Missed This...but Bless The Ticket

After NT's football season, I would temper any assessment of another school's poor athletic performance.

It's nowhere close to the same. Our football team showed "flashes" of good things to come with the offense and occasional defensive bright spots. I've seen SMU's basketball team...there are no flashes of ANYTHING good.

It's nowhere close to the same. Our football team showed "flashes" of good things to come with the offense and occasional defensive bright spots. I've seen SMU's basketball team...there are no flashes of ANYTHING good.

Well lets see, SMU basketball team is 4-5 with a win over TCU. NT was close if not the worst team in Bowl Division football providing the only wins for FIU and SMU as well as having one of the worst defenses in NCAA history. Yes I think they are comparable, although SMU still has 2/3 of the season to improve.

Edited by GrandGreen

Well lets see, SMU basketball team is 4-5 with a win over TCU. NT was close if not the worst team in Bowl Division football providing the only wins for FIU and SMU as well as having one of the worse defenses in NCAA history. Yes I think they are comparable, although SMU still has 2/3 of the season to improve.

Stop with your logic! It's hurting my brain.

After NT's football season, I would temper any assessment of another school's poor athletic performance.

I THINK YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. HE IS SAYING THEIR ENTIRE ATHLETIC PROGRAM IS IN SHAMBLES RIGHT NOW. WE AT LEAST HAVE BASKETBALL TO EASE OUR PAIN. SMU HAS TO DEAL WITH THEIR FOOTBALL STILL EVERYDAY B/C THEY STILL HAVE TO HEAR HOW THEY HAVE NO COACH.

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT SMU, NO, SOCCER DOESN'T COUNT.

I THINK YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. HE IS SAYING THEIR ENTIRE ATHLETIC PROGRAM IS IN SHAMBLES RIGHT NOW. WE AT LEAST HAVE BASKETBALL TO EASE OUR PAIN. SMU HAS TO DEAL WITH THEIR FOOTBALL STILL EVERYDAY B/C THEY STILL HAVE TO HEAR HOW THEY HAVE NO COACH.

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT SMU, NO, SOCCER DOESN'T COUNT.

What point am I missing? I frankly care a lot less about what SMU does than most on this board. But I do think we make easy targets talking smack about almost any program. By the way, SMU has beat us in soccer (it does count), women's basketball and football this year and NT has beat SMU in uh nothing.

The fact is that as bad as SMU has been in performance and support, they are still miles ahead of NT in that most critical of factors, money. You can look at the SMU head football coach search in a couple of views. You can ridicule their long coaching search or you can envy the fact that they are going to pay 3 to 5 times what NT is able to fund.

What point am I missing? I frankly care a lot less about what SMU does than most on this board. But I do think we make easy targets talking smack about almost any program. By the way, SMU has beat us in soccer (it does count), women's basketball and football this year and NT has beat SMU in uh nothing.

The fact is that as bad as SMU has been in performance and support, they are still miles ahead of NT in that most critical of factors, money. You can look at the SMU head football coach search in a couple of views. You can ridicule their long coaching search or you can envy the fact that they are going to pay 3 to 5 times what NT is able to fund.

Such a great post.....in Norm's voice "I love you"

A coaching search isn't about giving the most money away, its finding the right person to do the job. And I think we have found him here at UNT. SMU however, tried to money-whip Paul Johnson and that didn't work. And now they are about to let their coaching search run up to New Years.

There is something distinctly different about these 2 schools: the direction of each of their athletic programs. UNT's is headed up, and SMU's is headed down.