Let's Show Some Class

Cerebus

People, I am getting tired of personal attacks against the players involved in the recent controversy. The coaching staff will deal with them as they see fit. Calling them thugs, drug dealers, idiots, etc isn't the proper way to handle it.

It's easy to show some class when we are winning and things are going our way, lets show we know how to handle the situation when we are losing/we feel wronged.

People, I am getting tired of personal attacks against the players involved in the recent controversy. The coaching staff will deal with them as they see fit.

I absolutely agree, Cerebus. After working for a local government in this area for over 20 years (that has often NOT handled such things well), I have nothing but admiration for the way our coaching staff and administration have handled this matter. If they've been getting advice on handling this, it's been good advice, well taken. The best revenge is living well.

People, I am getting tired of personal attacks against the players involved in the recent controversy. The coaching staff will deal with them as they see fit. Calling them thugs, drug dealers, idiots, etc isn't the proper way to handle it.

It's easy to show some class when we are winning and things are going our way, lets show we know how to handle the situation when we are losing/we feel wronged.

Can we still hope that they are removed from our team?

They tried to ruin a good man because they couldn't play by the rules. They showed zero class.

I think they deserve every bit of criticism thrown their way... but that's just my humble opinion.

So two wrongs make a right?

Let's do what many don't ... move on.

I think the focus should really now be on all the African-Americans, Caucasians, Mexicans, etc, etc, etc, who are playing by the rules of our coaching staff and are honoring and respecting authority while doing so. Haven't we all (no matter our race) been taught to respect our elders as it is?

Also, I know many of us would hope that the 3 young men who got kicked off our school's football team will find their own semblance of peace with all this, too. Name-calling to those 3 only puts us at the same level they have allegedly shown, now doesn't it? Why create 2 sets of problems with all this?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think the focus should really now be on all the African-Americans, Caucasians, Mexicans, etc, etc, etc, who are playing by the rules of our coaching staff and are honoring and respecting authority while doing so. Haven't we all (no matter our race) been taught to respect our elders as it is?

Also, I know many of us would hope that the 3 young men who got kicked off our school's football team will find their own semblance of peace with all this, too. Name-calling to those 3 only puts us at the same level they have allegedly shown, now doesn't it? Why create 2 sets of problems with all this?

Well said, PlummMeanGreen. The really powerful stories these days (maybe always?) are about redemption. Anyway, I AM starting to think you're the one to lead us into new stadium promised land. Hey, have you ever checked out the one Wake Forest has? A bit smallish, but a little upsizing and.....

Well said, PlummMeanGreen. The really powerful stories these days (maybe always?) are about redemption. Anyway, I AM starting to think you're the one to lead us into new stadium promised land. Hey, have you ever checked out the one Wake Forest has? A bit smallish, but a little upsizing and.....

I think the one some would call the Big Donor will be the one who leads us to the Promised Land, eulessismore. :) What we want to do with a new stadium (unfortunately and IMHO) won't get off the ground w/o one. I think Dr. "B", the UNT BOR's, AD Rick V and a cast of hundreds will eventually find a Big Donor for a new stadium, but I better quit while I'm ahead since this is not a new stadium thread. :lol:

OK, Just One More Thing: I love the interior of ULouisville's Papa Johns Pizza (or whatever they call it) Stadium (except with all green chairback seats). It seats 40,000 and although many of us could be made happy with 35,000, 40K still helps us sell more visitor's tickets (with good seats) to schools in the Big 12 who have great traveling fan bases who we all know Rick Villarreal could get us a home schedule at our main campus.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

They tried to ruin a good man because they couldn't play by the rules. They showed zero class.

I think they deserve every bit of criticism thrown their way... but that's just my humble opinion.

They are also in their early twenties! I am embarrassed about some decisions and actions I made back then. What type of family did they come from? Is there a Dad or mentor in their life? Kicking them out of school without an education may teach them a lesson. The chances are greater, however, that they will return to their "hood" and won't find a meaningful job. Depression sets in leading to substance abuse. Now, unemployed without a means to support their habit, they then revert to crime against you, me, your neighbors & family. There's a real possibility that they may end up dead before they reach age 25. I've lived in the hood all my life and see this scenerio playing out all the time.

