New Seating Policy

KingDL1

Higher ticket prices and donation requirements for ticket purchases are part of the deal in big-time collegiate football, and this is just a tiny little baby step toward that.

At Georgia, the 2007 season ticket prices ranged from $250 to $2,000 per seat. But to be able to buy them, you had to have given big money for years. A renewable season ticket could be ordered only by the top donors. Four nonrenewable, one-year season tickets could be ordered only by people who had given $25,000 over the past 40 years, and even then not everybody would get them; your donations just put you in a line, and they might run out before getting to you. Ordering four single-game tickets for the home game with South Carolina was limited to people who had built up $40,000 in donations. Georgia's stadium holds three times as many people (92,746) as Fouts, but even at these prices, it's sold out every game. Yet in enrollment, it's a smaller university than UNT (33,600, compared to 34,268).

Georgia's got a long tradition of football excellence and is in the running for the national championship next year. North Texas is just taking the first tentative steps. I don't think anybody's going to be priced out of attending a North Texas game in some capacity anytime soon, even in the new stadium. But the days when people could spread out on the bleachers and take a nap during another 3-and-out are history.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind the spending the cash...however can they please at least throw us a bone and give us a concrete plan for the new stadium.

Show us the plan, tell us how much the university has and how much they need!!! I think if people see a light at the end of the tunnel the extra cash wont hurt so much

I don't think the general fan is not ready for this kind of jump plain and simple, 2009 I will try like hell to populate our seats but honestly I think we will be down to 8 of the die hards in our group unless we have a great season 2008. But if we go say 4 and 8 man things maybe bad on the old attendance front in 2009 to sit in Fouts.

I don't mind prices going up but these type of jumps are a bit much all at once. And if we were a sell out every week, I could really see this, but honestly I think some of Dodges newness will have worn off by the 2008 season and sales will be down some. If they announce we are joining the BCS then I would expect prices to make these kind of jumps and more.

How much will the average Green fan pay to sit in Fouts Field sections D & F above the break some 50 or more yards from the field?

The first 2 bolds I don't agree with. 50 yd line seats are not supposed to be for the "general" fan. This is why they cost more than other locations in the stadium. Now that enough people want to attend games, they are raising the prices to move general fans to adjoining sections and put the high-rollers in that section. I just don't understand why some people think that section E is a right.

The last bold is just crazy. If we were to join the BCS tickets would be $500 a piece before you even donated to the MGC.

Edited by Cr1028

And I'm saying I don't find it hard to believe that those seats won't sell out. I can think of three seats right off the top of my head, and possibly more that may be up for sale come June. <_<

Rick

With attendance going up and an improved defence on the horizon, those seats are going to go quick. If you have the ability to keep them, then now is the time to protect them. Everyone I know is taking advantage of the rate currently being offered. Mean Green fans are begining to see the big picture and want to be apart of it.

The first 2 bolds I don't agree with. 50 yd line seats are not supposed to be for the "general" fan. This is why they cost more than other locations in the stadium. Now that enough people want to attend games, they are raising the prices to move general fans to adjoining sections and put the high-rollers in that section. I just don't understand why some people think that section E is a right.

The last bold is just crazy. If we were to join the BCS tickets would be $500 a piece before you even donated to the MGC.

Well you know 50 yard line seats are in section E, but D & F are about the 40.

No not all BCS teams are that steep, especially if it is North Texas at Fouts.

We aren't the only ones and it's not just big programs it's the same way across the Sun Belt

Troy Trojans Ticket Prices

Football 2007

Season Tickets:

Stadium Club $100.00 per seat $400.00 TSL Donation per seat

(Sections A-D – Sold Out - Waiting List only)

Chair Back $100.00 per seat $150.00 TSL Donation per seat

(Sections 208-214)

Bench Back $100.00 per seat $50.00 TSL Donation per seat

(Sections 106-110)

SEASON TICKETS

Season tickets for the 2008 FAU football season:

Owl Club Sideline $108 (plus $50 priority seat fee per seat)

I could only find the brochure for Arkansas State but Priority seats are $120 for season tickets and your donation must match the ticket price.

