New Seating Policy

KingDL1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of comments about this thread...

1st of all UNT is a BCS team just not an automatic qualifier. In fact UNT probably has a better chance of going to a BCS bowl then baylor.

2nd this is a very reasonable program. It does not say that you cannot buy 50 tickets. They are mearly putting a cap on how many "premium seats" you get with each level of donation. For 1 person to join at the $250 level then buy 12 tickets means that you pay a 1 time fee of $20.83 premium per seat for the entire season. WOW. That "premium" seat should be worth more to you then $20.83 per season.

3rd Those families with 3 children who need 5 tickets will most likely be able to talk to the ticket office to get that extra ticket. It the children are small they will probably tell you to buy an extra ticket in a "non premium" location but have the children squeeze into 2 seats. If you are talking HS age then you may have to split the family for the game but in reality you will be able to sit together in your premium section for all but maybe 1 game.

4th the fact that they are doing this means that they are expecting more season tickets holders in the upcoming years.

Did you really say premium seats at Fouts?

I am not the sole purchaser in my group, we have always done it as one because it was easier to take care of, and if that is still an option it will be good, and as far as I know the whole history of Fouts until last year no donation was necessary to buy season tickets. And I am not a fat cat trying to dominate Fouts, I enjoy being in a group of friends. This will undoubtedly break my group up in 2009. I am a bit POed about it.

I am not sure where you get $20.83 from but the ticket themselves cost $100.00 each plus next year's mandatory donation level for returning season ticket holders or this years new purchasers.

I think I would see this differently if we were selling out every game and the Stands were actually packed, and I mean truly packed which I have never seen even at the Baylor game. But how many total Season tickets were sold last year? I mean we are not even close to full if I remember right it was like 3600 (I could be wrong)? Are all those season tickets on the Alumni side? Will we have that many this year?

In 2002 our seats cost $60 each in 2008 they cost $100 each next year they will cost us $350.00 each and even if you are buying only 4 in section D the best rate next year it will still be $162.50. (Buy the way that is a 62.5% increase in one year and just over a FULL 100% increase in two years.) I hope we have a bunch of new wealthy fans I don't know about coming, because I have not seen them yet. I really wonder who is going to buy these seats next year, especially if we have a mediocre season in 2008.

We will figure it out, just concerned that we will lose attendance.

Edited by KingDL1

1st of all UNT is a BCS team just not an automatic qualifier. In fact UNT probably has a better chance of going to a BCS bowl then baylor.

One other question, when did we get in the BCS?

Or do you mean FBS?

I know I am slow, but I may need this explained to me. But damn if we are in the BCS "Show me the Money".

Or do you mean FBS?

I know I am slow, but I may need this explained to me. But damn if we are in the BCS "Show me the Money".

No the BCS is made up of...... never mind check out this link

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/conferences

Also the "premium" fee that I was referring to is 250 divided by 12. In your case it is 250 divided by 20 or $12.50 per seat. That is the yearly premium you pay per seat for the right to have a better seat then say the endzone. Yes you still have to pay the ticket price for the seat. At least your administration is thinking that UNT is on the verge of having a good football product to sell.

Looking at it from another perspective.

We need to increase our per game revenue for two reasons: 1) to meet increased guarantees so that better known opponents come to Fouts/new stadium and 2) to help form a part of the base to issue stadium bonds.

It is highly unlikely that the stadium will be totally subscribed before construction begins. Even if large donors are found they will likely make annual payments to reach their total. In order for stadium bonds to be issued there must be a plan for paying. The funds must come from something established, i.e. has relieability as a steady source of income. For example we have pledges of $5 million per year from corporations and individuals, $2 million from student fees and $1 million from season ticket sales. We could structure a package for redemption and begin construction right away. If we can actually collect $1.5 million in season ticket sales then we might use the extra $500K to guarantee a Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Houston, etc.

One factor is that they'd rather have 3,000 alumni buying 6,000 seats than 1,000 buying those same 6,000 seats becauee if one goes away then 18 seats go with him/her.

I really don't think that it's too much to ask to hopefully get a new stadium and known, more local opponents. Due to a heavy tax load ths year it's going to be tough for me to pay and extra $710 but I'm sure going to try. If not, I'll get out of the way and let someone have my seats and I'll move to cheaper seats. After all, there are some $70 season tickets with no donation required.

To me, this scenario makes sense and I would think would quiet just about everyone if true. IF this is the reasoning behind the change, though, why not include this in the mailer that all season ticket holders receive---or just the Mean Green Club members? Why not try to communicate this in order to not tick off a few folks?

