Another Mean Green Preview

stebo

Guest 97and03

Pasting an entire article word-for-word, and not an excerpt, is a direct violation of copyright law.

I don't want to get into an argument over this, but it would only be an issue if he didn't cite the author and source.

Guest 97and03

Welcome to my ignored-user list.

Wow, all it takes is a stupid post? So pretty much everyone is on your ignored list?

I would imagine that I made it pretty quick...oh wait, I guess that means you aren't reading this in that case...never mind...

Edited by 97and03

First let me say that I am not a lawyer....

That said, attribution, although important, is not the same as having the permission of the copyright holder to republish their information. For example, look at what is written on most of the big sites such as CNN: Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Reuters content may not be stored except for personal, non-commercial use. Republication and redissemination of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

I only point this out because I'd hate to see GMG get in trouble. That would kill my lurking abilities.

I get the feeling that you wrote the article. Sorry dude, I did give everyone the link to your site and many have gone there to look at the Belt previews. Maybe next time just tell it like it is instead of being mean.

I don't know what everybody's problem with dfn06 is--he simply stated what the law said, and apparently, he is correct.

It's the off-season... this is what the board is like this time of year. On the good side, Emmitt has a baby coming, Johnny Quinn is a Green Bay Packer, and the Desparados are winning. There are some good things to talk about, and we will talk about most of those things too. We just have to survive these things.

Personally, I'm glad Stebo (and others) post articles this way. Takes less time to read them, and ANY Mean Green news is important during the non-football months.

Just an opinion...

GMG!!!