Tailgating

Last year was my first as MGC Member. I"m 28 graduated in '04. Prior to last season I always was in the Orange Lot. Last year I picked Blue over green but found myself parking a car in the Blue Lot and paying to tailgate in the Orange Lot.

I absolutely hate the layout. I sort of understand from a traffic point of view why they start the blue lot on one end and the Orange another but it makes it so choppy.

Also as much as I enjoyed Beerman in the past. Tailgating right next to him for 2 games last year was a beating.

I made friends with the Event staff and they became somewhat flexible on letting us "pick a Parking spot" etc in the orange lot

Does anyone else hate the new layout. Especially non-sellout games it makes it look so sparse?

Guest JohnDenver

Last year was my first as MGC Member. I"m 28 graduated in '04. Prior to last season I always was in the Orange Lot. Last year I picked Blue over green but found myself parking a car in the Blue Lot and paying to tailgate in the Orange Lot.

I absolutely hate the layout. I sort of understand from a traffic point of view why they start the blue lot on one end and the Orange another but it makes it so choppy.

Also as much as I enjoyed Beerman in the past. Tailgating right next to him for 2 games last year was a beating.

I made friends with the Event staff and they became somewhat flexible on letting us "pick a Parking spot" etc in the orange lot

Does anyone else hate the new layout. Especially non-sellout games it makes it look so sparse?

Beer man is good for one game. He is good for those fans that only come to homecoming. He is a total whip for the people there every time. The festival parking is terrible... and the handling of the transition was even worse. I am going to start tailgating in the Sack n' Save lot...

When I was renewing I was doing my share of beach'n and was told that last year was a learning experience and that they are reviewing what can be done to improve on the parking.

If "event" parking is here to stay, I would just like to see them at least start next to Blue & MGVillage instead of way out in the boonies.

Something else that is certainly on the horizon are individual parking spots right next to the stadium for those willing to shell out the extra dough.

I just told them I wanted to tailgate, even though I don't know how much I will get to and I had faith, probably foolishly, that they would put me in a good spot. :ermm:

you can tailgate. And there are no assigned spots

MGC gets you a blue or green depending

Just they put the blue people all the way over by the Murchison and the Orange all the way over by the village

Really helps foster a relationship between alumni and students.

Guest JohnDenver

you can tailgate. And there are no assigned spots

MGC gets you a blue or green depending

Just they put the blue people all the way over by the Murchison and the Orange all the way over by the village

Really helps foster a relationship between alumni and students.

Our experiences..

1) Had to park on the butt end of the lot (near Beerman).

2) Donated a lot of extra $$ to get another parking pass, but they wouldn't let me use my second pass as a tailgating spot (because of their requirement that no spaces left between cars). Much fighting ensued. I won.

3) Wouldn't let us setup our tents/chairs/grills until the WHOLE row was filled.. but the row wouldn't have been filled until 4 hours later. More fights happened.

4) 1-3 got to be tiring every week, so I got permission to setup in the grass to tailgate the week before the game. The CSC staff said I couldn't when I showed up for tailgating.. fighting ensued. I won.

5) They wouldn't let me stop my pickup to unload on the grass... then move the truck to the parking spot when done (note, this was at 9AM. No one was there. Not blocking traffic). I won.

6) So the next week they were watering the lawn that we had tailgated on the week before. Had them turn them off.. and tailgated in the mud, which got all my stuff incredible dirty.

Overall, it was a terrible tailgating year. We got no benefit for "showing up early, being loud and staying late."

Had to fight with someone every weekend about doing the most mundane things.. CSC is a terrible security staff. TERRIBLE.

I am very serious when I say that if this year doesn't change back to the good ole days of tailgating, that I will start tailgating in a parking lot somewhere and just walk to the game. I will sit in the non-donation seats too. It is too much of a beating lately.

Our experiences..

2) Donated a lot of extra $$ to get another parking pass, but they wouldn't let me use my second pass as a tailgating spot (because of their requirement that no spaces left between cars). Much fighting ensued. I won.

3) Wouldn't let us setup our tents/chairs/grills until the WHOLE row was filled.. but the row wouldn't have been filled until 4 hours later. More fights happened.

4) 1-3 got to be tiring every week, so I got permission to setup in the grass to tailgate the week before the game. The CSC staff said I couldn't when I showed up for tailgating.. fighting ensued. I won.

