Hawaii In, Missouri Out

UNTflyer

Hawai'i was lucky to get by a 4-9 Washington Saturday night. They've played nobody, and will Georgia will demolish them.

They said the same about Boise State last year. They didn't belong in the BCS, Oklahoma was going to walk all over them...

I say any team that goes 12-0, no matter what conference they belong to, accomplished something special and deserves a shot at the title.

Edited by UNTflyer

Hawai'i was lucky to get by a 4-9 Washington Saturday night. They've played nobody, and will Georgia will demolish them.

Yup beating bowl teams in

Nevada, Fresno state, and Boise State three straight weeks are a bunch of nobodies. Glad to see we even have BCS homers on this board. :rolleyes:

They said the same about Boise State last year. They didn't belong in the BCS, Oklahoma was going to walk all over them...

I say any team that goes 12-0, no matter what conference they belong to, accomplished something special and deserves a shot at the title.

Well, that was last year, and that was a much more talented Boise State team.

Yup beating bowl teams in

Nevada, Fresno state, and Boise State three straight weeks are a bunch of nobodies. Glad to see we even have BCS homers on this board. :rolleyes:

Glad to see we can negatively label those who have a different opinion than the majority.

Nevada is a 6-6 WAC team, Fresno did beat K-State, but nobody else, and Boise State lost to Washington.

Have you seen Hawaii's non-conference schedule? They beat powerhouses like Washington, Northern Colorado, and College of Charleston. Wow...:rolleyes:

Did you cry in Arizona last year?

Way to make baseless assumptions. Ass.

Nevada is a 6-6 WAC team, Fresno did beat K-State, but nobody else, and Boise State lost to Washington.

Are Boise, Fresno, and Nevada bowl bound? If yes then that would be a good schedule and 3 straight wins on bowl teams to close the season. At least they had UW as an OOC game, compared to the crap Ohio State played, they can't help that a PAC 10 sucked all year.

Edited by untbowler

Talk about a baseless statement! Hawaii had to basically GIVE Washington a 21-0 lead and then fought through 2 MORE turnovers and still won the game. Did you stay up late and even watch the game?

Yes Washington did not have the greatest record but look at their schedule:

08/31 at Syracuse W 42-12

09/08 #22 Boise St W 24-10

09/15 #10 Ohio St L 33-14

09/22 at UCLA L 44-31

09/29 #1 USC L 27-24

10/13 at #14 Arizona St L 44-20

10/20 #10 Oregon L 55-34

10/27 Arizona L 48-41

11/03 at Stanford W 27-9

11/10 at Oregon St L 29-23

11/17 California W 37-23

11/24 Wash St L 42-35

12/01 at #12 Hawaii L 35-28

They lost to 4 ranked schools including Ohio State, USC by 3, ASU and Oregon (with Dixon).

This was an underachieving team that stepped up and played well against Hawaii who DID NOT have Colt Brennan for 3 games this year. Ask Oregon how losing their starting QB worked out for them?

I would not be surprised if the Warriors took Georgia to the Dog house......

out

Are Boise, Fresno, and Nevada bowl bound? If yes then that would be a good schedule and 3 straight wins on bowl teams to close the season. At least they had UW as an OOC game, compared to the crap Ohio State played, they can't help that a PAC 10 sucked all year.

Are you serious? You do realize Ohio State beat Washington by 19 points on the road, right?

ok so then Ohio State is just as bad as Hawaii. I was looking at them playing Youngstown State, Kent State, Akron not really the toughest of OOC games.

I'm not trying to attack you or drag this out because I am most inclined to just wash my hands of another aborted football season altogether. I just wanted to point out the flaw in that reasoning. You just can't bash Ohio State for SOS while praising Hawaii.

• 4 weeks later...