North Texas @ F I U

UNTFan23

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If FIU puts up 50, can Dodge even think of trying to justify Mendoza staying?

I don't think Dodge can back out of his assurance to bring Mendoza back without looking dishonest. I figure it's a stone cold lock that we get one more year of his efensive schemes.

And if we didn't get the ball on the 1 yard line to start the game, we'd have all of 13 points.

whats your point? We know you love Mendoza and love his coaching abilities, and of course it is all the athletes faults that we afre the worst defense in the nation and have given 38 points to the worst offense in America.

Yup darn that bad snap that placed us at the 1 yd line, instead of a 20 point ass-kicking it would be a 25-30 pt.

Big F'in deal we still lose.

whats your point? We know you love Mendoza and love his coaching abilities, and of course it is all the athletes faults that we afre the worst defense in the nation and have given 38 points to the worst offense in America.

Yup darn that bad snap that placed us at the 1 yd line, instead of a 20 point ass-kicking it would be a 25-30 pt.

Big F'in deal we still lose.

my point is that our team sucks on all fronts, and if you guys were consistent, you'd be calling for all the coaches' heads. i don't like that we're the worst team i've ever seen play, but if i call for Mendoza's head in his first season, i should be ready to call for everyone from Todge on down, because this team has been terrible all season.

but our athletes, particularly on defense, are NOT up to snuff. sorry if that hurts people's feelings, but it's the sheer fact of the matter. with or without schemes we shouldn't be getting blown off the ball by FIU. with or without them, our DBs shouldn't be getting beat this badly. now, some of that can be attributed to attrition and change of coaching styles. a GOOD DEAL of it has been a coaching staff doing a terrible job.

but the grim reality is that our D is about 1/3 of the problem with this football team right now.

that's my point.

Losing to #120 ranked FIU is a real kick in the balls to end the season.

Hope you Ron Mendoza supporters are happy. This is the most pathetic defense EVER at UNT since I have been following them ...1976 to present. I will not be spending any money with the MG next year if RM is DC. You have to realize some of us oldtimers have heard it all before.....UNT, were going to do this, do that, build a new stadium....you get the point; anyway you have to questions TD ability to put a program together at the college level when he is losing to this level of competition, even if it is his first year....and then to plan to bring RM back as DC...just pathetic in all aspects.

my point is that our team sucks on all fronts, and if you guys were consistent, you'd be calling for all the coaches' heads. i don't like that we're the worst team i've ever seen play, but if i call for Mendoza's head in his first season, i should be ready to call for everyone from Todge on down, because this team has been terrible all season.

but our athletes, particularly on defense, are NOT up to snuff. sorry if that hurts people's feelings, but it's the sheer fact of the matter. with or without schemes we shouldn't be getting blown off the ball by FIU. with or without them, our DBs shouldn't be getting beat this badly. now, some of that can be attributed to attrition and change of coaching styles. a GOOD DEAL of it has been a coaching staff doing a terrible job.

but the grim reality is that our D is about 1/3 of the problem with this football team right now.

that's my point.

Both the offense and defense have been record setting this year. Tell me this, which records are you more proud of, the offensive or defensive records we're setting this season? What is more depressing to you, the fact that the offense has been inconisistent or the fact that the defense has?

By the way, we do have some talent on this team, we have two honorable mention freshman all americans, and I'm sure when the all conference lists come out, we'll have several players on there.