Hurricane Gustav

UNT_playmaker

http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/stormspotli...008&storm=7

Expect the North Texas vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricanes ( the irony I know) to probably be a washout.

Gustav is a big storm and a former category 5 hurricane, with large bands of rain currently.

As soon as this storm hits LA pay close attention to how far it goes into Louisana and also the northeastern track it is predicted to take, if the storm goes NW for a while then makes a turn east the DFW area will get it.

The storm is a slow moving one, and will be even more so as it moves inward, also the system will stall when it becomes a tropical depression/disturbance over Texas. Thus dumping inches and inches of rain, flooding, and some winds. Regardless, DFW will get it's fair share of Gustav.

This especially sucks for avid tailgaters as my self, but I will make it to the game for sure, tailgating plans might be hindered.

More updates throughout the week.....

Don't get too worked up, it is hitting the coast as only a Cat 2 hurricane. By the time it gets here, if it gets here it will be a tropical depression. More importantly it should be gone by Saturday. I know I am not helping the drama, and getting peoples dander up.

Denton

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

NOAA 7-Day Point Forecast: Denton TX

I promised myself not to be critical of how governments handle the Gustav crisis, but I can't hold back any longer.

Why is Gov Rick Perry welcoming 45,000 refugees to Texas? It made sense that refugees would go west during Katrina. Katrina moved to the north and northeast after landfall. What we have now is a different situation which requires a different plan. Gustav appears to be headed towards the DFW metroplex. It is crazy to have refugees moving in the same direction as the path of the hurricane. This time the refugees should go to other states.

I promised myself not to be critical of how governments handle the Gustav crisis, but I can't hold back any longer.

Why is Gov Rick Perry welcoming 45,000 refugees to Texas? It made sense that refugees would go west during Katrina. Katrina moved to the north and northeast after landfall. What we have now is a different situation which requires a different plan. Gustav appears to be headed towards the DFW metroplex. It is crazy to have refugees moving in the same direction as the path of the hurricane. This time the refugees should go to other states.

I thought the same thing... why run away from this but in the same direction the storm is traveling. They should go to the north and east to have the best change of not having to go through it at all. Clear skies are certainly better than rain clouds over head.

Now come on, if you were a refugee would you really want to go to Mississippi or Arkansas? I would take Texas anytime.

Well on a bright side Gusty hit ground as a weakening Cat 2 hurricane which should not do too much damage.

Edited by KingDL1

Don't get too worked up, it is hitting the coast as only a Cat 2 hurricane. By the time it gets here, if it gets here it will be a tropical depression. More importantly it should be gone by Saturday. I know I am not helping the drama, and getting peoples dander up.

Denton

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

<a href="http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?site=fwd&map.x=184&map.y=69" target="_blank">NOAA 7-Day Point Forecast: Denton TX

</a>

I think that's the key thing. By the time tropical weather systems move this far inland, they are usually no more than tropical depressions, and can bring much needed rain, as happened in West Texas in late July of this year. I was in Fort Davis to experience some of that, and other than a less than spectacular star party at McDonald Observatory, it was quite pleasant to experience those summer showers in the beautiful Davis Mountains.

Because there is more places to stay in Texas. When my family began to make preps to leave, they had a ton of trouble getting anything in MS or Bama. But thanks having a welcoming heart for fellow Americans in a time of need.

But thanks having a welcoming heart for fellow Americans in a time of need.

We should do everything we can in a time of need but you also can't ignore the fact that we have had to endure a lot of violent crime, property crime, thefts etc. from past hurricane evacuees. They didn't make it easy to open up for a group hug for the displaced this time around.

Latest track models indicate this sucker will park itself over North Central Texas by midweek. No bueno...

I know, it's so bad that we even have a 20% chance of light showers by Thursday even though Friday and Saturday are forecasted to be clear weather.

And those dreaded Tuesday and Wednesday showers may seriously threaten our beloved watering restrictions.

I hate to see it rain on their fiesta, but it looks like Gustav will be attending the Arkansas State-Texas Southern game on Saturday in Jonesburo.

AL0708W5.gif

Sad, the most excitement that the program has ever had to start a season and they get a tropical depression for the home opener.

ASU should dispatch TSU rather easily, setting up a huge game home game against Southern Miss.

This was an unpredictable storm, who would have thought Missouri was getting a better rain chance than Denton. This storm currently covers several states.

Four days ago when Pete Delkus was saying we could get 4-6 inches, I thought to myself, here we go again with these guys so sure of where this is going to go. At this point, from looking at the radar, we might be lucky to get a trace amount.