Hope For A Stadium

FanofUNT

I think all we can do now is focus on the stadium and understand our team cannot compete now - and the stadium cannot even compete. We have neglected the fact we must keep up with other universities and we are now paying the price. A new stadium will help us start from scratch. If the students realize they ultimately have the power to turn this around - hopefully we will get a "yes" vote.....all we have is hope at this point.

I think all we can do now is focus on the stadium and understand our team cannot compete now - and the stadium cannot even compete. We have neglected the fact we must keep up with other universities and we are now paying the price. A new stadium will help us start from scratch. If the students realize they ultimately have the power to turn this around - hopefully we will get a "yes" vote.....all we have is hope at this point.

If the stadium vote doesn't pass we should drop out of DI football. There's no way we'll ever become competitive if we can't invest in our program, and if this is as good as we can be, I'd just rather drop out.

If the stadium vote doesn't pass we should drop out of DI football. There's no way we'll ever become competitive if we can't invest in our program, and if this is as good as we can be, I'd just rather drop out.

If the vote doesn't pass, and the coaching staff doesn't do something, anything, then it's gonna' go like this...

What do UNT and its special teams have in common?

They both drop football.

When FIU becomes a body bag game, it's time to start looking at teams like Northlake college as more appropriate competition. (Do they even have a team?)

it's time to start looking at teams like Northlake college as more appropriate competition. (Do they even have a team?)

No, but I'm sick of hearing jokes about how we lost to TWU in OT from friends and coworkers... (or add in University of Pheonix online, clown college, school of the blind, SMU, etc.) I've come to accept the fact that we will never be seriously competitive with UT or OU, but all I ask is that we don't get blown out by schools that sound more like an airport than a university.

I know everyone on this board realizes this but the stadium will be built for the future of UNT and North Texas Athletics and not just for this team, or even the next coach and players that come through. UNT has as many exciting things happening as any other major University in the nation. I just attended the ground breaking ceremony for the new Chemistry building, a LEED silver and hopefully gold certified building. Folks, this is cool and it is big! We have many academic building accomplishments on campus. This president does not feel a new stadium is out of balance with our academic accomplishments. Bottom line, Dr. Bataille and company now know how behind we are in many areas. One only knows that after becoming committed to changing the situation. No "head in the sand" mentality for this administration. Much research has gone in to "what UNT needs". It is completely understood the stadium is top priority. We have to spend some time in Austin fighting for our piece of funding on research and many other lopsided legistlation that goes on down there.

Go Mean Green, Join the Mean Green Club, Join the Alumni Association and be a strong North Texas Football fan by being a continued season ticket holder!!

I know everyone on this board realizes this but the stadium will be built for the future of UNT and North Texas Athletics and not just for this team, or even the next coach and players that come through. UNT has as many exciting things happening as any other major University in the nation. I just attended the ground breaking ceremony for the new Chemistry building, a LEED silver and hopefully gold certified building. Folks, this is cool and it is big! We have many academic building accomplishments on campus. This president does not feel a new stadium is out of balance with our academic accomplishments. Bottom line, Dr. Bataille and company now know how behind we are in many areas. One only knows that after becoming committed to changing the situation. No "head in the sand" mentality for this administration. Much research has gone in to "what UNT needs". It is completely understood the stadium is top priority. We have to spend some time in Austin fighting for our piece of funding on research and many other lopsided legistlation that goes on down there.

Go Mean Green, Join the Mean Green Club, Join the Alumni Association and be a strong North Texas Football fan by being a continued season ticket holder!!

Just a correction - That would be the new Life Sciences Complex, not a new chemistry building (they got theirs a few years ago), that just had the groundbreaking.

When FIU becomes a body bag game, it's time to start looking at teams like Northlake college as more appropriate competition. (Do they even have a team?)

No, but I think TCC does.

No, but I'm sick of hearing jokes about how we lost to TWU in OT from friends and coworkers... (or add in University of Pheonix online, clown college, school of the blind, SMU, etc.) I've come to accept the fact that we will never be seriously competitive with UT or OU, but all I ask is that we don't get blown out by schools that sound more like an airport than a university.

I thought their University was AT the airport...