$10,000 donation = 20 season tickets:::Per ticket price =

Sections D & F

$250 donation = 4 season tickets:::Per season ticket price = $162.50

$500 donation = 6 season tickets:::Per season ticket price = $183.33

$1,000 donation = 8 season tickets:::Per season ticket price = $225.00

$1,500 donation = 12 season tickets:::Per season ticket price = $225.00

$2,500 donation = 16 season tickets:::Per season ticket price = $256.25

$5,000 donation = 20 season tickets:::Per season ticket price = $350.00

This is crap no other way around it! You are paying more then twice the price per season ticket if you buy 20 tickets then you do when you buy 4 tickets.

So you get heavily penalized for buying more seats, see how this works for the fan-base. I guess in 2009 our seats will be free.

NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL

2008 PRIORITY SEATING TICKET POLICY

Edited by KingDL1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still a numbers game. What if the limit wasn't in place and I wanted to drop $250 to the MGC and buy every seat in the section? The loss in revenue is huge.

I don't know what the demand is for these seats in D through F, but the goal is to add members to the MGC and fill these seats. Something had to be done. I don't think your situation is very unique, someone buying 20 tickets, but the family of 5 is going to be pissed.

It is still a numbers game. What if the limit wasn't in place and I wanted to drop $250 to the MGC and buy every seat in the section? The loss in revenue is huge.

I don't know what the demand is for these seats in D through F, but the goal is to add members to the MGC and fill these seats. Something had to be done. I don't think your situation is very unique, someone buying 20 tickets, but the family of 5 is going to be pissed.

Lifer that is not the problem the math is curved!

The more you buy the more the seats cost, I am fine with a $250 donation per 4 seats, but if you want 7-8 seats you donation level is raised to $1000 plus the seats not a linear $500 donation. So you are not rewarded by buying more seats

The more you buy the more the seats cost, I am fine with a $250 donation per 4 seats, but if you want 7-8 seats you donation level is raised to $1000 plus the seats not a linear $500 donation. So you are not rewarded by buying more seats

No, I understand your concern. It is a double edges sword. If they allow people to buy up blocks of tickets, then they could be displacing others that want to buy in one of these sections. The system discourages this. Now, if they don't fill up these sections, well that's the other side of the sword. Hope I'm being clear.

Anyway, I understand your point and sympathize with it, but I also understand what they are attempting to do.

BTW, I think what you have done in the past is awesome. Not many folks purchase season tickets and hope to attract enough to fill their seats. I appreciate your committment.

I guess where I really disagree with the move is that we are not close to selling out our games. Would be different if that were the case.

I've had season tickets in the Letterman's section and they are the same price with the same committment level they were last year, but up to only 4 tickets. More than 4 tickets and I pay full price. Seems like they want me to take care of me and my family and that's all, at the discounted price. I'm in. I will also do a MGC donation.

I think that may be the plan, for the premium sections anyway, to discourage "quantity or block" buying. However, in the endzone or cheap seats at many venues "quantity buying" is encouraged and discounts offered to do so.

Many teams, even my old high school, limits a quantity one person can purchase on premium season tickets (4). Perhaps John Smith can buy seats 1-4, and Mrs. John Smith have her own account for seats 5-8, then John Smith Jr seats 9-12, etc?

Edited by NT80

Did you all read this:

FUTURE PLANS

+ All season ticket accounts in sections D & F will be required to meet the new donation levels to retain their seating in sections D & F for the 2009 football season.

+ Season tickets in areas outside of sections D, E, & F will not require a Mean Green Club donation for 2008. Additional sections are a component of future plans for season ticket priority, and will be addressed on a year to year basis.

Oh well we have had our seats for 7 years, I guess nothing is forever.

Did you all read this:

FUTURE PLANS

+ All season ticket accounts in sections D & F will be required to meet the new donation levels to retain their seating in sections D & F for the 2009 football season.

+ Season tickets in areas outside of sections D, E, & F will not require a Mean Green Club donation for 2008. Additional sections are a component of future plans for season ticket priority, and will be addressed on a year to year basis.

Oh well we have had our seats for 7 years, I guess nothing is forever.

With a new stadium the whole ticket committment will be a shuffle!

Edited by GreenExes

The math is funny. Yes, at the maximum number of tickets per level, you are paying twice as much per ticket.

But compare 20 tickets vs 1. They both come out to $350/ seat.

Nine tickets ($267) is higher than 16 seats ($256).

Your best value is 4 tickets ($163) and the worst is 17 tickets ($394)

Edited by UNTflyer

I do want to win in Fouts now, before we move to Disney on the Golf Course :P

I just read UT's season ticket policy and it is very expensive. Twenty seats would require a 15,000 dollar donation for a seat with a chair back. Twenty seats in the club area would be a 40,000 dollar donation. If you want the best location, then you are going to have to go to the bank.

We have all seen changes at NT athletics. We may not like all of them, but we are moving forward. This is going to be a long process and change is work. The athletic program is working very hard to make this come true. Let's support them and make this an enjoyable experience.

I just read UT's season ticket policy and it is very expensive. Twenty seats would require a 15,000 dollar donation for a seat with a chair back. Twenty seats in the club area would be a 40,000 dollar donation. If you want the best location, then you are going to have to go to the bank.

Top 10 program is a whole different ballgame - they sell out nearly if not all of their games.

The math is funny. Yes, at the maximum number of tickets per level, you are paying twice as much per ticket.

But compare 20 tickets vs 1. They both come out to $350/ seat.

Nine tickets ($267) is higher than 16 seats ($256).

