18 Verbals Including The 3 Juco Spring Transfers !

Dodge2007

Of the 18 commits only Adams, Hill, Williams, Akpunku, Barrett, Rucker, Feeley, and Leppo have offers ONLY from N. Texas (that are verifiable on Rivals). Bolds well that many recruits, who have committed, have multiple offers.

QB - Dodge

RB - Dunbar

Center - Leppo

Safety/LB - Phillips

OFF. Tackle - Feeley and Franklin (Franklin could be moved to DL considering he was all state)

WR - Barrett, Brigham, Rucker

OLB - Akpunku

Safties - Edwards and Hill (Juco transfers) Shorter and Williams (HS)

CB - Adams (juco) and Cook (listed as an athlete but plays CB)

Other athletes - Hamilton and Taylor

Edited by Dodge2007

The third spring transfer is Justin Edwards from E. Arizona J.C.

Edwards is a 3 star safety (played HS ball in the metroplex). Edwards had two other offers before committing to UNT, one from Ole Miss and the other from NMSU.

Great pick up by Coach Peterson who recruited him.

I don't think he was a mid-year transfer though.

Does anyone know if there are some real special teams players amongst this group? I'm talking about return people that are not only fast, but players who love nothing better than getting the ball in their hands on a punt or KO, and then go tear-assing up field without the slightest hesitation...or regard for themselves.

I'm talking about people like Sears Woods (32.6 yrds per KO return), Kim Phillips (31.5 yrds per KO return), Michael High (29yrds and 27.7 yrds per KO return), and my personal favorites Carlen Charleston (the KO leader all four years he played, 26.7, 18.6,17.9,19.4) and Brian Smith (24.7 yrds per KO)

Brian Smith (#9 on your program) was the craziest return man I ever watched. I don't think I ever saw him make a fair catch. It was "Bonzai" every time he got his hands on the ball.

Carlen Charleston (#42 on your program) was 5'5" and about 155 or 160 lbs at the most. But not only was he fast and very quick, he was absolutely fearless.

Do we have anyone like these guys in the current crop of players coming in?