Stadium Model Pictures

UNTflyer

Credit to Sean Hiatt. Thanks dude!!!

n23904627_36797469_1718.jpg

n23904627_36797468_1197.jpg

n23904627_36797471_2662.jpg

n23904627_36797470_2196.jpg

Thanks for the pics, does anyone else have some pics of the stadium model they can post?

Also, this is the old concept model, if we just spent 400,000 dollars for architectual plans, is it plans of this model or are there modifications or a new plan (model)?.....where are the drawings from HKS?

The new stadium is very important to move this football program forward....recruiting, attendance, enhanced game day experience, top 50 programs to Denton...just everything, can't expect a top 50 program with Fouts...end of story.

It's still the concept model

I'm not trying to be negative, and you seem to have RV's ear, but are we still involved with HKS in any way at all? I've got no problem with the F&S stadium they keep showing us pictures/videos/models of, in fact I'd be thrilled if they built it, but if they've contracted HKS to draw up plans for the stadium why keep re-unveiling this concept?

I'm not trying to be negative, and you seem to have RV's ear, but are we still involved with HKS in any way at all? I've got no problem with the F&S stadium they keep showing us pictures/videos/models of, in fact I'd be thrilled if they built it, but if they've contracted HKS to draw up plans for the stadium why keep re-unveiling this concept?

I'd imagine that the answer is that HKS's version is 90% what this concept is.

I don't know if anyone has discussed timeframe, but I asked RV point blank if 2010 is a reality at all. He said No, that it would "be ready for the 2011 season IF things go our way in October" which I'm sure is a reference to the Student Vote.

Edited by yyz28

I'd imagine that the answer is that HKS's version is 90% what this concept is.

I don't know if anyone has discussed timeframe, but I asked RV point blank if 2010 is a reality at all. He said No, that it would "be ready for the 2011 season IF things go our way in October" which I'm sure is a reference to the Student Vote.

I asked RV point blank in 2006...he told me 2009....then it became 2010....now it is 2011.....soooooo, when is it...really. Hope I am still around for it.

I asked RV point blank in 2006...he told me 2009....then it became 2010....now it is 2011.....soooooo, when is it...really. Hope I am still around for it.

Here's the time frame as explained to me:

October - Student Vote

January - March - Legislative approval

Spring 2009 - BOR approval

Almost immediately after BOR approval - Dr. B. gives green light for construction.

Here's where it gets foggy:

Construction is estimated to take 18 months.

If we are able to break ground in late spring, early summer of 2009 (June), then the stadium is completed by end of 2010 (November-December), which is too late for the season.

*IF* the legislature passes the bill early in the session (January) and the BOR approves quickly and they are able to break ground by February or March of 2009, then it's finished by September of 2010. This second scenario is only possible if everything goes perfect with the student vote, the legislative approval is done early, the timing of the BOR meeting is just right after the legislature approves the amendment, there are no construction delays, etc.

So, construction will likely be completed in 2010, but it's likely we won't play in it until 2011.

Here's the time frame as explained to me:

October - Student Vote

January - March - Legislative approval

Spring 2009 - BOR approval

Almost immediately after BOR approval - Dr. B. gives green light for construction.

Here's where it gets foggy:

Construction is estimated to take 18 months.

If we are able to break ground in late spring, early summer of 2009 (June), then the stadium is completed by end of 2010 (November-December), which is too late for the season.

*IF* the legislature passes the bill early in the session (January) and the BOR approves quickly and they are able to break ground by February or March of 2009, then it's finished by September of 2010. This second scenario is only possible if everything goes perfect with the student vote, the legislative approval is done early, the timing of the BOR meeting is just right after the legislature approves the amendment, there are no construction delays, etc.

So, construction will likely be completed in 2010, but it's likely we won't play in it until 2011.

BOR's action will be quick. I believe it's a done deal with them, Dr B probably wont' lose any time doing her part. The one thing that concerns me is any attempt by the student body to call fowl on any promotions being in violation of the rules of the referendum. This could slow things down alot!

BOR's action will be quick. I believe it's a done deal with them, Dr B probably wont' lose any time doing her part. The one thing that concerns me is any attempt by the student body to call fowl on any promotions being in violation of the rules of the referendum. This could slow things down alot!

I think the BOR will approve it at their first meeting after the legislative approval. I suppose they could call a special meeting to approve it. I'm not certain if the Governor has to sign the bill, that could slow things down as well.

I think the BOR will approve it at their first meeting after the legislative approval. I suppose they could call a special meeting to approve it. I'm not certain if the Governor has to sign the bill, that could slow things down as well.

If we don't get this stadium, our program is as good as dead... that's what I keep hearing from sportscasters I know.. and I am close to agreeing with them. Any cred our coaching staff had would be gone as well.

If we don't get this stadium, our program is as good as dead... that's what I keep hearing from sportscasters I know.. and I am close to agreeing with them. Any cred our coaching staff had would be gone as well.

I agree 100% with that. It will be pretty sad if it doesn't happen.