5) They wouldn't let me stop my pickup to unload on the grass... then move the truck to the parking spot when done (note, this was at 9AM. No one was there. Not blocking traffic). I won.

6) So the next week they were watering the lawn that we had tailgated on the week before. Had them turn them off.. and tailgated in the mud, which got all my stuff incredible dirty.

Overall, it was a terrible tailgating year. We got no benefit for "showing up early, being loud and staying late."

Had to fight with someone every weekend about doing the most mundane things.. CSC is a terrible security staff. TERRIBLE.

I am very serious when I say that if this year doesn't change back to the good ole days of tailgating, that I will start tailgating in a parking lot somewhere and just walk to the game. I will sit in the non-donation seats too. It is too much of a beating lately.

I had the same situation last year. I had to break open my bottle of crown and wait.

I was there for that and I have to admit it was quite amusing from the outside looking in. I'm glad I wasn't in your shoes.

Our experiences..

I went through the same crap, and won. But like you said each and every game same shit.

We showed at 1 pm and they got mad that we backed in on the second half (what would be the south side of row two) of the first row of parking spots to be by our group, we won. I got in an argument with "said person", I can't describe the stupidity of it all especially since hardly anyone shows up until 4:30 in that lot. The first row did not get filled until 3:30 at several games. Thats just one row with RVs, on the south half of the festival style parking. There is tons more. Did I say that from 11:00 to 4:00 only about 4-5 cars an hour show up for this festival style parking.

I was there for that and I have to admit it was quite amusing from the outside looking in. I'm glad I wasn't in your shoes.

I too remember watching all this go down. It's probably a good thing that the bike cop showed up. I thought he was going to just laugh, but he held it together. Ah, nothing like sitting in the sun and not getting to setup your tent just because someone doesn't know about the 6 P's.

Prior

Planning

Prevents

Piss

Poor

Performance

Our experiences..

JD

Did you steal my game experience from last year?

You summed up my point perfectly. They took all the fun out of it

We would get there early to get some grass or a spillover spot and the end of the row

Much like above we fought and fought and would win out 9 times out of 10. That was in the orange lot.

SO I gave up and just parked in the BLue lot with my pass for 2 games and was so far from the "action" and got my @ss whipped into submission by the beerman

Glad to hear the changes

Maybe they can communicate them before i arrive a 7 for the Tulsa game.

If they don't lets all get there at one time and monopolize a row?

Gabe syas the parking policy will be different this year.

"We are making adjustments to our parking policies to create more options and help alleviate those concerns for our Blue Lot Patrons."

I hope they announce the "adjustments" soon since we are something like 6-1/2 weeks away from our first home game. My group has started making plans, so the sooner we know the better.

Being a Green lot parker the last two seasons, I have not experienced Beerman. What's the deal?

0uUlJLJjwNs

Imagine hours of listening to this guy hack away at songs all ... damn ... afternoon.

0uUlJLJjwNs

Imagine hours of listening to this guy hack away at songs all ... damn ... afternoon.

Why did I click play?????

Lifer stay in green or go Orange, for you sanitys sake. He plays country covers,poorly, and intejects alot of alcohol references. Its seemed louder last year, would play over a radio or TV.

Untfan23 where are you setting up shop. I think we were near you guys last year. DO you all have custom shirts?

Why did I click play?????

Lifer stay in green or go Orange, for you sanitys sake. He plays country covers,poorly, and intejects alot of alcohol references. Its seemed louder last year, would play over a radio or TV.

Untfan23 where are you setting up shop. I think we were near you guys last year. DO you all have custom shirts?

KingDL has the custom shirts. We have the 4 flags over North Texas. :D

Beer man is good for one game. He is good for those fans that only come to homecoming. He is a total whip for the people there every time. The festival parking is terrible... and the handling of the transition was even worse. I am going to start tailgating in the Sack n' Save lot...

Chad, do you know what it would cost to park a trailer in the RV lot? We (my brother in law and me) are seriously considering it.

I emailed the ticket office and got the following update:

"As a Mean Green Club member, your parking pass is good for RVs as well. There is no additional charge."

we brought an rv last year for a game and had no problem using our blue lot pass...no issues whatsoever!