6:30 Am Meeting

WIFE2HOT4U

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, just why would any player NOT show up for the meeting? I do not believe the team has quit on itself or the coaching staff. If some players did not show up, and if they had no legitimate excuse for not being there...dump them and dump them now. If they are on scholarship...take it away as soon as possible. This team and this program needs BELIEVERS and players who want to make it happen. If any player does not think they can be part of the rebuilding program and give 100% them ADIOS and don't let the door hit your rear on the way out.

Hmmmmmm...that's pretty much the way I feel about fans (fans?????) who have given up on this team and this coaching staff. UNT and this program does not need your negative attitude.... I don't mean those who are disappointed in results or have "concerns" about the coaching staff or direction of the program....but, if a "fan" of the program has given up...and they certainly know who they are.....take a hike and find a team you can support.

Again....I AM NOT talking about folks who have expressed some "displeasure" on this site...that is to be expected from MEAN GREEN NATION members who have suffered through many tough times and feel this may be just another one...I don't agree, but their opinions are as valid as anyone else who is more positive at this time...not any more supportive, just who "sees" the current situation in a more positive light...get it? Hope so...

I hope I am wrong but I am going to say that quite a few did not show up. Just a gut feeling.

I would seriously doubt players just blew off this meeting. If it were me, I would have slept by the meeting room door the night before. I'd be willing to bet that TD had to answer some tough questions to RV and/Dr. B. yesterday. And it's only fair that TD get to have the same kinda "Come to Jesus" with his players. I would imagine he was pretty serious in that meeting. You'd be some kinda stupid not to show or be 1 minute late.

Edited by trud1966

from what i understand we lost several players, some key. no details yet??

Any way of getting some details? Did the players quit or were they asked not to come back? This could be a VERY bad thing. Dodge lost several players last year as well. I hope these are just some bad attitudes that are leaving.

Coach,

He said in his show last night that he told the team that if anybody did not have passion for the game, and playing at North Texas, then don't bother showing up for the Tuesday morning meeting, and just go ahead and quit the team.

Thank you, I didn't listen to his show

Edited by PHSCoach

If true, this is concerning on several different fronts. First and foremost, what kind of sign does it send to the 18-20 year old student that will vote in 3 weeks on the future of this university's football program when the players are quiting the team? Horrible, horrible news! Secondly, depending on who and how many players left the team, what does this say the confidence the team has in it's coaching staff?

what kind of sign does it send to the 18-20 year old student that will vote in 3 weeks on the future of this university's football program when the players are quiting the team?

If anything, it sends the message that the Coach is serious about improving the team. That can likely help those who see the results this year and wonder if the Coach is serious. Yes, a few will use it as an excuse to oppose the stadium but I think many students are smart enough to see it as a net positive. I wouldn't be surprised if those who viewed it as a negative were already too apathetic to vote!