Bowling Green Newspaper

eulesseagle

I'm thinking, based on the quote by their head coach, that he had nothing to do with planning their choreographed end zone celebration (his words are in quotes):

“In this life, I think sometimes you get what you deserve,” said Elson, whose team was flagged for an excessive celebration penalty - which led to a missed extra point and the one-point scoring difference. “We didn’t handle ourselves well there at the end of the first half, and then we came out in the second, turned the ball over and let them right back in it.

“It was their Senior Day, giving them momentum, and then we just didn’t handle ourselves the way we needed to handle ourselves.”

The loss will no doubt leave a bitter taste in the mouths of the Hilltoppers, who celebrated their goal of seven wins just a week ago. But while it hurts for the seniors, Elson said the returning players will remember this feeling next season.

“You also have to handle yourself with character and class no matter what happens. But we’ll take this and learn from it, and I think that’s all we can do at this point.”

Those may be the bluest words out of (or about) Bowling Green since the Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen song from years ago, "Down to Seeds and Stems Again Blues". For those of you not of the Lost Planet, hear the key words from an excerpt of that song by clicking on the following link, then clicking "Down to Seeds and Stems Again Blues".

Sample of "Down to Seeds and Stems Blues"

eulessismore-

i am a big fan of commander cody and his lost planet airmen too. i still have most of their vinal and a couple of cd's.

if i were to choose a cc tune to tag wku it would be, lost in the ozone again.

Excellent choice there, eulesseagle. CC can make music out of some things that really don't make sense. That just made we wonder if you and I should team up and attend a North Texas game together sometime!

WKU head coach is full of crap. All those coaches were participating and laughing their ass on. I had my binoculars right on those SOB's. Screw him and his bs comments. They had no freaking class.

You could hear their assistants whooping and laughing in the box too.

You could hear their assistants whooping and laughing in the box too.

Look at Mr. Fancypants, namedropping from the warm, dry pressbox while the REAL fans sat out in the weather (until leaving at halftime).

You, sir, make me sick.

As usual, I have the inside scoop. The WKU assistants were whooping and laughing not because of any on-field antics, but rather because one of them brought up a celebratory love goat at halftime.

That poor goat was the reason that WKU performed so poorly in the second half. The whooping, laughing assistants were each taking their turn with it. If they'd kept it on the team bus until after the game, we might not be celebrating today.