Flyover Video

bobelok

...anyone notice how off centerline the formation was... They flew directly over the student side, not the middle of the stadium. Was that just an off run, or do they fly over the visitor's side when the Navy is away on purpose? Just wondering.

...it WAS the greatest moment I've witnessed at Fouts.

It's funny. I was sitting on the alumni side and it appeared that they were directly over me, but pictures I've seen show them over the field. Then again, maybe it is just me.

We were just wrapping up tailgating when they flew over our heads, we were by Budman. That put us in line with their flight path, they went right over the student side.

It was not intentional. One of the pilots came into the box in the 2nd quarter after landing and driving up to Denton. He said it was hard from the direction they were coming in and the way Fouts is turned to get it perfect.

"the way fouts is turned"? Aren't all fields "turned" the same way?

Not knocking. Just saying it probably had more to do with how they came in.

Question: Was the student section empty to the left of you? As you were panning and view the Navy section it looked dead empty in the student section but the Navy section looked packed. That is what we need to model ourselves after; getting in the stadium 20 minutes early....i know 'calling the kettle black'.

They should have gotten the Air Force to do this. Early and off target...typical of the squids!

Signed,

Letsgiveacheer, USAF, Retired

Actually, those were Marines flying those jets. I know because my guest for the game is retired USAF as well and was based at Carwell for many, many years.

Question: Was the student section empty to the left of you? As you were panning and view the Navy section it looked dead empty in the student section but the Navy section looked packed. That is what we need to model ourselves after; getting in the stadium 20 minutes early....i know 'calling the kettle black'.

That was probably the Green Brigade section - which were on the field playing the National Anthem.

That was probably the Green Brigade section - which were on the field playing the National Anthem.

With one section separating the photog and the navy fans, I would have to disagree, as the Green Brigade would have been to the photog's immediate left as opposed to his right. Also the angle of the field would indicate the same since the Green Brigade sits to the south side of the 50, and the photog was to the north of the 50. But that's all I could glean from teh video. ;)

BTW, I was in the alum section and prior to the game starting (even the flyover) I noticed the student section was sparse, but eventually filled in after we scored the first two TDs in under 8 minutes. However once the score was 21-3, I think they figured something big was giong on inside Fout's that they should probably watch.

GMG!

That section, to my right, was the last student section between us and the Navy (visitor) side - not the section where the band sits. And yes, it was rather empty at this point, about 15-20 minutes before the game, but it later filled up.

They should have gotten the Air Force to do this. Early and off target...typical of the squids!

Signed,

Letsgiveacheer, USAF, Retired

Touche. My brother and 8 of his buddies that are up in Enid, OK at Pilot training were with me at the game and all clamied they could have made that look better. Either way, awesome thing to see!