Interesting Stadium Expansion Video For James Madison U

NT80

I'd prefer large single-level seating, but this is a nice quality video illustration for 1-AA JMU's proposed stadium re-do with decks.....

from the SBC board (looks larger than 30K):

posted by ManzanoWolf

» I think it is designed to seat 30K plus when all three phases are

» complete. Initially, it will seat less.

Expanding Bridgeworth Stadium

JMU says it's not looking to become a Division I-A school with a proposed $52-million expansion to Bridgeforth Stadium. Phase one will add 9,000 seats, which will bring the total to 24,878.

The General Assembly must approve the project, although state funds would not be used to pay for it.

The university has had sold out games for the past three years. University spokesman Don Egle says the project addresses seating and other space needs 40 years down the road.

"The University has repeatedly said we're interested in becoming the best 1AA program, football program, out there," says Egle. "We're interested in winning consecutive championships. We're interested in doing what Appalachian State has done."

The university already has $12 million for the project. An additional $10 million will come from private donors, $4 million from student fees and the rest from ticket sales and concessions.

Edited by NT80

I'd prefer large single-level seating, but this is a nice quality video illustration for 1-AA JMU's proposed stadium re-do with decks.....

from the SBC board (looks larger than 30K):

posted by ManzanoWolf

» I think it is designed to seat 30K plus when all three phases are

» complete. Initially, it will seat less.

Expanding Bridgeworth Stadium

JMU says it's not looking to become a Division I-A school with a proposed $52-million expansion to Bridgeforth Stadium. Phase one will add 9,000 seats, which will bring the total to 24,878.

The General Assembly must approve the project, although state funds would not be used to pay for it.

The university has had sold out games for the past three years. University spokesman Don Egle says the project addresses seating and other space needs 40 years down the road.

"The University has repeatedly said we're interested in becoming the best 1AA program, football program, out there," says Egle. "We're interested in winning consecutive championships. We're interested in doing what Appalachian State has done."

The university already has $12 million for the project. An additional $10 million will come from private donors, $4 million from student fees and the rest from ticket sales and concessions.

Those people have no clue about how to get a stadium built. What they should be doing is ......they should be in about the 6th year of a sort of secretive, quiet phase. They should not have that video available for fans to see either. That video should kept in the AD's office, and only shown to as few a fans, as possible. Good luck JMU...trying to do it YOUR way.

Edited by SUMG

Those people have no clue about how to get a stadium built. What they should be doing is ......they should be in about the 6th year of a sort of secretive, quiet phase. They should not have that video available for fans to see either. That video should kept in the AD's office, and only shown to as few a fans, as possible. Good luck JMU...trying to do it YOUR way.

Shut up and enjoy your tailgating. Keep complaining and I'll take it away.

Don't make me call your boss, you rabblerouser.

When will you be sending this year's check?

You don't know what you're talking about. Big news is just around the corner...no, not that corner, the next one.

Guest 97and03

The stadium looks good, but I just prefer to dress down a little more for football games. Their dress code in the new stadium looks too formal for me.

Edited by 97and03