Describe Your Tailgaiting Routine

Harry

For me I will have a group of about 10 friends and family and get in about 2:30 and meet up with my cousin who has about 12 folks coming to the game. Someone will bring a bucket of fried chicken and we will have a small grill for some Earl Campbell's sausages. Lots of cold beer. At about 3:45 4pm we will start cruising around the various tailgate areas and say hello to UNT friends and family. Next gotta stop by the Coors/Pourhouse tent to say hello to my GoMeanGreen buds and watch the player walk through. Next head the kiddos over to the jumpy jump area and maybe get them some face paint. Next go back to original tailgate spot and drink some cold beer. Next get into the stadium and watch warmups. After that it is strap it on, GAMETIME!!!! After the game head to the car and catch as much of the post game show that I can. Next stop by the Pourhouse and have a victory celebration drink!

GMG!

6:00 am - First Crown & Coke of the day

6:30 am - Perform checklist for 3rd time.

6:32 am - Second c&c

6:45 am - Breakfast (washed down with a C &C)

7:00 am - First run to grocery store for ice

7:30 am - Second run to grocery store (to pick up things I forgot to get)

8:00 am - C & C break

8:05 am - Begin loading truck

8:15 am - C&C break

9:00 am - 11:00am - College Gameday

9:30 am - Check NFL fantasy lineup (since I won't be sober for another 48 hours)

9:35 am - C&C break

10:55 am - Lee Corso Mascot Head pick

11:00 am - Load up and drive to Fouts

11:10 am - Argue with parking attendant

11:15 am - Start setting up tent

11:20 am - Tear down tent after parking Nazis tell me to take it down

11:21 - 11:30am - Rant and cuss about the parking Nazis

11:30 am - Setup table, generator, satellite, tv, grill, etc.

11:45 - 5:00 pm - I rarely remember this time period.

5:00 pm - Begin to tear down tailgating area

5:10 pm - Stare into back of my SUV and wonder how the hell everything is going to fit.

5:20 pm - Stare in amazement at how everything fit back into the SUV

5:30pm - Enter stadium and root for the Mean Green

6:00 am - First Crown & Coke of the day

6:30 am - Perform checklist for 3rd time.

6:32 am - Second c&c

6:45 am - Breakfast (washed down with a C &C)

7:00 am - First run to grocery store for ice

7:30 am - Second run to grocery store (to pick up things I forgot to get)

8:00 am - C & C break

8:05 am - Begin loading truck

8:15 am - C&C break

9:00 am - 11:00am - College Gameday

9:30 am - Check NFL fantasy lineup (since I won't be sober for another 48 hours)

9:35 am - C&C break

10:55 am - Lee Corso Mascot Head pick

11:00 am - Load up and drive to Fouts

11:30 am - Setup table, generator, satellite, tv, grill, etc.

11:45 - 5:00 pm - I rarely remember this time period.

5:00 pm - Begin to tear down tailgating area

5:10 pm - Stare into back of my SUV and wonder how the hell everything is going to fit.

5:20 pm - Stare in amazement at how everything fit back into the SUV

5:30pm - Enter stadium and root for the Mean Green

Maybe you should have a crown and coke on saturday! Just incase you didnt know if you should have one or not!

Speaking of parking. I got something in the mail. It said if you enter the Blue lot before 1p, you can choose to park at either end (near the Orange lot or near Beerman). After 1:00, you must go to Beerman. Well, we knew they were going to change something, but this is virtually a "no-change". Since there aren't many people in the Blue lot before 3p anyway, they really haven't changed anything for the better. How about...you can go to either end anytime you dang well please!

Maybe you should have a crown and coke on saturday! Just incase you didnt know if you should have one or not!

I really hope that the cola is on the side and not mixed. The Society of the Crown suggests you put a teaspoon of water in your glass after your first drink. However, while in the parking lot at the game all is fair.

wake up early in excitement

head to stadium around 10 am

park AWAY from beerman

drink beer

set up canopy

drink beer

set up beer pong table (pray for light wind)

drink beer....and more beer...cause i suck!

fire up the grill around 3

drink a beer

eat, drink, be merry

walk into stadium with beer in my pockets

enjoy a beatdown of epic proportions in favor of NORTH TEXAS!

Show up totally unprepared with a cooler and a couple chairs

Find place to park -- what's a beerman?

Drink 3 beers at most

Throw kid in bounce house

Go into stadium

Try to explain game of football to kid

Drive home wishing I were able to drink more beer during the tailgating

Don't get me wrong. I'm still totally looking forward to this.

You must be one of the uninitiated, so I present to you this actual video of the BeerMan in his native environment.

