change quickly, we will see major changes at the end of this year.

Somebody asked me for my math on that. Well, I have never done the math but RV did. Asked point blankly about money games a year or two ago - RV said that we could eliminate them if we could average 26K a game. There is some sort of formula where we make the same amount of money at home with a 26K crowd as we do for a road money game (tickets, concessions, etc..) Now - money games were paying about $350K when that was said so that changes things a little... The Belt is wanting (as a group) no less than a million a game for future money games.

#1 there are no auto wins

#2 you need the money (even with the student fee)

#3 you can only count 1 as a win every other year.

Also, I think we need to define money games. LSU was a money game and I do not see another team on the schedule that I would consider to be the "body bag" money game that ya'll are talking about. K State has played a weak schedule and lost to a weak L'ville team. But if you want to count them then you have 2 "body bag" teams on the schedule. Hardly something that needs a total overhaul. IF you cannot pick up 2 - 3 wins with your current schedule no matter how early you are in a rebuilding stage you need a major change. The future is VERY Bright at UNT. You just have to get all of pieces which include the student fee and new stadium. Once those pieces are in place IF Dodge does not have the ship pointed in the right direction you should have enough money to bring in a "name". If you cannot get a bulldozer moving fast then you need to bring in someone who can. I still believe that RV will get the stadium in place.

Good Luck..

Edited by AnotherEagleFan