To me, I'm in regardless and I think most on here are. I'm also not super sensitive about every move the AD makes....BUT some are (not calling out KingDL1 here as his situation is pretty unique). Maybe there is no good way to raise ticket prices? But IF this is the reasoning, and the AD could have avoided raising the kind of stink we're seeing here on the board, then this just looks like another example of open communication between the stakeholders and the AD lacking at UNT.

No the BCS is made up of...... never mind check out this link

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/conferences

Also the "premium" fee that I was referring to is 250 divided by 12. In your case it is 250 divided by 20 or $12.50 per seat. That is the yearly premium you pay per seat for the right to have a better seat then say the endzone. Yes you still have to pay the ticket price for the seat. At least your administration is thinking that UNT is on the verge of having a good football product to sell.

Actually that is what we have always done, it just was not mandated.

But for the 20 seats the required donation going into effect is $5000.00 for D & F and $10,000.00 for E, so for us it will be $250 per seat for the right to purchase.

I do agree with TIgreen01.

I still would not call us the BCS until we are in a BCS conference.

Or do you mean FBS?

I have sure been wrong before, and may also be now, but I thought we were considered D1 or whatever the new name is, but not BCS unless we were in a BCS conference. I sure don't consider Hawaii a BCS school.

I have sure been wrong before, and may also be now, but I thought we were considered D1 or whatever the new name is, but not BCS unless we were in a BCS conference. I sure don't consider Hawaii a BCS school.

Did you follow the link above? If Hawaii is not a BCS school then how did they play in a BCS bowl game? Just because you are not an automatic qualiferf does not mean that you are not a BCS team.

As clarified above, we are a BCS school - and part of a BCS conference - but do not have an automatic bid (Think "The Big 6": Big X, Big XII, ACC, SEC, PAC10, and Big East)

All FBS schools (Formerly called D-1A) are BCS schools and could get an at-large bid such as Hawaii last season and Boise St in the previous season.

The way I remember it?

FBS = Football Bowl Subdivision. Formerly D1-A, these are the teams that go to a BOWL.

FCS = Football Championship Subdivision. Formerly D1-AA, these are teams that play in the playoffs thus determining a true CHAMPION.

That's the way I think it, and I'm sticking to it. I hope it doesn't confuse some of you even more!

Edited by greenminer

Guest JohnDenver

If there aren't "premium" seats then why do you spend so much time whining about price increases instead of moving a couple sections over and not having to fuss over it?

Ummm.. I think it was a joke.

Have you ever seen a plan before that penalizes you for buying more?

Anyone that has sit with me or buys tickets in our group knows that we try like hell to get butts in the stands. I always have extra and try to share, but this goes into affect I won't be able to afford it.

Last year we purchased as a group 20 tickets plus a 250 donation, I eat 6 - 8 of those seats usually. Now if we break it up into 5 groups of 4 the donation level is only $1250.00 but if I buy them as a group it is going to be $5000.00 for the Donation level. Shouldn't they sell out the stadium before they raise the cost 400%? I not worried about this year we will get the order in before the April deadline but man we batter start wining or this will have an serious impact on a already low fan base.

$250 donation = Up to 4 season tickets

$500 donation = Up to 6 season tickets

$1,000 donation = Up to 8 season tickets

$1,500 donation = Up to 12 season tickets

$2,500 donation = Up to 16 season tickets

$5,000 donation = Up to 20 season tickets

Why not do what you suggested and break them into the 5 groups and request that all the seats be together in the same area. The ticket office will do that for you. You say you are eating some number of tickets each game, but is there a core set (besides you) that come to every game and are ready to take their committment to the next level? We need more Mean Green Club members too.

Keith

i dont see why everyone makes such a big deal about sitting in section E...as a student on the other side...i sat in diffent section on the student side both close to the 50 and over by the 10 and the view of the game was not much diffrent....if your mad about the price in e then go sit in A....its really not that big of a diffrence! :)

i dont see why everyone makes such a big deal about sitting in section E...as a student on the other side...i sat in diffent section on the student side both close to the 50 and over by the 10 and the view of the game was not much diffrent....if your mad about the price in e then go sit in A....its really not that big of a diffrence! :)

I agree. I will sit over in the student section and enjoy the atmosphere. The sun is killer but still a lot of fun with your buddies. Hangin with the belly button chicks is not too bad, either.