0uUlJLJjwNs

Beerman is a blast the first time you see him on Fry Street, the way he keeps reminding you to drink more beer while you mock his total lack of ability for some reason just makes for a great drunken night. Problem is, every time you see/hear Beerman after you're first encounter you grow to hate him more and more and more........

Edited by Green P1

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! That's so true!

Edited by yyz28

Due to fatherly duties and soccer games I can't partake in tailgating until about 3:30...although I have strongly pondered what it would be like to get the grill fired up and the beer flowing at my 4 year old's soccer game...

arrive at 3:30

set-up tent and grill

drink

grill wings or ribs or Muenster sausage

eat until I need to change into elastic shorts

stumble into the game...even though we have season tickets, we sit on student side...it's way more energetic!!

leave game happy with win

listen to post game show

drink a lot of Pepto before bed

passout

OK. Two specific questions.

On my thread about game day questions, someone suggested parking in the lot across the street from the super pit on Highland. Do I really need to show up at 10 or 11 to get a spot there? Were it me and me alone, I'd be content to sit around sucking down the beers until I'm rendered eligible for the handicapped ramps into the stadium. However, bringing the kid, I don't know that I can keep her entertained for that long of a time.

Question two -- I see people are mentioning bringing grills. Can I bring a charcoal grill or does it have to be gas? If I can bring charcoal, where does one dispose of the coals?

Thu realize I leave the next day and throw mass loads of laundry into the wash machine

Thu 11:30pm pack and decide to do it in the AM

Fri 7:30am iron Mean Green dress shirt to show my pride at work and to remind everyone I am leaving early today!

Fri 8:00am scrambling trying not to forget all my Mean Green shirts even though I will know which one I will wear

Fri 8:15am run back into place to grab tennis shoes and toothbrush

Fri work - play on Mean Green board, move all meetings to next week and listen to the ticket online:) to get geeked about my trip in a few hours

Fri 7:30p board that plane from sin city to football city USA!

Fri 11:30p meet Mean Green crazies at airport and beg for an opening season drink

Sat 12:15p locate bar to enjoy welcome to Mean Green country - its game day baby!

Sat 2:00p glad we are not in sin city or we would not have to stop the pre-party - need to same some energy for Saturday

Sat hit the grocery store to eliminate as many stops as possible before Denton

Sat AM watch the kiddos games

Sat 12:00p caravan with multiple cars to get a few slots to set up shop in - struggle with tent if wind is above 3mph

Sat alternate water beer water beer - hit the bookstore or Voertmans and buy new gear

Sat 3:00p cease alternating and simply enjoy beer

Sat 3:00p find food

Sat 3:00p - 6:00 take kiddos bounce house, watch band march in, get sunburned, reminesce about the bowl years, grab college football updates, heaven:)

Sat 6:00p begin the aerial assault on Tulsa

Sat 6:00p - 9:30p watch Mean Green get first W of the season

Sat 9:00p - set up post game tailgate by car

Sat Hit Pourhouse - where is Pourhouse?

Sun AM sleep like a baby from exhaustion

Sun board plane and return to sin city

Mon make office envious about fun weekend

Tue AM see if Ike ruins my trip to Louisiansa!

GMG

OK. Two specific questions.

On my thread about game day questions, someone suggested parking in the lot across the street from the super pit on Highland. Do I really need to show up at 10 or 11 to get a spot there? Were it me and me alone, I'd be content to sit around sucking down the beers until I'm rendered eligible for the handicapped ramps into the stadium. However, bringing the kid, I don't know that I can keep her entertained for that long of a time.

Question two -- I see people are mentioning bringing grills. Can I bring a charcoal grill or does it have to be gas? If I can bring charcoal, where does one dispose of the coals?

No, I don't think you will need to be there at 10 or 11 to get a parking spot in that lot, but don't be too late. I showed up later than planned for the Navy game last year and ended up having to park in the lot behind the new chemistry building. Yes, that building over on Hickory.

Two, I believe there are metal barrels for dumping coals.

And Flyer, don't ever ruin your Crown with Coke.

And Flyer, don't ever ruin your Crown with Coke.

I was thinking more along the lines that one shouldn't ruin one's Coke with Crown. One should drink good malty Scotch instead.

That given, on my newly found student's life budget, I'll be the one drinking tall boys of Milwaukee's Best tomorrow...gah! Back to being a student in more ways than one! I'm gonna' miss good booze for a while!

I was thinking more along the lines that one shouldn't ruin one's Coke with Crown. One should drink good malty Scotch instead.

That given, on my newly found student's life budget, I'll be the one drinking tall boys of Milwaukee's Best tomorrow...gah! Back to being a student in more ways than one! I'm gonna' miss good booze for a while!

Let me give you a piece of advice, 30 pack of "stones" at brookshire's will only set you back $13 bucks