It doesn't matter where you go you've gotta pay for the right to buy your tickets now days. Just ask Jerry Jones.

We aren't the only ones and it's not just big programs it's the same way across the Sun Belt

Troy Trojans Ticket Prices

Football 2007

Season Tickets:

Stadium Club $100.00 per seat $400.00 TSL Donation per seat

(Sections A-D – Sold Out - Waiting List only)

Chair Back $100.00 per seat $150.00 TSL Donation per seat

(Sections 208-214)

Bench Back $100.00 per seat $50.00 TSL Donation per seat

(Sections 106-110)

SEASON TICKETS

Season tickets for the 2008 FAU football season:

Owl Club Sideline $108 (plus $50 priority seat fee per seat)

I could only find the brochure for Arkansas State but Priority seats are $120 for season tickets and your donation must match the ticket price.

It doesn't matter where you go you've gotta pay for the right to buy your tickets now days. Just ask Jerry Jones.

Nice Research. From the looks of it last year D & F were pretty full. Sounds to me like the AD is just trying to make you pay to keep your seats. Its something that had to be done eventually. As demand continues to rise you will be happy they did this. Either that or you will be complaining how you got booted into C or B, either way the AD loses. They can't please everyone I guess. My advice is to suck it up, pay the donation and keep your seats. Be nice to have some seniority if and when a new stadium comes along.

Have you ever seen a plan before that penalizes you for buying more?

Anyone that has sit with me or buys tickets in our group knows that we try like hell to get butts in the stands. I always have extra and try to share, but this goes into affect I won't be able to afford it.

Last year we purchased as a group 20 tickets plus a 250 donation, I eat 6 - 8 of those seats usually. Now if we break it up into 5 groups of 4 the donation level is only $1250.00 but if I buy them as a group it is going to be $5000.00 for the Donation level. Shouldn't they sell out the stadium before they raise the cost 400%? I not worried about this year we will get the order in before the April deadline but man we batter start wining or this will have an serious impact on a already low fan base.

$250 donation = Up to 4 season tickets

$500 donation = Up to 6 season tickets

$1,000 donation = Up to 8 season tickets

$1,500 donation = Up to 12 season tickets

$2,500 donation = Up to 16 season tickets

$5,000 donation = Up to 20 season tickets

Don't be such a cheap ass. A case like yours is probably isolated. This doesn't really affect the 2-4 seat people that much. If you want to occupy an ENTIRE ROW, you shoudl have to pay for it.

Don't be such a cheap ass. A case like yours is probably isolated. This doesn't really affect the 2-4 seat people that much. If you want to occupy an ENTIRE ROW, you shoudl have to pay for it.

Well if it is a cheap ass to drag every person I can talk into coming to a UNT game, too see if I can hook them on on the UNT experience, with my tickets to put butts in the seats I guess I am one hell of a cheap ass. Maybe I just get the four of us die hards and pay $650.00 in 2009 and see how the D & F fill up. Not to say if the place is sold out not to bring the prices up, but damn from $1600 to $7000 is a bit much in two years for a stadium not sold out.

Basically my salary is not meeting this inflation.

The seats my group hogged, I bought 8 or 9 of the 20 seats we had this year.

Edited by KingDL1

Well if it is a cheap ass to drag every person I can talk into coming to a UNT game, too see if I can hook them on on the UNT experience, with my tickets to put butts in the seats I guess I am one hell of a cheap ass. Maybe I just get the four of us die hards and pay $650.00 in 2009 and see how the D & F fill up. Not to say if the place is sold out not bring the prices up, but damn from $1600 to $7000 is a bit much in two years for a stadium not sold out.

