Thanks To Rick V

Smitty

Lost in all the debate over the loss to Tulsa and various side issues stemming from the game is what I thought was a great job by Rick V and his staff on the new stadium presentation. I thought the model they had outside Fouts was very well made and was very impressive. For an old hand who has been going to Fouts since 19(illegible), the idea of a replacement is rather intoxicating. The model was great and the handouts were professional.

And a special thanks to Rick V for standing out there all afternoon next to the stadium model, talking to anyone and everyone about the new stadium. I know it's his job, but it cannot have been any fun to stand outside in a suit and tie all day, but he did it. He was gracious and friendly and happy to answer questions, even though he had to be hurting in that suit jacket and tie in 90-degree heat.

Thank you, Rick. The effort is much appreciated.

Lost in all the debate over the loss to Tulsa and various side issues stemming from the game is what I thought was a great job by Rick V and his staff on the new stadium presentation. I thought the model they had outside Fouts was very well made and was very impressive. For an old hand who has been going to Fouts since 19(illegible), the idea of a replacement is rather intoxicating. The model was great and the handouts were professional.

And a special thanks to Rick V for standing out there all afternoon next to the stadium model, talking to anyone and everyone about the new stadium. I know it's his job, but it cannot have been any fun to stand outside in a suit and tie all day, but he did it. He was gracious and friendly and happy to answer questions, even though he had to be hurting in that suit jacket and tie in 90-degree heat.

Thank you, Rick. The effort is much appreciated.

Been meaning to make a post similar to this.

It was great to sit and talk to him about all the items for the new stadium.

A couple things stood out.

1. Like Flyer was speaking about earlier, the renewable parking lot is fascinating. It pretty mch concrete and grass. So during football season its a lot, then the rest of the year grass. Trash and recycling compactors on site to drive renewable energy, solar panels.

2. I would get the 2010 Kstate opener out of our heads. RV said think home opener 2011 and Louisville.

3. Talked about what the 35 corridor would look like. Pretty much is going to wipe out the sack and save and that whole side right there. It will bend around the Murchison and maybe encompass the Taco Cabana. I asked him if he was glad Taco Cabana was going and was that his idea. He smiled but that might have been a want to kill me smile.

4. They hope to bring the field turf over to the new stadium but probably not likely. If not it will be used outdoors for the practice field.

I too spent a few moments talking to RV. He's done a great job on this project, and despite the rough game, and the fact that the stadium wasn't unveiled the way we all hoped, I'm saddened that we've got 4 posts in this thread, and a hundred in the "let's bitch about yet something else, oh, hey, there's something, the drumline was playing while the video was being showed, so that means the Athletic Department is totally incompetent" thread. :rolleyes:

Rick - Thank you for your hard work and effort. You brought something that has been THE main issue for this fan base and have us as close to it as we have ever been, and you deserve a HUGE amount of Credit!

Thank you so much!

I don't think RV gets enough credit for this. I know he has his nay-sayers, what AD doesn't, but he is the FIRST AD in my history with UNT that when he said he was going to get a project going and complete to upgrade facilites, he did it. Some say he was "lucky" in some cases...so be it...he said it and he did it. I apprecaite the fact that some folks are moving forward and looking at the positives around the athletic program.

UNT has some excellent facilities for athletics and improvements in sevearla areas are in the works, not just the new stadium. It is just that the stadium is the centerpiece and will be such a great positive. I can only imagine the teams that will consider playing in Denton with the new stadium. Can hardly wait, and it will be great fun to watch it being built. Our own "Jerry World"...OK, "Rick World". Bring it on!

GO MEAN GREEN....BUY SEASON TICKETS and COME TO THE GAMES!!!!

Yes, thank you Coach V for pushing to make the stadium a near future reality. It is a must and will take UNT athletics and university to the next level no doubt. Please ignore the naysayers as there will always be the vocal minority who can't see and believe in any dream. They prefer to be whiners and complainers no matter what the situation. Ignore them and stay the course. It can and will happen!!

I still would hope that they would make that video presentation available online. It was pretty slick/sexy looking, really made you think about how big the program could be.

I would love to see them put the video online for us out of towners.

And thanks RV, as I said in my previous post, we owe you a lot because I remember how things were before you got here.

Rick has done a tremendous job at UNT. When I was a student, it was not normal to want to go to a football game or attend any athletic event. Now, the student turnout is far greater and will continue to improve. There is a connection now with the university and the athletic program and this too will continue to grow. Thanks Rick for your vision and efforts!!!

Been meaning to make a post similar to this.

It was great to sit and talk to him about all the items for the new stadium.

A couple things stood out.

1. Like Flyer was speaking about earlier, the renewable parking lot is fascinating. It pretty mch concrete and grass. So during football season its a lot, then the rest of the year grass. Trash and recycling compactors on site to drive renewable energy, solar panels.2. I would get the 2010 Kstate opener out of our heads. RV said think home opener 2011 and Louisville.

3. Talked about what the 35 corridor would look like. Pretty much is going to wipe out the sack and save and that whole side right there. It will bend around the Murchison and maybe encompass the Taco Cabana. I asked him if he was glad Taco Cabana was going and was that his idea. He smiled but that might have been a want to kill me smile.

4. They hope to bring the field turf over to the new stadium but probably not likely. If not it will be used outdoors for the practice field.

Those sound like the kind of innovative projects that someone could apply for Federal grant money to help fund.

1. Like Flyer was speaking about earlier, the renewable parking lot is fascinating. It pretty much concrete and grass. So during football season its a lot, then the rest of the year grass. Trash and recycling compactors on site to drive renewable energy, solar panels.

Is this a bit he is trying to pull on you boys?

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/07/porous_pavingop.php

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

One of the keys to getting this stadium done is making it as "green" as possible. Some will look anywhere they can to find fault with this project. Perhaps some of the nay sayers could be swayed with the agrument that this is an experiment that could lead to more green innovations.

Tiger - The other white meat