Just Wondering If Mean Green Fans Knew

eulessismore

Just got to wondering what had happened to Matt Simon, fomer HC at North Texas. He is now running backs coach for the Chargers, who will be in the playoffs for the first time in 19(?) years. He didn't work out so well at North Texas at that time, but good to see he landed on his feet and is enjoying some success.

Where Matt Simon is now

And now I'm off to celebrate the Euless Trinity state championship win at the Trinity gym!

Edited by eulessismore

Just got to wondering what had happened to the guy I believe was HC when Dodge had his first coaching stint at North Texas. He is now running backs coach for the Chargers, who will be in the playoffs for the first time in 19(?) years. He didn't work out so well at North Texas at that time, but good to see he landed on his feet and is enjoying some success.

Where Matt Simon is now

And now I'm off to celebrate the Euless Trinity state championship win at the Trinity gym!

Actually, Dennis Parker was the head coach...when TD was an assistant with us.

Matt Simon was running backs coach with the Baltimore Ravens for several years and now SD for a couple. He commented to the DMN back when we renewed the football series with Smut. Said he enjoyed his time at NT (except for dealing with Helwig {my opinion}) and was glad we were playing them again.

I remember that a lot of the people I talked to really liked Coach Simon...maybe not how the team was doing, but the few people in my very early college career that had anything to say about him all thought he was a really nice guy. Glad he's doing well.