I don't think you'll have to worry. They will fill up just fine. Now if you're interested in filling a section, A could always use some help.

Calling a person who's been responsible for basically filling a large percentage of an entire section all by himself, even during the leanest of years a cheap ass?

I wished he had more cheap asses like that.

Rick

If you are eating 8 tickets, then you really only need 12 tickets. Have each of the twelve people pay 125 dollars and you are in like Flint.

If you are eating 8 tickets, then you really only need 12 tickets. Have each of the twelve people pay 125 dollars and you are in like Flint.

Two things I have been bringing old alumni guests out to help out attendance and to try to get them involved, and for some reason people on here have suddenly become happy about the crazy large crowds. Except I have yet to see Section D completely full I have seen it around 85% at a big game and maybe it is full with the rest at the deck. I know several that never go to their seats in Sections D, E, & F they just sit on the deck and drink.

The other is 12 seats will cost $1200 for the seats and $1500 for the donation so it will now be $225 per seat. I would be pretty happy about $125. This all started when MeanGreenDoc talked me in to buying season tickets with him for the 2002 season, we asked all our friends and got a group together of 15 seats, then everybody got into the tailgating several of us were high off the Bowl trip that year we rounded up 26 seats worth of people for 2003. But the reality of Dickey ball set in to several and our group dropped back to 18. Which I supplemented for the last three years we lost some and picked up some in the process. Our group started to grow again last year so I brought the seats back to 20 and bought a couple of the poor student type guys their seats and kept 6 that were not spoken for that we managed to keep full all season. But my goal was to have all the seats filled and paid for when we started really winning again. But those being cocky about our attendance should know several I have met in the stands and at tailgating that buy 4, 6 , 8 so they can bring there friends and wifes once in a while. I think the guys that buy extra seats and the guys that sit on the deck will figure out different combinations that result in fewer tickets sold due to this inflation. I am not sure how any Mean Green fan can be cocky about attendance yet. I do hope that day does come.

Two things I have been bringing old alumni guests out to help out attendance and to try to get them involved, and for some reason people on here have suddenly become happy about the crazy large crowds. Except I have yet to see Section D completely full I have seen it around 85% at a big game and maybe it is full with the rest at the deck. I know several that never go to their seats in Sections D, E, & F they just sit on the deck and drink.

The other is 12 seats will cost $1200 for the seats and $1500 for the donation so it will now be $225 per seat. I would be pretty happy about $125. This all started when MeanGreenDoc talked me in to buying season tickets with him for the 2002 season, we asked all our friends and got a group together of 15 seats, then everybody got into the tailgating several of us were high off the Bowl trip that year we rounded up 26 seats worth of people for 2003. But the reality of Dickey ball set in to several and our group dropped back to 18. Which I supplemented for the last three years we lost some and picked up some in the process. Our group started to grow again last year so I brought the seats back to 20 and bought a couple of the poor student type guys their seats and kept 6 that were not spoken for that we managed to keep full all season. But my goal was to have all the seats filled and paid for when we started really winning again. But those being cocky about our attendance should know several I have met in the stands and at tailgating that buy 4, 6 , 8 so they can bring there friends and wifes once in a while. I think the guys that buy extra seats and the guys that sit on the deck will figure out different combinations that result in fewer tickets sold due to this inflation. I am not sure how any Mean Green fan can be cocky about attendance yet. I do hope that day does come.

$225 per ticket/5 home games.

$45 A GAME!!!!!!!!!! Cheaper than any sporting event season ticket you will ever find with a parking pass and donor privileges. Behind Mean Green Hoops that is.

$45 A GAME!!!!!!!!!! Cheaper than any sporting event season ticket you will ever find with a parking pass and donor privileges. Behind Mean Green Hoops that is.

