Chance To Help Some Deserving Footballers.

eulessismore

Administrators, please feel free to move or delete this thread if there's a problem with it being here.

Many of the Euless Trinity football players, as in 2005, don't have the money to pay for the state championship rings they've just earned the right, if not the ring itself to wear. Yes, we're not the most prosperous city in the area, but are rich in football and fine young people. Also as in 2005, they're offering to work doing odd jobs in order to earn money for the rings. If any of you live in or around the Hurst Euless Bedford area, and need some chores done around the house between now and January 3, I encourage you to use the following link to find out how to hire one or more of these young men for some of that work (I don't think anything such as this is against any NCAA rules; I couldn't find anything on the NCAA website about alumni and potential recruits, but I wouldn't recommend hiring someone in this manner and talking to them about signing with UNT).

Euless Trinity Trojans need work to pay for state championship rings.

How much are we talking about? We're a little above even right now, but not enough to go balls deep. If they're looking for 200 bucks to mow the lawn, I can't help, but maybe fifty bucks for an afternoon of yard work, I can see that.

How much are we talking about? We're a little above even right now, but not enough to go balls deep. If they're looking for 200 bucks to mow the lawn, I can't help, but maybe fifty bucks for an afternoon of yard work, I can see that.

I'm sure anything would be appreciated; you might just call the phone number available by clicking on the link from my original post.

Sorry, I still do not care to contribute.

That's different from saying, "I could not care less." Saying what you said originally comes across as not caring whether these deserving young men get the chance to raise money buy their rings. Of course, being a writer you knew that.

Then again, if you don't want to contribute, don't, but why bother replying?

That's different from saying, "I could not care less." Saying what you said originally comes across as not caring whether these deserving young men get the chance to raise money buy their rings. Of course, being a writer you knew that.

Then again, if you don't want to contribute, don't, but why bother replying?

Thanks for your kind words on behalf of the efforts of these young men to raise money for rings which may be a real treasure for them now and in years to come. Also (and nothing against athletes from the more prosperous areas who have won championships in this and past years), many of the Euless Trinity athletes have accomplished what they have without the type of financial support that so many take for granted. I also find that other poster's replies to be odd at best; however I'm surprised to see you refer to him as a writer (one, I'm only assuming, who makes his or her living by writing). This surprises me, since I had decided his posts in this thread to show nothing in terms of communication skills, and among the poorest writing examples I've seen on any sports forum.

On the bright side, I found none of the misspelled words so common in these forums; maybe that's all it takes to make it as a writer these days.