Dodge's Dog Pound

NT91

um....its been all over campus for the last 2 weeks....you almost have to look away NOT to see them....lol maybe u just were in a place the ad's weren't

Maybe they only promote it in the Nerdatorium and Nerdery and other similar places that nerds hang out. Nerd.

Then you should have attended the Monday night show, or you should have attended the Dog Pound and asked to have some things explained.

Too busy working for a living so I can contribute to hopefully pull my school's football program out of the Bottom 10 and help it afford a respectable stadium. Besides, there is no answer that could properly explain that debacle last weekend.

So did anyone go? How was it?

Small crowd, but very enthusiastic. The Lyceum is not a large facility. I would say a couple hundred students.

But, man...

Coach Dodge is reaching out to these kids in a way DD never did. He sat there on the stage and talked about the team, the game, and answered questions from the crowd. He is passionate about North Texas football, he is passionate about improving the program, and he cares about this school.

Small crowd, but very enthusiastic. The Lyceum is not a large facility. I would say a couple hundred students.

But, man...

Coach Dodge is reaching out to these kids in a way DD never did. He sat there on the stage and talked about the team, the game, and answered questions from the crowd. He is passionate about North Texas football, he is passionate about improving the program, and he cares about this school.

couple of hundred sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully the enthusiasm will spill over to the game and we'll have a rowdy group of students. Dodges Dog Pound coupled with the Victory Hall group could be a nice crowd on the student side.

couple of hundred sounds pretty good to me. Hopefully the enthusiasm will spill over to the game and we'll have a rowdy group of students. Dodges Dog Pound coupled with the Victory Hall group could be a nice crowd on the student side.

Speaking of good crowd on the student side. I got an email from Nick Williams (Green Brigade Director). I had asked him what schools would be bringing their bands to Fouts. He said, as far as he knows, Tulsa is the only the school bringing a band. He's not sure, but he thinks theyre only bringing a "Pep Band", which is a smaller contingent and probably wont do a halftime show. I always like it when a visiting band comes along. Plus since it's Tulsa, I would think they'll bring alot of fans to the game.

But, man...

The Lyceum can't hold but a few hundred kids anyways.

But I agree, DD's best thing for the public was football 101, and that was before the season started, and when it was "safe" to see the fans. I gotta give Dodge props for coming out in the open and still being as emotional about the program even now.

Anyone have a picture of the shirts they were giving out?

I'll try to take one later.

The shirts are Kelly Green, with the swooping eagle and "NORTH TEXAS" on the front. Underneath it says "Dodge's Dog Pound"

On the back it says "MEAN GREEN" at the top, and underneath is the Texas Lottery sponsor logo.

Dodge told the story of the dog pound name:

He tells the team about a little bulldog pup that would stick its nose under the fence where these beautiful bird dogs live. Every time he would look under the fence, the bird dogs would snap and bark and scare the pup. But that little puppy kept coming back, wanting to hang with the big dogs.. and every time he'd get his little butt whooped and run back home.

Until one day the owner of the birddogs came home and found them hiding under the porch. That bulldog pup grew up, got into the yard and those birddogs got their butts whooped.

It's a story of perseverance and Dodge told the students that we're going to be that bull dog.

Edited by UNTflyer