Cowboys Uber-merged Thread

This is not a Mean Green Football post.

The loser Cowboys don't even have a mean green player on the roster. If they did, they might have won.

F the cowboys and Jerry Jones and all of their loser band wagon fans.

Born and bread. Have always said the Cowboys fans are whiners and always will. This just proves my point!

You didn't prove anything except the fact that you are a loser who supports the Washington Redskins, your coach resigned because he couldnt do anything with pieces of shit that he had on his team.

You should be BANNED from our message board......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a serious post?

The Cowboy's as a team (minus Barber and Romo) played horribly. I don't know if it was the week off or what, but the o-line was a disaster in the second half and the guy with the "best hands" on the team dropped 2 big passes. Add to that more than a handful of inopportune penalties against an UNDERRATED team, you have all the makings of an upset.

Give me a break on the fire the coach nonsense. Sometimes you just lose a game to a better team.

Patrick Crayton?

Garret is as overrated as Romo is. Horrible play calling by teh offense, IMO. There's enough blame to go around but it all starts at the QB.

Actually, I think more of the blame goes to Special Teams, Jacques Reeves, and a coach who failed to see or solve that Jacques Reeves is the worst DB in the NFL. Everybody knows the secret to beating the Cowboys is getting in 3 receivers and throwing on Reeves. And the Giants were helped out by getting the ball in great field position thanks to a terrible performance by Special Teams.

Romo gets plenty of blame for turning into a slug in the 2nd half, but the primary problems in this game were with penalties, special teams, and Reeves.

Doesn't really look like the Cowboys had any business being in the playoffs either than right ?? Let's be honest here , did they Cowboys perform any better versus the Giants ??

What? The Cowboys lost by 4, not 21.

After living through the mavs last year this is a piece of cake. It was a fun ride. The cowboys were lucky to win 13 and I personally felt they were not 13-3 good. They were a paper tiger that finally got exposed tonight. Oh well, there are only 2 losses of such magnitude that is shakes the core of this Mean Green/DFW fan:

1. 1988 in Austin

2. Golden State

I was in Staples Center last night and watched the Mavs win a game they totally did not deserve to get - Stack with a 3 at the buzzer!

mavs in the Staples house went crazy!

LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMG

2. Golden State

You think Golden State series last year was harder than the year before? I guess I pretty much expected something like that from the Mavs last year when they decided to make NO changes to their team after the Miami fiasco. I expect much the same this year.

Wow, I just heard the Cowboys became the first team to lose their opening round game in the NFC with being the top seed - now they can relate with the Mavs.

As soon as I heard the team was told to go vacation last week I thought that we were doomed, regardless of who we played. This defense needs a tweak here and there but for the most part did a decent job today. They got enough stops to win this game. That BS off sides call at the beginning of the game truly set the tone. Instead of going 3 and out they end up scoring a few plays later. You can't keep giving a team that is playing with heart that many chances afterwards. Too many off sides penalties and that's preparation and timing, which should have been ironed out and worked on instead of going on vacation. How stupid now to think about on that decision. NOW you can go on vacation and take the rest of the month thinking about how the leadership on this team should have stood up and said "No way I'm going on vacation, we have the rest of the year for that, I'm going to stay right here and study and work on my timing". With that said Dallas accomplished a lot this season and will have much to build on for next year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

What? The Cowboys lost by 4, not 21.

Bottom Line is they both lost. The Skins game was a lot closer than the score indicates , they were up in the 4th quarter with less than 10 minutes to play , but who really cares a loss is a loss.

The NYG are on a roll , but I can't see them beating Favre in GB. This sets up a possible dream Super Bowl matchup with the 2 arguably greatest QBs ever going head to head.

Why? HE led them to a 13-4 record in his first season! If Jones gave Parcells a while he should DEFINATLEY give Phillips a chance!

Well the fact that he is now 0 - 4 in the playoffs, his team was incredibly unprepared tonight are just a couple of reasons. I hear on the radio post-game (not sure where I was last week to not hear this) that Phillips gave his players 3-4 days OFF during their two week preparation. Nice.

How stupid now to think about on that decision. NOW you can go on vacation and take the rest of the month thinking about how the leadership on this team should have stood up and said "No way I'm going on vacation, we have the rest of the year for that, I'm going to stay right here and study and work on my timing".

Rick

Romo should have been the leader to step up and say that exact thing. They are going to catch a lot of backlash for their decisions.

Romo should have been the leader to step up and say that exact thing. They are going to catch a lot of backlash for their decisions.

