Ladies Scoccer Beats Ou!

UNTflyer

One of the best games i've been too, the crowd/atmosphere was unbelievable. #7 is a stud, coach Hedlind made a great move pushing #7 up from the back late in the game.....it really paid off with two absolute rocket shots pass the OU goalkeeper.

Not sure any of our sports can beat OU much less compete with them but with coach Hedlind on the sidelines anything is possible.

Great Job ladies, 3-0 keep it going

My thoughts...

It was a great, exciting game. I loved how we pulled it off from being behind 1-2 at half. We owned the second half and looked very good in the process.

In the past Hedlund (at least when Marin was here) liked the long-ball game. I much prefer a possession game. I wish there was alittle more balance in the game because I thought the long ball was used too much tonight. Sometimes it looked like it just turned into a kickball game. But, Oklahoma liked to push the long ball as well. I also thought that our team passed it too much while in our offensive third. There were times when we should have challenged the keeper (18-20 yards in front of the goal) and instead we passed it off to another team-mate. Not a bad idea sometimes but if you have the shot you need to take it.

I only say this because I thought the score should have been 4-1 UNT. We definitely looked like the better team and I thought it was a few of our follies (both on offense and defense) that kept OU in it. This is looking like it could be yet another great year for our team.

By the way, those last two goals were simply beautiful. Whoever hit those i give some serious kudos too.

Edited by Travis

That was the greatest soccer game I've been to, college or pro. The atmosphere was electric. I second that we definitely appeared to be the better team, I am just glad they know how to grind out a win. Go Mean Green! Let's hope the football team today can match what the other kind of football team did last night!