Hilltoppershaven.com

Guest JohnDenver

Guest JohnDenver

I registered as JohnDenver. Made a post regarding the SBC investigation regarding the logo celebration pregame yada yada.. said they were very cocky, etc. People agreed with me. No flames going on.

Here it is: HillTopperHaven.com Football Forum

Then I check back and someone said they had to agree to disagree about the pregame ritual of jumping on home fields center logo while the other team is warming up... posted a link to the Hawaii incident, TO Owens and Chargers.

Mysteriously my account was deleted and posts were gone. One post remains, but it is attributed to "Guest".

Ghost of Lonnie F was correct. They don't want conversation.. very very odd.

Give it a shot. Try to talk to them.

http://www.hilltopperhaven.com/board/

Hopefully you get further than I did.

I have never had that happen on *any* opponent board.

I’m surprised John was allowed to register since they don’t even let all of their OWN fans do that. They don’t want anyone to question the board leaders. And some of you THINK this board does that!

There is a second WKU board that is a lot friendlier. Most of the fans there are intensely loyal, but not crazy. And you won’t be delete for being a fan of another school.

did you learn this before or after spending time on gmg.com?

Shaven Hilltoppers? I was gonna say something about sorority houses, post-game next year...but figured it would be a bit crass for a classy place like this.

I'm not prepared to divulge where I learned that, ok...I'm lying; I can't remember where I learned that.

QUOTE(eulessismore @ Nov 26 2007, 04:06 PM)

I've become convinced it's pointless talking to idiots anyway.

did you learn this before or after spending time on gmg.com?

I feel strongly that music like this could result in lowering the listener's IQ, yet strangely, improve their spelling. Oh, they left out the "G", but nobody ever pronounces that anyway.

Hilltoppers sing and spell D-A-R-L-I-N'

Edited by eulessismore

How about next time we play them, we get Tommy Noggle (infamous in the Denton party scene from about 1998 to about 2002) to get his friends and their Girls Gone Wild t-shirts and videocameras again...

Then we can have our own Hilltopper Shaven.com...

LOL

Hilltopper "Haven" is designed by its own to be just that, a Haven for WKU fans. It is nothing personal against UNT fans. The owner of the site does not allow any fans of other schools to register. The scout message board site is open to all.

As to the "Hilltoppers". WKU's campus is on top of the tallest point in Warren County, so once you visit WKU's campus, it will make more sense.

As to the picture of the singing group, the Hilltoppers (below),....

hilltoppers.JPG

The Hilltoppers were a 1950s musical quartet that achieved status as the number one musical group during 1953-54. The group was the number one vocal combination by Billboard and Cash Box magazines in 1953 and consistently remained one of America's Top Ten through 1960. The quartet originated when three Western students, Don McGuire ('54), Jimmy Sacca ('53) and Seymore Spiegelman ('53), joined a former Westerner, Billy Vaughn. Their first hit was "Trying." Twenty-one Hilltopper recordings made Billboard Magazine's Top 40 Hit List. The group had record sales in excess of 8 million copies. They appeared on Ed Sullivan's Toast of the Town and also on American Bandstand.

Hilltopper "Haven" is designed by its own to be just that, a Haven for WKU fans. It is nothing personal against UNT fans. The owner of the site does not allow any fans of other schools to register. The scout message board site is open to all.

As to the "Hilltoppers". WKU's campus is on top of the tallest point in Warren County, so once you visit WKU's campus, it will make more sense.

As to the picture of the singing group, the Hilltoppers (below),....

hilltoppers.JPG

The Hilltoppers were a 1950s musical quartet that achieved status as the number one musical group during 1953-54. The group was the number one vocal combination by Billboard and Cash Box magazines in 1953 and consistently remained one of America's Top Ten through 1960. The quartet originated when three Western students, Don McGuire ('54), Jimmy Sacca ('53) and Seymore Spiegelman ('53), joined a former Westerner, Billy Vaughn. Their first hit was "Trying." Twenty-one Hilltopper recordings made Billboard Magazine's Top 40 Hit List. The group had record sales in excess of 8 million copies. They appeared on Ed Sullivan's Toast of the Town and also on American Bandstand.

THAT'S ALL GOOD AND GREAT BUT CAN YOU CLAIM "THE EAGLES" GREAT.... DON HENLEY?

Guest JohnDenver

The owner would be doing everyone a favor and SAYING that when it is on the register link. Or even better, say it is only for WKU hill billies and provide a link to the scout board. Or hell, just respond to an email when someone sends an email asking what is up.

What a crock of bullsh!t. What an unfriendly environment... That is pathetic. IMHO.

Maybe I will ban WKU fans and say that scout is open for them...

pict_20060628PHT09315.jpg

Guest JohnDenver

They might invite us into the city, but will kick us out once we open our mouths... Seems to be the WKU way of things. ;)

The owner would be doing everyone a favor and SAYING that when it is on the register link. Or even better, say it is only for WKU hill billies and provide a link to the scout board. Or hell, just respond to an email when someone sends an email asking what is up.

What a crock of bullsh!t. What an unfriendly environment... That is pathetic. IMHO.

Maybe I will ban WKU fans and say that scout is open for them...

I certainly understand your frustration, and if I ran a message board, I would allow other fans to post. But try not to hold it against all the fans because the owner of a message board chooses to run his board his way.

Obviously, you are certainly in your right to ban us. In fact, if that is your desire, I can certainly just not post. I don't want to cause conflict or post where I am not wanted.

I certainly understand your frustration, and if I ran a message board, I would allow other fans to post. But try not to hold it against all the fans because the owner of a message board chooses to run his board his way.

Obviously, you are certainly in your right to ban us. In fact, if that is your desire, I can certainly just not post. I don't want to cause conflict or post where I am not wanted.

No need. We actually enjoy having the fans, that are civilized, from the other teams post.