6:30 Am Meeting

WIFE2HOT4U

"what kind of sign does it send to the 18-20 year old student that will vote in 3 weeks on the future of this university's football program".

I was referring about the thought process that an 18-20 year old will go through when receiving this information, not the sign it would send them. Bad wording on my part. I am not optimistic about how this will be received by the average student who is going to vote, but is on the fence. I hope yall are right, but remember the age group we are talking about.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word regarding the 6:30 am meeting TD mentioned last night - I got the impression he said for the players who are care need to show up...and the rest - hmmm

I e-mailed Brett Vito, and he answered me back. Said that Coach Dodge stated at his press conference that everybody showed up at the 6:30 AM meeting.

I e-mailed Brett Vito, and he answered me back. Said that Coach Dodge stated at his press conference that everybody showed up at the 6:30 AM meeting.

Quite honestly, I was kinda OK with the idea of having some walk out. If they don't have the passion to be part of this university and this program...then maybe they should try to play elsewhere.

from what i understand we lost several players, some key. no details yet??

I sure hope your dead wrong. This team cannot afford to lose anyone. I heard about Miller but no one has said anything about losing players, you have to be kidding.

Losing anymore for any reason is not what this program needs. No offense NTEX1990, but I sure hope you heard wrong.

2 things:

1) What would be REALLY bad for the team/program is to have negative people bringing their crappy attitudes to every game. I'm glad if all of the players showed up, but if some choose to leave because of friction regarding outlook ("We suck, why even try" attitudes), I'd help them pack their bags.

2) This is an important part of ANY organization: commitment. Athletes or fans, organization members, you name it. When I was in SGA I made a similar challenge. Some people quit. Then we ousted a faculty member from the Union Board, because she had never bothered to show up; a few more people quit after that, because they realized they would actually have to be a part of things, not just half-ass it. Once we got rid of non-committed people, we had a really good run, and lots of good press (very rare for SGA, let alone any organization). The point is: I'd rather support a team of 50 really committed guys, regardless of the impact on scholarships and such, than to have 100 athletes, scholarship level or not, half of whom drag the group down with their b.s.

Don't worry! If any starters missed the meeting, coach will just hold them out for the first six or seven plays of the next game. They will be right back on the field after that. I realize this does not send a very strong message to players, but that is what has happened in the past (this season).

Don't worry! If any starters missed the meeting, coach will just hold them out for the first six or seven plays of the next game. They will be right back on the field after that. I realize this does not send a very strong message to players, but that is what has happened in the past (this season).

so basically you're saying we are like every other team in the country, except we can not score more than 20 pts and give up less than 50?

And you know this how?

Just ask Nwigwe about the Tulsa game he know first hand

Nwigwe started the Tulsa game. It's on the NCAA participation report, which has to be accurate. I guess they could doctor it, but why bother? He'd just be listed among the backups, and it wouldn't matter. He led the team in tackles that game.

Methinks you are incorrect.

Nwigwe started the Tulsa game. It's on the NCAA participation report, which has to be accurate. I guess they could doctor it, but why bother? He'd just be listed among the backups, and it wouldn't matter. He led the team in tackles that game.

Methinks you are incorrect.

Nwigwe missed team meetings the week before Tulsa. He was told he would not be playing against Tulsa. He sat out one defensive series.

Moffat, you seem to have a pulse with the team. Tell me, is Tobe the vocal leader of the team? If not, who leads this team and where do they get leadership from at the player level?

Ahhh, now someone has finally addressed what I beleive to be the biggest delima this team faces. Leadership. Leadership. Leadership. Throw respect in there & I think that's the crux of our problem...

Ahhh, now someone has finally addressed what I beleive to be the biggest delima this team faces. Leadership. Leadership. Leadership. Throw respect in there & I think that's the crux of our problem...

Leadership starts at the top when your head coach lies to the players, press and fans how can you have leadership?

Leadership does start at the top. So KBJ says we have no leadership from Dodge, what about Deloach, is he a leader?

Moffat, when you say respect, are you saying it starts at the top as well? Does Dodge not respect the players? Do the players respect one another? Or do the players not respect the coaches?

It seems that the players are playing hard for one another. It seems on campus that the players all get along well. Practice is probably going on right now, maybe someone can give a report on attitude and passion.

Edited by UNT2012