Your best value is 4 tickets ($163) and the worst is 17 tickets ($394)

Last year a single seat was $80.00 next year it is $350 that is 437.5% increase in two years or actually this year if you did not have a preexisting season ticket, does anyone think this will not impact the average fan at Fouts. And I expect that in the new stadium that will at least double so a single seat could cost as much as $700 for a single seat. Man for that kind of money we had better be playing in the top 25 and sold out.

My option is they are about to out-price themselves, and no I don't think people will shift. I think they will get PO'ed that they raised their seat cost that much in such a short time. When I did the chart there were lots of two seat groups in D & F those seats were a grand total of $160.00 last year and now those same seats will cost $450. There were a couple of groups of 6 in these sections and as a group the cost was $480 now going up to $1100. I think a more gradual increase would be wise.

I just wish my boss would give me a 437.5% raise to help with inflation.

There is a phase-in period. Pay by the early renewal deadline and those new rules don't apply.

Sure on preexisting seats this year if you purchase before April 12th, not next, so from last year to next year there is upward of a 400% increase in two years and it is in affect this year on any new seats.

Is our attendance and fan-base really that strong? I would expect a much longer migration period.

The math isn't flawed. It is like a tax bracket structure. Those that make/want more shall pay more. This isn't to discourage attendance, it is to discourage a monopoly on seats in the best sections of the stadium. 20 seats in section C? $2000. I don't think Mandy wants the "average fan" in her sections anymore without putting up above average dollars.

Although it is admirable to bring extra to the game to boost attendance, have you ever noticed at other sporting events they put them in the most economical seating areas? You can beat the system, you can get your buddies to go in there and buy your tickets in 5 seperate purchases or you can pay full boat and get extra priority points.

Does section E sell out?

Answered my own question and yours. Supply and demand, when demand exceeds supply, prices rise. Give out free tix in the poorer sections.

From what I heard today, section E..sold out with season tickets and the $500 MGC membership requirement, Now I understand section D is almost sold out with season ticket holders , it looks like the stands are going to be full this season. Heard we expect the Navy game to be a sell out and that is with tickets @ $25 each. As mentioned earlier on this board Navy exes are really going all out to sell tickets to see Navy play NT.

Then we find out that NT will be on TV for 4 road games starting with the OU game. What a difference a change in coaches to one who believes publicity is part of his responsibility and goes to all the civic club selling NT football, has generated.

Edited by Cr1028

The math isn't flawed. It is like a tax bracket structure. Those that make/want more shall pay more. This isn't to discourage attendance, it is to discourage a monopoly on seats in the best sections of the stadium. 20 seats in section C? $2000. I don't think Mandy wants the "average fan" in her sections anymore without putting up above average dollars.

Although it is admirable to bring extra to the game to boost attendance, have you ever noticed at other sporting events they put them in the most economical seating areas? You can beat the system, you can get your buddies to go in there and buy your tickets in 5 seperate purchases or you can pay full boat and get extra priority points.

Does section E sell out?

Answered my own question and yours. Supply and demand, when demand exceeds supply, prices rise. Give out free tix in the poorer sections.

The problem is the seats were $80 each last year next year they will be, if the ticket price does not change, $163 each even at that, plus several of my group are relatively poor and if they don't sit with us they won't come. Now we did buy one MGC membership but all we used was the parking spot and remember it was not required. And getting those 5 guys together to purchase is pretty hard to do also. That is why we ended up buying them as a group in the first place, at one time we had 26, but people lost interest in Dickey Ball. I just think until we start selling out this kind of program is uncalled for and can cause more damage then good. I would like those who have been buying tickets for going on a decade and more should get some credit or grand father clause. I can see new people coming in hogging all the seats when we get to the top 25. But damn I think this may very well backfire unless we go bowl-bound this coming season.

The sell out is based on what was sold last year they are counting on all season ticket holders to renew their seats which may or may not happen. It is kind of premature to say E is sold out and D is almost sold out when the season ticket holders have until next summer to renew and April 12th to get the early bird special that really is not that special just last year's prices.

One other thing section D & F have higher ticket prices to begin with.

By the way I am for a flat tax plan.

Edited by KingDL1

The sell out is based on what was sold last year they are counting on all season ticket holders to renew their seats which may or may not happen. It is kind of premature to say E is sold out and D is almost sold out when the season ticket holders have until next summer to renew and April 12th to get the early bird special that really is not that special just last year's prices.

That was a quote from last year. Most likely ticket sales will be as good or better.

With our highest average attendance in several years this, one of the best recruiting classes in recent memory coming in, and the comeback of Deloach, I find it very hard to believe section E will not sell out and D will probably also.

What if a family of four is willing to spend the money on tickets and donations to get seats in section E but none are available because you bought 16 "extra"? I like what they are doing. Prime real estate should cost more.

Last year a single seat was $80.00 next year it is $350 that is 437.5% increase in two years or actually this year if you did not have a preexisting season ticket, does anyone think this will not impact the average fan at Fouts. And I expect that in the new stadium that will at least double so a single seat could cost as much as $700 for a single seat. Man for that kind of money we had better be playing in the top 25 and sold out.

try an $850 donation and $300 per ticket

I don't think the general fan is not ready for this kind of jump plain and simple, 2009 I will try like hell to populate our seats but honestly I think we will be down to 8 of the die hards in our group unless we have a great season 2008. But if we go say 4 and 8 man things maybe bad on the old attendance front in 2009 to sit in Fouts.

I don't mind prices going up but these type of jumps are a bit much all at once. And if we were a sell out every week, I could really see this, but honestly I think some of Dodges newness will have worn off by the 2008 season and sales will be down some. If they announce we are joining the BCS then I would expect prices to make these kind of jumps and more.

How much will the average Green fan pay to sit in Fouts Field sections D & F above the break some 50 or more yards from the field?