Not sure that makes the price jump justified, I usually like a little foreplay before I get bent-over. Is that what you mean by "donor privileges"? Because I am not sure what that means, a $250 donation gets you one parking pass with the Parking Nazis in the blue lot, and one pass to the deck, and a souvenir gift? But wait you said parking pass separate of donation privileges so maybe there is something I missed. We do make one donation a year also.

Two years ago there were something like 2000 season tickets sold, please correct my number it is off the top of my head, but I would think for those few that stuck it out they might consider a longer phase-in period. With a gentler scale over 5 years or so, this surge of new season ticket holders they must expect can pay the new plan.

And it seems no-one is worried that after 3 seasons with a total of what 7 wins this new pricing structure might scare off a good chunk of our lukewarm fan base?

Well if it is a cheap ass to drag every person I can talk into coming to a UNT game, too see if I can hook them on on the UNT experience, with my tickets to put butts in the seats I guess I am one hell of a cheap ass. Maybe I just get the four of us die hards and pay $650.00 in 2009 and see how the D & F fill up. Not to say if the place is sold out not bring the prices up, but damn from $1600 to $7000 is a bit much in two years for a stadium not sold out.

I for one, applaud what you do in buying extra seats and then inviting others to come in hopes that they will become fans - if half of us did that, we might just fill up the stadium. I am in total agreement with your argument. I have said for years that our AD really isn't focused on getting more people out to the games, as they are in getting the main sections filled with larger amount of money charged. If was really all about getting more people from Denton and the surrounding areas they could do so much more. I have never quite understood the idea of charging more for tickets for long time buyers instead of giving them a break and lowering some of those seats that don't ever seem to sell - if they charged $1 per person for the endzone tickets, imagine how much drinks and food those people would buy. But they will never do that.

Yes, I agree that not only is it a great price now, it could become even better with six and maybe seven home games. We have to hang in there.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Looking at it from another perspective.

We need to increase our per game revenue for two reasons: 1) to meet increased guarantees so that better known opponents come to Fouts/new stadium and 2) to help form a part of the base to issue stadium bonds.

It is highly unlikely that the stadium will be totally subscribed before construction begins. Even if large donors are found they will likely make annual payments to reach their total. In order for stadium bonds to be issued there must be a plan for paying. The funds must come from something established, i.e. has relieability as a steady source of income. For example we have pledges of $5 million per year from corporations and individuals, $2 million from student fees and $1 million from season ticket sales. We could structure a package for redemption and begin construction right away. If we can actually collect $1.5 million in season ticket sales then we might use the extra $500K to guarantee a Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Houston, etc.

One factor is that they'd rather have 3,000 alumni buying 6,000 seats than 1,000 buying those same 6,000 seats becauee if one goes away then 18 seats go with him/her.

I really don't think that it's too much to ask to hopefully get a new stadium and known, more local opponents. Due to a heavy tax load ths year it's going to be tough for me to pay and extra $710 but I'm sure going to try. If not, I'll get out of the way and let someone have my seats and I'll move to cheaper seats. After all, there are some $70 season tickets with no donation required.

A couple of comments about this thread...

1st of all UNT is a BCS team just not an automatic qualifier. In fact UNT probably has a better chance of going to a BCS bowl then baylor.

2nd this is a very reasonable program. It does not say that you cannot buy 50 tickets. They are mearly putting a cap on how many "premium seats" you get with each level of donation. For 1 person to join at the $250 level then buy 12 tickets means that you pay a 1 time fee of $20.83 premium per seat for the entire season. WOW. That "premium" seat should be worth more to you then $20.83 per season.

3rd Those families with 3 children who need 5 tickets will most likely be able to talk to the ticket office to get that extra ticket. It the children are small they will probably tell you to buy an extra ticket in a "non premium" location but have the children squeeze into 2 seats. If you are talking HS age then you may have to split the family for the game but in reality you will be able to sit together in your premium section for all but maybe 1 game.

4th the fact that they are doing this means that they are expecting more season tickets holders in the upcoming years.