Mean Green Alum With Multiple Degrees

GreenMachine

I graduated from NT 12 years ago and went straight to grad school at TCU. I worked so I didn't get involved at all in the school. In fact, the elitist attitude of many prof and students really made me have disdain for the school. However, I did go to a game or two and it was actually fun rooting for a winner. How many people with degrees from other universities find it easier and easier to turn to the other school and root for them and want to give up on NT? I guess I'm just hoping I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I have degrees from two other universities, Oklahoma State University and the University of Central Missouri. I am a proud memebr of the MEAN GREEN NATION and woill stay that way through this very difficult rebuilding time.

Yes, it is tough, but so be it...it's pretty much like life itself...when things are going well, everyone wants to be your friend, but let things get tough and you will find out who your real friends are and who you can actually count on when things get tough. I'll stay with the MEAN GREEN!

Yes, I pull and support both OSU and CMU too as a lifetime member of both Alumni Associations and annual donations and somewhat irregular trips to visit both, but it's the MEAN GREEN that gets my #1 loyalty and support.

Hang in there...things will get better...don't be one of the "fair weather" friends.....

I graduated from NT 12 years ago and went straight to grad school at TCU. I worked so I didn't get involved at all in the school. In fact, the elitist attitude of many prof and students really made me have disdain for the school. However, I did go to a game or two and it was actually fun rooting for a winner. How many people with degrees from other universities find it easier and easier to turn to the other school and root for them and want to give up on NT? I guess I'm just hoping I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'd think that if you were very active while at North Texas and if during that same time NT had realized some success that you are hooked for life, regardless of attending other schools. At least that's how it is for me.

Rick