Nt V. Lsu

UNT_playmaker

I read the postings all the time. Yes any one can say what they want.

I will also say what I want. I find the negative crap writen about this

team to be insulting to the team and to the true fans of North Texas!

I have been around for a long time, and I have seen the good and

the bad. The one common connection is some so called fans want

to beat down the team when the team is not doing well, and make a point

to point out how bad the team is. Real fans, yeah right! These

fans do not know anything about football, and just follow the

band wagon, or jump ship when things are not going their way.

So reading the negative postings made by several posters is not new,

and just fuels more disrespect for North Texas in college athletics.

I bet the LSU fans lurking here are enjoying every posting!

My choice is to read the negative postings and to defend this team

any way I can. I get into wars here at work with the college football

fans. All I hear is how NT sucks, and I see the same suck attitude

writen into many postings. So I will defend North Texas everywhere

I am at, even right here in our back yard.

I read the postings all the time. Yes any one can say what they want.

I will also say what I want. I find the negative crap writen about this

team to be insulting to the team and to the true fans of North Texas!

--You are right.....BUT...... it is tough to be positive when were "dead last" last year in the NCAA in points allowed ( 45.1 per game ) and this year so far we are allowing 50.5 per game and are playing an even tougher team this week.

---I don't how to "spin" that into a positive.....perhaps you know.

---I love success, I can accept losing somewhat... but getting constantly stomped is another deal.... Only once prior to last year had we given up 400+ points during a season and that was our first year back in division I... last year we gave up 541. and this year is not looking better. The only thing to be positve about (that I see) is we need to improve in that area.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

This is going to be a disaster. It is not unrealistic to think that North Texas will give up anywhere from 50 to 70 points and not even score twice. This team won the national championship for good reason last season. They have some of - if not THE best athletes in the SEC. This game is going to be on par with last year's OU game or the opener against Texas back in 2004. I hope that we can see some positive things, and continue to watch Gio grow into the fantastic QB that he is, but I like our neighbors to the South, I am evacuating any thoughts that this will be a game, and going towards safety. What is 'safety'?? Safety is not allowing myself to even imagine the impossible.

After saying all that....I hope that our offense executes well, our defense suddenly figures it all out, and our special teams decide to cover a kick. I would love to see us give a great effort and lose with some dignity. However, I feel that losing to 3 quality teams will get these guys ready for Rice, and then a step-down in talent when we hit Belt play. Dominating the Belt used to be fun, and it can be again THIS YEAR. Let's just pray for some progress and those that are fearing the wrath of Ike.

I could not agree more. I have been figthing negative posters ever since Saturday's game was over. Why? Is it because I am trying to be the "thought" police? No. Everyone can think and write what they want, but I'm not going to let these young men and this coach think that most of the fans out there have given up on them. I think our future is bright and that this team is going to surprise a lot people before this season is over. Then, watch how the negative folks jump on the bandwagon!

Unlike most, I don't believe Tulsa was significantly physically superior to NT. What I saw was a NT team that did not pick up blitzes and stunts on offense and was out of position on too many defensive plays. These faults point to experience levels more than the talent levels. I didn't see Tulsa consistently manhandle NT on either side of the ball. The only glaring problem was lack of a pass rush.

Also, many keep commenting on NT's need for recruiting on the offensive line. IMO, this is going to be one of the strongest parts of the team and not a priority need especially with the current lack of scholarships to offer. The starting 5 include one freshman, 2 juniors, and 2 sophomores. They also have two players that have started Rose and Menard as backups. Soon, players with health issues: Jenkins, Tomlison, and our best lineman Drake should be available. Other than QB, the offensive line positions are the most difficult to master and I think the offensive line will get much better this year.

Y'all are making me depressed reading these post.

Alot has happened in Louisiana these past few weeks and if this team commits the cardinal sin and overlooks y'all to the game with Auburn, it is with in the realm of possiblity for an upset to happen.

Not very likely but hell anything can happen!

I've got to agree with you on this Crip. Although I have no logical expectation of UNT beating LSU, I consider logic to be highly overrated in the sports world. Why give up before a down is played? If Boise State had taken the attitude so many of our posters have, maybe they would have forfeited to Oklahoma. Who was Appy State to think they could block a game deciding field goal against Michigan? Hey, Dewey beats Truman!

Worst game in history? I don't think this will be the worst, but it won't look good. LSU is one of the best teams in the nation, so if we hang with them great...if we don't it doesn't worry me.

I would put my vote on the 65-0 pasting we got from UT. Funny thing is, if my memory serves me, we actually won the sunbelt that year.

I've got to agree with you on this Crip. Although I have no logical expectation of UNT beating LSU, I consider logic to be highly overrated in the sports world. Why give up before a down is played? If Boise State had taken the attitude so many of our posters have, maybe they would have forfeited to Oklahoma. Who was Appy State to think they could block a game deciding field goal against Michigan? Hey, Dewey beats Truman!

---Boise State was not giving up 45-50 points per game for the last FOURTEEN GAMES and had won many games and had not lost to two teams the previous year whose only win was Boise State.. Two teams on our 2007 schedule (SMU, FIU) won ONE game.......us.... we made their season... Appl. State was the defending A-II champ, not a team that seems to get worse every year. As a parent I would never accept the results and reward a child that constantly came home with failing grades.

----There is a big difference. Show some improvement. As I tell my college students... show you care and then I will show I care and will support and help you. Coaching is tough..... but the heads are getting great salaries compared to most people... provide some results to match the salary. I also have no pity for Vince Young who is upset that someone booed him ... I would gladly trade salaries with him.... toughen up and get busy.... or leave. .

As Truman said.... "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".

I don't think we should forfeit or just give up to anyone..... but work hard and make the score respectable or don't schedule them. Surely we can do better than average 45-50 points on defense for 14 games.... remember we play teams in the SunBelt... not the SEC or Big XII.

To repeat an unfortunate quote.... "You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still as pig". You can claim we are getting better but the results don't show that.

If we lose, we lose.... but for gosh sakes do we have to the worse team in the NCAA in defense??... we are or at least the stats indicate that. I'm not some crazy alum that thinks we should be #1..... I just don't want to be the worst of 118 teams or close to it.... I just can't accept that much failure.... maybe some here can...!!

Fool me once shame on you... fool me FOURTEEN times... shame on me.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66