A First

emmitt01

I have never, never, never walked out of a NT game until the final whistle. Today I actually left at halftime.

I always say that I feel like a battered wife because I get abused and just keep coming back...well, tonight I finally couldn't do it anymore.

Edited by emmitt01

I have never, never, never walked out of a NT game until the final whistle. Today I actually left at halftime.

I always say that I feel like a battered wife because I get abused and just keep coming back...well, tonight I finally couldn't do it anymore.

Me too emmitt. me too. :(

Me to, too two!!!

I guess it's an epidemic. I've always stayed till the end as well but I left after the first series of the 3rd.

I don't see any part of this team that is ready to (not win, not compete) step on the same field with a Div. 1 team.

"They're young, it's dickey's fault, the stadium sucks"

No excuse for what's on display out there right now. I keep seeing "#6 recruiting class among non-BCS schools" flashed during our commercial on the scoreboard. Doesn't that mean they should be athletic? All these freshman we're playing were part of that class no? Do any of them have any speed? Do any of the 100 receivers we've loaded up on have any speed? Vizza wasn't under that much pressure, he couldn't find anyone open. It's been like that all year. I hear "throw the ball down field!" Well, he doesn't have anyone to throw it to because they're covered. Our receivers look like their running in mud.

Also, what's the difference between running draws on 3rd and long and continuing to run screen plays that we obviously haven't practiced. They both go no where. Generally if there are more defenders than offensive guys around the ball, that's bad for a screen play.

So at what point does the head coach stop getting a pass?

Just curious.

Likewise.

After being beaten by trying to post on this board via crappy cell phone, I raised the white flag in the early 3rd.

That wasn't even football. That was a joke.

That was FIU, people. Not K-St (who kinda sucks), not LSU, not Tulsa, not even freaking RICE (who kinds sucks).

That was the worst team in D1 since their existence. That was the WORST OFFENSE in D1. Whipping us like we didn't deserve to be on the same field... IN OUR HOUSE.

There are no positives. There are no bright spots. This is the lowest point in NT Football history. PERIOD..... until Western Kentucky (who hung in with VaTech today) whips our ass at their place next month.

Too bad the MG doesn't play SMU this year. Someone would have to get a Div I win.

This was an awful game. I used to listen the UNT games on The Word but that's hard cheese. I hope this was an aberration because the MG was only a 3 pt or so underdog. It's just one of the "got out of hand" games. I remember the NM State game from about 5-6 years ago. TD, bring back the magic!

You can't count on freshmen too much. If you've got all these great recruits playing as freshmen, you'll see some dividends in a couple years, but not now. Riley will also pay off at some point as well. He'll be fun to watch at the helm.

Miss the great backs of the last few years and Booger Kennedy.

I don't what kept me there till the fourth, but once they scored 42, I was done.

I did happen to see the Stadium Video this time, which I missed the first time, though they didn't anounce it this time either.

Actually - they did annouce it. It was about the only thing done right tonight.

Did anyone hear boos from the student side at the half? I am worried about the stadium vote and the future of NT football. I left at the half with an upset tummy that rolaids could not fix.

shutter

I have been mentioning this the past two weeks. I think dodge and his program could blow the athletic fee out of the water because it is hard to support something so bad.

Likewise.

After being beaten by trying to post on this board via crappy cell phone, I raised the white flag in the early 3rd.

That wasn't even football. That was a joke.

That was FIU, people. Not K-St (who kinda sucks), not LSU, not Tulsa, not even freaking RICE (who kinds sucks).

That was the worst team in D1 since their existence. That was the WORST OFFENSE in D1. Whipping us like we didn't deserve to be on the same field... IN OUR HOUSE.

There are no positives. There are no bright spots. This is the lowest point in NT Football history. PERIOD..... until Western Kentucky (who hung in with VaTech today) whips our ass at their place next month.

Rice is getting hammered tonight by Tulsa. Tech passed all over that KSU defense.

ANYONE who still thinks, including the head coach, that our Special Teams coach doesn't need to find a new job is crazy.

This is honestly the worst football I've ever watched. I just have to keep reminding myself of what our conference brethren use to say to us when we were dominating the Belt: This is all cyclical, so enjoy it while it lasts. Good times will happen again for North Texas football. It just won't be any time soon, and I'm starting to think that it won't be with Coach Dodge.

Oh, and if any FIU fans read this, which I doubt, because I've never encountered one...ever...the cheap shots to the head were tacky, and what goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch.

There are no positives. There are no bright spots.

Oh, there were some.

The weather was beyond perfect.

The band? Very sharp. A Bill Chase number never fails to satisfy.

The campus police, to the best of my knowledge, maintained order without compromising anyone's constitutional rights.

Fireworks -- who doesn't like fireworks?

Consecutive weeks of double-digit offensive scoring.

Boomer was especially loud, thanks no doubt to the reverberations off the ample bare aluminum bleachers.

The Sloan waterless urinals worked flawlessly, saving on average 40,000 gallons of water per urinal per year.

Kettlecorn.

Hey, I stayed for all four quarters and it didn't do me any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm...

Edited by Smitty

...any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm any harm...

We better hurry up and get those votes tallied..........

We better keep Gore away from Denton then. :lol:

Seriosusly though, that was terrible. I dont know how I managed to keep myself in the stadium the past two weeks, and I like Emmitt have never left early. I can't blame anyone who is leaving early right now.

I stayed the whole game and I held my claw high during the alms mater. This was embarrassing and might be the lowest point in my 6 year mean green history. But I love the u of nt and I stayed to the end, it was tough though.

Ps. Yall should have heard what rv was saying when we kicked the late field goal down 35 instead of going for the td. I'm glad there were no children around.

Oh, there were some.

The weather was beyond perfect.

The band? Very sharp. A Bill Chase number never fails to satisfy.

The campus police, to the best of my knowledge, maintained order without compromising anyone's constitutional rights.

Fireworks -- who doesn't like fireworks?

Consecutive weeks of double-digit offensive scoring.

Boomer was especially loud, thanks no doubt to the reverberations off the ample bare aluminum bleachers.

The Sloan waterless urinals worked flawlessly, saving on average 40,000 gallons of water per urinal per year.

Kettlecorn.

can't forget the ribs