He's my all time favorite stand up comedian.

And, even though I never met him...I know several comics who did...and they all said that he was a great guy. I always heard that he was very supportive of young comics.

He'll be greatly missed.

it's a short list of comedians who stay funny and relevant for 40 years. Amazing career.

EagleD, did everything seem business as usual at the Orleans last weekend?

Yeah, I'd say he was right on. He had a bit he was working on about how popular music today is unoriginal. He needed crib notes for that bit, but other than that it seemed as though he was just riffing. I've seen enough stand up to know he had it pretty much rehearsed, but it came off well. He apologized for the crib notes, but after all he was in his seventies. Even at that age he didn't seem feeble. As I stated earlier it seemed I was his target audience. I can't repeat much of his act. Most of it had to do with thinking for yourself. Oddly enough he had a long bit on the after life, or the absence thereof.

This morning NPR ran an interview with him from a few years back and asked what he'd like people to say about him after he dies. He said, "Oh, George Carlin. I just saw him yesterday." Strangely, for me, that is true.

Next to Bill Hicks, and Chris Rock, he may be the biggest comedic influence on my life.

George, we hardly knew ya. You will be missed.