Does Arky State Have A Chance?

Mean'n'Green07

Guest Aquila_Viridis

They also have Southern Miss at home this weekend. That would be another quality win for them.

That would be a respectable win and I hope they pull it off. I know we have some history with New Mexico State, but I at least think of stAte as NT's biggest rival. Further, for reasons I can't easily articulate, I just don't hate them like I do Northeast, and Northeast even has a swamp on campus and that is cool.

You mentioned SMU. You must be obsessed with them! Nevermind that they are 30 miles down the road and we compete with them for recruits. You mentioned them, therefore you must have an obsession.

exactly....and the fact that there is a thread to see who will lose by more this weekend! i also noticed that tcu was a -14 to stanford. that was rather shocking!

I would love to see it happen, but I doubt it. We have seen that A&M is less then steller this year so far (as they have been lately), and then they play a bad Texas Southern team (0-11 last year). Not much to show a top 25, but it would be great to see. Troy didn't even do it after winning against a ranked Missori team a few years back.

RE: that Texas game, I remember it well. It was 27 -0 at the half AND at the end of the game. My memory says it was 10 sacks, 8 of them on Chris Simms. Cedric Benson (NFL bust) was held to something like 38 net yards I think. I remember being in the car listening to the UT postgame show and hearing Mack Brown say that we were a good team and would win our conference. He also said that Booger was an All-American and that they didn't block him all night.

Someone with the old stats can feel free to check my memory...I AM 63 and quite senile.

RE: that Texas game, I remember it well. It was 27 -0 at the half AND at the end of the game. My memory says it was 10 sacks, 8 of them on Chris Simms. Cedric Benson (NFL bust) was held to something like 38 net yards I think. I remember being in the car listening to the UT postgame show and hearing Mack Brown say that we were a good team and would win our conference. He also said that Booger was an All-American and that they didn't block him all night.

Someone with the old stats can feel free to check my memory...I AM 63 and quite senile.

I hear this over and over about that game. I have been to ALL the UNT vs. UT games. The '88 game playing a bad UT team and the two games Coach Fry played at UT with Jordan Case the QB in the last one are the ONLY games in which we were competitive. Yes, Booger had a great second half, but come on, UT was ahead 27-0 against a team they considered an early season scrimmage, don't you think that they had let up and were looking on to the next week? I was there it WAS NOT that close. The real barn burners were those two with Hayden Fry, the first one with Earl Campbell at RB for UT.

I hear this over and over about that game. I have been to ALL the UNT vs. UT games. The '88 game playing a bad UT team and the two games Coach Fry played at UT with Jordan Case the QB in the last one are the ONLY games in which we were competitive. Yes, Booger had a great second half, but come on, UT was ahead 27-0 against a team they considered an early season scrimmage, don't you think that they had let up and were looking on to the next week? I was there it WAS NOT that close. The real barn burners were those two with Hayden Fry, the first one with Earl Campbell at RB for UT.

I hear this qoute frequently about the 88 game. I don't put an * by that game. I was there. UT did not have a great season, but that is not because they were not loaded with talent. They just didn't put it together that year. North Texas had their number and played lights out! The UT crowd was as quiet as library and scared *&$^#less. It was pure greatness. I am very proud of that game and don't see it as a "yes, but" game at all. That is like saying that UCLA got beat today because they were a bad team. Sometimes teams that are supposed to win get dominated by a team that is not supposed to win. That's the reason we play the game instead of just look at stat sheets!

Who is saying 27-0 is close? I think people are just proud of the defensive effort in the 2nd half when UT still had their starters in and were trying to score. If I recall correctly, Simms was in until the last series of the game.

Who is saying 27-0 is close? I think people are just proud of the defensive effort in the 2nd half when UT still had their starters in and were trying to score. If I recall correctly, Simms was in until the last series of the game.

It was closer than the score. If I remember right (and that was a long time ago).... 2 TD were scored by INT returns, and we limted UT to 215 total yards of O, and Cedrick Benson to something like 38 yards rushing. Again. I am old, and my memory could be going. Watching the game it did not seem like 27-0.