Money For Stadium Or Coaches?

STE

SUMG’s post re: the pond being drained at the Radisson got me thinking.

In addition to raising money for a new stadium I hope we are raising money to pay our coaches more. Have any of you been to this site? - http://coacheshotseat.com/index.htm

This site details the salaries of every coach in the FBS. It shocking how low we are and how high some of our competitors are. Just look at what Baylor did this year hiring Broyles for 1.8 million. He was making 900K at Houston. His new salary of 1.8 will put Baylor in the top 15 of highest paying coaching gigs.

SMU is rumored to pay Bennett’s replacement in the range of 1.5. If so, we are going to be seriously under market.

I think Dodge is a good coach (defensive woes aside) but we are going to lose him his first good season regardless of our stadium situation unless we come up with some serious cash.

I know we need new stadium/facilities for recruiting, better home games etc but I just hope we’re working on the salary issue at the same time.

In addition to raising money for a new stadium I hope we are raising money to pay our coaches more. Have any of you been to this site? - http://coacheshotseat.com/index.htm

This site details the salaries of every coach in the FBS. It shocking how low we are and how high some of our competitors are. Just look at what Baylor did this year hiring Broyles for 1.8 million. He was making 900K at Houston. His new salary of 1.8 will put Baylor in the top 15 of highest paying coaching gigs.

SMU is rumored to pay Bennett’s replacement in the range of 1.5. If so, we are going to be seriously under market.

I think Dodge is a good coach (defensive woes aside) but we are going to lose him his first good season regardless of our stadium situation unless we come up with some serious cash.

I know we need new stadium/facilities for recruiting, better home games etc but I just hope we’re working on the salary issue at the same time.

TD's offense scored 19 pts on a bad FIU defense. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I like TD but he'd got a whole lot to learn about the college game as well as all the assistants.

One thing I've been wondering about is how much longer will UNT be making payments to Dickey? Once those cease, those funds would seem to be one source of increasing our coaches' salaries.

One thing I've been wondering about is how much longer will UNT be making payments to Dickey? Once those cease, those funds would seem to be one source of increasing our coaches' salaries.

It is my understanding some how, the money to pay DD off was found.

We do need to be willing to increase the pay for assistant coaches if we want to stay competitive, but we are probably alright for the next year.

TD's offense scored 19 pts on a bad FIU defense. He's not going anywhere anytime soon. I like TD but he'd got a whole lot to learn about the college game as well as all the assistants.

There was a lot of chatter on Baylorfans.com and even Ponyfans.com in favor of a Dodge hire. His team didn't do so well this year but I think other programs have taken notice of the offense numbers they put up and his ability to recruit. Also, I do think that we will get better as a team despite Mendoza.

Anyway, it's unlikely that Dodge will stay with us until he retires. Consequently, we're likely going to be bringing in a new coach some time in the next 4-7 years. If so, I think it’s important that we be able to pay that person competitively.