I know this hurts the coaching staff and their families, they are human. I've been falsely accused before. You are never the same. We must, as adults, think about the long term consequences of not just their lives but what our actions will mean to society. There are innocent victims everyday. The anger expressed here has more to do with the distraction to our program. We really don't give a damn about these players because that can't help us anymore. "If you can't help us, don't hurt us"

Yes, they committed a dumb ass mistake! Let's not do the same.

WOW! So, the whole thing has now boiled down to Jesus! It had to either be Jesus or George Bush in the end... :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Yes, let's move on, but we do not need to give these "kids" a "pass" for their behavior. Let it go and move on, ABSOLUTELY. Stop all the "personal" attacks on this site...ABSOLUTELY. But, we can not forget about the sort of damage this type of thing does to UNT overall and the football program in specific. These kids, do not deserve to be anywhere near the program EVER again. Forgive, certainly, but they do need to suffer the consequences of their own actions. They have probably received too many "free passes" in their young lives and that's why they did what they did. So, to all the great posts above I say thank you very much for bringing some sanity into the discussion and LET'S MOVE ON!

GO MEAN GREEN - BEAT NAVY!

So you can show less forgiveness than the man who had the most to lose by this?

Forgetting that, what ever happened to showing class through restraint? There is no need to sink to the level of anyone who attacks you.

I am serious about this, I want people on here to behave like sane, reasonable adults.

They have probably received too many "free passes" in their young lives and that's why they did what they did.

This is a good example. How do you know they received too many free passes? How do you know? You've just maligned these young men's families without any factual basis for your comment.

Smitty...re-read the post...it says "probably"...meaning "I don't know for sure...but". If that is a slam on anyone you are WAY TOO SENSITIVE...tell me that you are not aware of the "free passes" that athletes get in society these days? If you can honestly tell me that, then I want to drink the Kool-Aid you have been drinking. :shocking:

This is a good example. How do you know they received too many free passes? How do you know? You've just maligned these young men's families without any factual basis for your comment.

Seriously, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

How does a young man learn that he can call authority figure a "M-Fu**er"? How did he learn to be a whining crybaby that runs to the NAACP to file a bogus claim rather than face up to his own shortcomings? How did he learn to blame everyone else and not take responsibility for his stupid actions?

These things don't just happen... They come about from years of experience and conditioning.

Smitty...re-read the post...it says "probably"...meaning "I don't know for sure...but". If that is a slam on anyone you are WAY TOO SENSITIVE...tell me that you are not aware of the "free passes" that athletes get in society these days? If you can honestly tell me that, then I want to drink the Kool-Aid you have been drinking. :shocking:

Exactly. You don't know for sure but you made the comment anyway. Without any factual basis.

And I'm perfectly aware of the "free passes" athletes get. I'm also aware of "free passes" some board members want to allow them to make unsubstantiated comments.

So, Smitty...who elected you to the title of PC Police Captain???? You get to say what is and waht is not correct? If I re-read your posts I am sure I can find plenty of opportunity to do my own bit of PC Police work...give it a rest....this is called an opinion board for a very good reason...MY OPINION is...that kids who act like this have often been given way too many free passes in their young lives. So, what part of that is a problem? It's an opinion...you seem to have plenty of them. Give it a rest, and let's get on with the NAVY game...

GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT NAVY. (with kids who want to play football and follow the team rules)...couldn't resist that last one!

So, Smitty...who elected you to the title of PC Police Captain???? You get to say what is and waht is not correct? If I re-read your posts I am sure I can find plenty of opportunity to do my own bit of PC Police work...give it a rest....this is called an opinion board for a very good reason...MY OPINION is...that kids who act like this have often been given way too many free passes in their young lives. So, what part of that is a problem? It's an opinion...you seem to have plenty of them. Give it a rest, and let's get on with the NAVY game...

GO MEAN GREEN...BEAT NAVY. (with kids who want to play football and follow the team rules)...couldn't resist that last one!

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to mine.