The media had that bullet locked and loaded the minute he stepped off the plane from Mexico. Noodle arm deserves all the criticism he gets this offseason from media & the DFW fanbase. I couldn't help but laugh during the middle of the year when people were comparing him to Staubach & Aikman. He doesn't even deserve to be in teh same breath as Danny White. Danny boy at least got to 3 NFC Title games. How could you look past his 20+ INT's this year and compare him to Cowboy greats??????

Edited by Got5onIt

Why when the whiny Cowboys lose is the other team classless. It's you whiny-ass Cowboys fans that need to learn something about class.

No, just other team's fans that choose to come on a thread about the Cowboys and talk trash. Typical of a fan with a man crush on Billy Kilmer.

Class? Kilmer or Staubach?

Class? Theismann or Staubach/Aikman?

Class? Riggins or Dorsett/Smith?

Class? George Allen or Tom Landry?

Try again.

As soon as I heard the team was told to go vacation last week I thought that we were doomed, regardless of who we played. This defense needs a tweak here and there but for the most part did a decent job today. They got enough stops to win this game. That BS off sides call at the beginning of the game truly set the tone. Instead of going 3 and out they end up scoring a few plays later. You can't keep giving a team that is playing with heart that many chances afterwards. Too many off sides penalties and that's preparation and timing, which should have been ironed out and worked on instead of going on vacation. How stupid now to think about on that decision. NOW you can go on vacation and take the rest of the month thinking about how the leadership on this team should have stood up and said "No way I'm going on vacation, we have the rest of the year for that, I'm going to stay right here and study and work on my timing". With that said Dallas accomplished a lot this season and will have much to build on for next year.

I just don't know if I buy vacation as the reason for the loss. What did Manning do when his team was told to take time off... he stayed at home and watched game film. How did that work out for him? Every team takes time off. Blame the coaches for letting the team start to relax since about 7 weeks ago and I think you are headed in the right direction.

Edited by eleazar

I just don't know if I buy vacation as the reason for the loss. What did Manning do when his team was told to take time off... he stayed at home and watched game film. How did that work out for him? Every team takes time off. Blame the coaches for letting the team start to relax since about 7 weeks ago and I think you are headed in the right direction.

Drew Pearson, the REAL #88 just stated on Newy's show that this team was unprepared for this game due to too much time off and a lack of mental toughness. Without directly coming right out and saying it, he scolded this team for sitting around on their asses last week and going through the motions thinking they could out muscle NY. This is Wade Phillips style in coaching. It may work during the regular season but considering he's now 0-4 in the playoffs......?

Rick

Drew Pearson, the REAL #88 just stated on Newy's show that this team was unprepared for this game due to too much time off and a lack of mental toughness. Without directly coming right out and saying it, he scolded this team for sitting around on their asses last week and going through the motions thinking they could out muscle NY. This is Wade Phillips style in coaching. It may work during the regular season but considering he's now 0-4 in the playoffs......?

Rick

Yeah, but what he is saying is basically the same thing I am saying except that I am saying they have been sitting on their asses for a few weeks now. Just look at the scoring stats for their last handful of games and it there is clearly a difference in the amount of focus compared to the first half of the season. And as stated before, i do think this is Wade Phillips style of coaching is to blame.

Last 3 regular season games:

Sun 12/16 Philadelphia L 6-10

Sat 12/22 at Carolina W 20-13

Sun 12/30 at Washington L 6-27

Yeah, they have been going through the motions for a while now.

How does anyone attack Romo here?

What I saw yesterday was -

TONS of Dropped Passes by the Recievers (if you hit 'em in their chest or their hands, they should catch it...)

An Offensive line that went to sleep after halftime (how do you expect Romo to perform from his back?)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many penalties, the only one against Romo (intentional grounding when he wasn't in danger of being sacked) was a TERRIBLE call.

Non-Existant Special Teams.

...and a Defense that didn't get it done when they should have the most (namely allowing a TD before the half when the other team only had 47 seconds to get it done.

There are problems, no doubt. They need to be worked on, and some personel needs to be rethought - but this team will be good again next year, and we should have lots to look forward to as Cowboy fans. The biggest thing that needs to happen is the culture of "Succeed then Cruise" needs to go away. It isn't a coaching issue, becuase we've been seeing it for years. I'm not sure where this mentality comes from but it needs to be forced out of this organization in the WORST sort of way.

I love how after 3 1/2 pages of Cowboy fan complaining nobody has actually hit on the reason the Cowboys lost.

The Giants played well.

I am rather indifferent to the NFL...and have never been a Cowboy fan...but for the "fire Wade Phillips" war cries to be coming out are insane. The idea that Garrett ought be made head coach are even insanier. It was a tough loss, but goodness this team was not ordained by god. They were an above average team...who faced an above average team. Play the game 10 more times and I would predict a split.