Drc Article On Unt Investigation

MCMLXXX

“I am not surprised,” she said of the outcome of UNT’s own investigation into the matter. “We knew we were going to have to go to an outside resource. We knew the school wouldn’t do anything. That is not the end of the story. We definitely are going to continue to pursue it and are thinking about taking legal action. They have a lot to lose with those coaches they have under contract.”

Isn't there a saying about the apple not falling far from the tree?

How embarrassing that a Mom would not tell her son to get his sh#t together, instead promote reward from misbehavior.

Does this REALLY suprise you? It is the failure of parents to demand accounability from their children, and subsequent making of excuses on their behalf, that leads to kids acting in an aberrant (and abhorent) manner.

Edited by emmitt01

“I am not surprised,” she said of the outcome of UNT’s own investigation into the matter. “We knew we were going to have to go to an outside resource. We knew the school wouldn’t do anything. That is not the end of the story. We definitely are going to continue to pursue it and are thinking about taking legal action. They have a lot to lose with those coaches they have under contract.”

We have a lot to lose? Like what? Coaches that discipline players getting a pretty nice college education no matter what their color?

If I set a theatre on fire and then yell "FIRE!".................should that take the focus off of me and the blatant fact that I am still the one who set the fire?

What some might need to consider is that Caucasians do not have a corner of the market when it comes to racism and if Todd Dodge is a racists........then hellsbells, I suppose I am too and probably about 250 million other Caucasians in this country, too.

Of course, most of us have a lifetime of (not just words) but actions that would indicate that we are not racists, but if we would be called out or accused of being such, most of us won't take that kind of thing laying down, either, no matter how many other liberal do-gooder "always politcally correct" whites who would feel guilty for their own "white-ness" would. And we seem to have a few of those on this message board, but what the hell--different strokes for different folks.

America? Still a great country that offers many freedoms with Freedom of Speech being toward the top of the list for most of us no matter our race, creed or religion, but that still being a freedom that need not be abused or made to be confused as to fit one's personal agendas while at the same time defaming the character of another to (perhaps) camouflage one's own character short-comings?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

“I am not surprised,” she said of the outcome of UNT's own investigation into the matter. “We knew we were going to have to go to an outside resource. We knew the school wouldn't do anything. That is not the end of the story. We definitely are going to continue to pursue it and are thinking about taking legal action. They have a lot to lose with those coaches they have under contract.”

We have a lot to lose? Like what? Coaches that discipline players getting a pretty nice college education no matter what their color?

If I set a theatre on fire and then yell "FIRE!".................should that take the focus off of me and the blatant fact that I am still the one who set the fire?

What some might need to consider is that Caucasians do not have a corner of the market when it comes to racism and if Todd Dodge is a racists........then hellsbells, I suppose I am too and probably about 250 million other Caucasians in this country, too.

Of course, most of us have a lifetime of (not just words) but actions that would indicate that we are not racists, but if we would be called out or accused of being such, most of us won't take that kind of thing laying down, either, no matter how many other liberal do-gooder "always politcally correct" whites who would feel guilty for their own "white-ness" would. And we seem to have a few of those on this message board, but what the hell--different strokes for different folks.

America? Still a great country that offers many freedoms with Freedom of Speech being toward the top of the list for most of us no matter our race, creed or religion, but that still being a freedom that need not be abused or made to be confused as to fit one's personal agendas while at the same time defaming the character of another to (perhaps) camouflage one's own character short-comings?

"I am not surprised" ..................that TD and staff were cleared by the UNT administration.

Go Mean Green!

Does this REALLY suprise you? It is the failure of parents to demand accounability from their children, and subsequent making of excuses on their behalf, that leads to kids acting in an aberrant (and abhorent) manner.

Public school teachers are the first to have to put up with this kind of parenting. And then the police get to deal with it. Ultimately prison guards get to live with it.

"Chatman did not file a written statement for the investigation, but was interviewed by university officials."

"Oubre did not respond to requests by the university to participate in the investigation, the statement said."

I find it intresting that these two felt strong enough to come out and claim racism but not strong enough in their case to discuss it??? Seems to me we have a couple of bandwagon jumpers, jump on when it seems they can get something, jump off when they figure out they have no case.

As for Mr. Green and his mom. Maybe his mom is just believing her son. But thats doubtful. I'll agree with what someone posted earlier about out society being full of "victims". I hate to tell her but it's not gonna work this time. Lets take a look at the list of problems Mr. Green has had.

My personal favorite is the cafeteria claim. Claiming that the coaches had a cafeteria employee ad his name to a list of people who tried getting a free meal. Are you kidding me.

For the cussing and insubordintation on the sidelines of the MTSU game. And we have heard that he had an incident the following day in practice.

And him having a problem with the coaching staff not allowing hats in the AC. Because "they can't handle my swag."

This kid has alot of growing up to do. I personally can't wait to see what the NAACP will do, my personal guess is nothing, since we they had their interview yesterday and haven't heard of protests on campus yet. That and the fact that he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

You mean PARENTS are responsible for how their Children turn out?!?!? I thought it was the Government and Network TV's job to raise this nation's children?!?!

...I think it's time for the Oompa-Loompas to open up a can of Whoop-Ass on some former UNT player's families. :)

If they want to take legal action, they better be VERY careful...after all, a legal proceeding is public record, which means we'd get to find out every little thing Green and Chatman ever did to deserve what they got - something it seems that Coach Dodge is too much the gentleman to do.

I hope they have a good honest lawyer to tell them they will only hurt themselves....but if they get one of these advocacy lawyers that see racism everywhere and have never won a case on those grounds...they will be lucky to manage a Burger King in their future.

After reading that article, I pulled the autographed North Texas Mini-Football I had signed at the end of summer picnic....Unfortunatley I have Oubre's signature on it. Does anyone have any good ideas for cleaning his name off this ball, I hate having his name on there with other players who understand TEAM.

After reading that article, I pulled the autographed North Texas Mini-Football I had signed at the end of summer picnic....Unfortunatley I have Oubre's signature on it. Does anyone have any good ideas for cleaning his name off this ball, I hate having his name on there with other players who understand TEAM.

You might be able to turn the "u" in his name to an "I", seems appropriate....

This is beyond ridiculous now. I hope they file a case that seems to have no backing. I hope it goes to court, and his former friends and teammates throw his punk ass under the bus. The only part that's consistent with this whole mess is that the only future Green has is slinging dope in the "hood."