Riley Dodge Out

emmitt01

From someone who has separated both shoulders during my playing days, a 2nd degree is in the middle. A 1st degree is more like a severe sprain. A 3rd degree is definite surgery. With a 2nd degree it just depends on which end of the spectrum your injury falls to determine surgery. He must be closer to the 3rd degree, if not surgery is optional. As the doctor told me when I had a 2 1/2 degree injury, "We could do surgery or you can rest. You'll basically be trading a lump for a scar."

It's 2 hours before NT/FIU kick. How focussed is TD on the game or his son's (our #1 recruit) injured shoulder? Dodge is such a family man that this will weigh on him a little. He's also a big competitor, so he may be able to block it out.

I'm not knocking him. I just wonder how focussed he'll be. As a parent, I know I'd be distracted. It also begs the question, if Riley is injured as a member of the Mean Green, will this effect Dodge's coaching?

Stay strong Todge!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by EagleD

Who won... I am in Midland... Did Abilene.win.??..score etc.

Permian is losing.. and will lose.

From DMN HS Blog

by Tim MacMahon

Dragons are done!!

The Southlake Carroll dynasty ended on a fumbled snap to the backup quarterback. Carroll was apparently trying to move the ball to the middle of the field to make the field goal easier for K Cade Foster.

QB Kyle Padron went under center for the first time all game -- and probably all season -- and couldn't get the snap. Abilene's P.J. Butler recovered.

One kneel down, and it's all over.

Abilene 22, Carroll 21 ... final!!

SLC could have used both Dodges today as the end of the game was one of the most mis-managed I have ever seen. Behind 22-21, on the 10 yard line, tying to spike the ball with 10 seconds left (and one time out), back-up QB under center (we have not taken a snap under center all year), a set up for disaster. And it happened, fumbled snap and one of the best kicker's in the area gets no chance to win the game. I'm sure Coach Wasson is crushed. Sometimes the football gods are so cruel.

However, SLC has had a great run, we are proud of all (coaches and players)! SLC will shake this off and will be back, it's tradition!!

UNT, Riley (we would have killed Abilene if Riley doesn't get hurt) and Tomlin are terrific. Leppo is also, but has been hurt and not played a down this year.

PS: Just heard Riley broke Chase Daniel's total TD record at SLC 133 to 128. He is the real deal!

Keep pouring the green kool aid for SLC and UNT.

Go Dragons and Mean Green!

I separated(no clue what degree) my right shoulder during practice, the day before a game during my HS freshman year. I have no idea how they got my jersey or shoulder pads off to look at it as I lay on the ground, or to what "degree" it was separated, but when I looked over to look at it all I saw was deformity with the ball of my shoulder completely out towards the posterior and it freaked me out. Just as I was probably about to start to lose it my coach reaches over and pulls my arm and I heard a sucking sound like a cow pulling his foot out of the mud, he had just re-set it, and then the pain hit so bad that I was nausious. The trainer tells me.."ah kid, just put some ice and heat on it tonight and you'll be fine". I played the next night even though I couldn't raise my elbow above my chest, and wouldn't be able to for two weeks and I never saw a doctor about it because I figured it was getting better so why bother? That was October 1981 and I still deal with it today. When I had my first physical to get on the job 12 years ago the doctor sent me to an orthopedic surgeon to have it looked at. The guy moves it around and said I had a lot of free play, that I had obviously torn some stuff in there and had just learned to deal with it over the years but that whenever I finally got tired of it to come back to see him and he'd tighten it up for me. But my only point in bringing this up is how amazing it is to me the difference then and now. Now if we make an EMS call and someone even suspects they separated their shoulder and say's it hurts we immobilize and transport no questions asked. I'm hopefull Riley is ok and gets it addressed NOW and not later and I'm certain he will. And this reminds me of why I respect Scott Hall and Danny Meager for going through pectoral and shoulder surgery's and both still being able to play at that level and continue to take that kind of pounding. Of course Hall also played without his miniscus that '01 season as well. We have witnessed some amazing toughness by our QB's and Riley will be no different I'm sure.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick