Latest On Hurricane Ike

UNTLifer

This is a great website:

Wunderground.com Tracking Models

Here's the latest:

at200809_model.gif

Most forecasters state that the accuracy really goes down outside of three days, but it appears that this storm may hit South Central Texas. The writer that led a blog discussion on Gustav mentioned that he had found the GFDL model (blue) as one of the most accurate, which it was for Gustav. The model above basically has hit coming up I45, or just to the west of 45, which would hammer Galveston and create a storm surge into the Houston Ship Channel. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Edited by UNTLifer

FLYER...Congratulations! I do hope the weather is great for you guys. Welcome to the "married life" stuff...trust me, it gets even better as the years go along. Remember these little words of advice my father gave me (unfortunately, he gave them too me before my second marriage...I am a slow learner! But it is good he waited!):

You need to decide...

You can either be RIGHT...or...

You can be HAPPY!

You get to make the call! :lol:

my mom just moved to the Gavelston Area in march....shes in a town called league city which i heard is 3 miles under sea level.....im gonna make sure she leaves!

League City is flat, but I think 3 miles under sea level is a bit of a stretch. Let's all hope League City is spared, not only for the citizens, but for all of the refineries in this area.

I got married 18 years ago and went to the Ft.Worth Zoo for our honeymoon then back to work. No matter what happens it's all good.

We went to the Ft. Worth Zoo for our honeymoon too! But we also went to a Ranger's game and to a musical at Fair Park.

FLYER...Congratulations! I do hope the weather is great for you guys. Welcome to the "married life" stuff...trust me, it gets even better as the years go along. Remember these little words of advice my father gave me (unfortunately, he gave them too me before my second marriage...I am a slow learner! But it is good he waited!):

You need to decide...

You can either be RIGHT...or...

You can be HAPPY!

You get to make the call! :lol:

BEWARE, getting married turned KRAM1 in to a soccer fan!

And untgirl04 wasted no time in stealing her husband's manhood! :lol:

and to a musical at Fair Park.

Edited by UNTLifer

BEWARE, getting married turned KRAM1 in to a soccer fan!

And untgirl04 wasted no time in stealing her husband's manhood! :lol:

At least it wasn't The Sound of Music or Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I'd also like to point out that it was my suggestion we go to a Rangers game. Best seats ever: four rows behind home plate.

I would think that the more uncertainty of where this thing is going to go, would only hurt our chances of getting this game very close to here. I'd be willing to bet that is why Atlanta is a choice now.

I think you are absolutely right. No computer models have this thing effecting Atlanta in any way. If it goes through Houston, we could feel it here as well.

Edited by BonfireBrian