To The Unt Daily

Green Dozer

I read with disdain that the UNT Daily has taken up itself to do one survey of one group of students, and decide its stance on the stadium. Did you go to the College of Business and do a survey? What about the College of Education? Of course not, but I fear you will think that a survey of your own department reflects the opinion of all students at UNT. I thought that was what the vote was for?

It should be of no surprise to anyone that most people associated with liberal arts degrees at a university would be against a stadium. That said, I would ask that the Daily present all sides of the issues in a fair and unbiased manner. I fear, that because of your track record, you will not.

It is just another challenge for our country that the media has become a political party in all issues. They believe that they know how we as Americans feel, know what is best for us, and therefore can take upon themselves to even ELECT the next president. I can see from doing this survey that the future of journalism in America will not change.

So far, I think the Daily has been fair. Let's wait and see how this "survey" plays out.

If you look at the unscientific evidence:

1700 "For" members vs. 200 "Against" members on Facebook

The online poll at NT Daily that showed roughly 70-30 being for the stadium.

The opposition has a big hill to climb. It's the fall election which means the Greeks will be out in full force voting for Homecoming, and from my experience talking to Greek leaders we will get a lot of "Yes" votes. The athletes are for the fee, the RHAs are for the fee, we have 95% of SGA for the fee, and they will all be talking to their individual schools.

Honestly, if we can't convince a few thousand students how huge this could be, we don't deserve a new stadium. In fact, if we can't afford to a minimal raise in tuition we probably don't deserve to be a DI football team.

It is not a raise in tuition. It is a raise in fees.

agree. if this gets voted down, we don't deserve a new stadium. Or sports in general.

Two different generations of students will have voted it down. An ineffective and apathetic alumni base unable to generate funds or interest for the project. A department unable to land a big donor. No thanks.

Of course, I hope like hell it passes, and by a huge margin.

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

Dodge might need to offer an appology to the fans for his team being so unprepared for this one.

I never expect apologies from coaches. If they say sorry, it is a courtesy. I suppose big donors like to think they are owed an explanation, because they think they are buying an investment that they can control.

I expect coaches to get back to work and figure their shit out. Because if they say sorry and continue to suck, what good was it?

"Sorry doesn't feed a bulldog", an old neighbor used to say.

agree. if this gets voted down, we don't deserve a new stadium. Or sports in general.

Two different generations of students will have voted it down. An ineffective and apathetic alumni base unable to generate funds or interest for the project. A department unable to land a big donor. No thanks.

Of course, I hope like hell it passes, and by a huge margin.

Per the game program, Rice athletics raised 72 million dollars LAST YEAR!