Troy

filmerj

It seems to me Troy gets some media play... and the way they have dominated leaves me to pose the question to see what the rest of you all think. How long before they get invited to a bigger stronger confrence...and what viable options would they have. Just curious?

It seems to me Troy gets some media play... and the way they have dominated leaves me to pose the question to see what the rest of you all think. How long before they get invited to a bigger stronger confrence...and what viable options would they have. Just curious?

Troy reminds me of North Texas 3 or 4 yrs ago. We are still here and Troy will still be here for awhile. Troy are not world beaters.

Edited by ipEAGLE

Guest GrayEagleOne

Remember that Troy has only been I-A since 2001. We have been since 1994.

We were also the equivalent of 1-A from 1953-1982. I believe that this is our 44th year; more than any team in the Sun Belt.

I just don't see it. Central Florida was attractive because of their geographic location and the talent that resides in the state of Florida.

Troy Alabama is close to the Florida panhandle and right next door to Georgia...great recruiting base, but I agree they are not going anywhere anytime soon...at least I hope not!

Troy Alabama is close to the Florida panhandle and right next door to Georgia...great recruiting base, but I agree they are not going anywhere anytime soon...at least I hope not!

C-USA is looking for media markets. Have ya'll ever been to Troy, Alabama? It is the worst city in the Belt.

What do they bring other than football?

Troy reminds me of North Texas 3 or 4 yrs ago. We are still here and Troy will still be here for awhile. Troy are not world beaters.

I hate to say it but I think Troy is MUCH better than the NT teams of a few years ago. They've actually BEATEN BCS teams.

We were dominating the belt but getting our butts handed to us in non conference.

I think that's what sets them apart.

I hate to say it but I think Troy is MUCH better than the NT teams of a few years ago. They've actually BEATEN BCS teams.

We were dominating the belt but getting our butts handed to us in non conference.

I hate to agree with you...but I guess that was the point I was thinking of, they have beat bcs teams, and to me they are scary good. I mean they produced DeMarcus Ware, right?

And I think thats why we also changed our HFC, albeit T'odge is having to bottom-out the last regime's problems on his own and hasn't that been one heckuva' Sunday School Picnic, especially in light of recent happenings? :(

Troy U has done all the right things that a school that wants to change leagues needs to do. UNT has only talked about those things. IMHO, Troy U has better teams now than what we had during our bowl run because they seem to have had better overall team speed. Said it before, but if they were in the WAC, MAC or MWC, they'd be closer to (or even in) Top 25 now.

We are behind in this era we now find ourselves, too, because of our athletic budget for a school our size, Dentonites & Denton County citizens stranger-than-hell reluctance to adopt or even minimally support our school for almost any reason or excuse they can come up with and of course..........venerable Fouts Field...........

...............and for many of us Baby Boomers, we feel we are about a quarter-a-century behind where we thought we'd really be by now at UNT--but what the heck, I think most of our constituency now knows what we need to do to go to the next level, but we have to build a more solid foundation than what we've had to get started in the direction that will take us where some of us got a few glimpses of back in the mid-1970's.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

My head hurts and I don't have anything I'm referencing when I make this claim, so if/when I turn out to be wrong, please don't be too harsh in correcting me.

Troy has played and beaten two BCS conference teams at home: Oklahoma State and Missouri (4 years ago).

North Texas during the streak of Sun Belt victories played one BCS team at home: Baylor. And won.

At the risk of getting Plummer going on a stadium rant... My crappy memory seems to indicate to me that North Texas 2001-2004 and modern Troy are both batting 1.000 when it comes to taking down BCS schools willing to play them at their home stadium.

My head hurts and I don't have anything I'm referencing when I make this claim, so if/when I turn out to be wrong, please don't be too harsh in correcting me.

Troy has played and beaten two BCS conference teams at home: Oklahoma State and Missouri (4 years ago).

North Texas during the streak of Sun Belt victories played one BCS team at home: Baylor. And won.

At the risk of getting Plummer going on a stadium rant... My crappy memory seems to indicate to me that North Texas 2001-2004 and modern Troy are both batting 1.000 when it comes to taking down BCS schools willing to play them at their home stadium.

Wasn't Missouri ranked when they lost to Troy? As I recall, (talent wise) Baylor was about one step above a death penalty team when they came to fouts.

Details, details.

Honestly I sort of think you can throw out that ranking. It was the 2nd week of the season, so it was a ranking based on potential - not accomplishment. Missouri finished that season under .500 and without a Bowl.

Hardly a true Top 25 team.

Also, NT and Troy each have 1 Bowl win.

Troy's win against OK State earlier this year was impressive. I don't see how that really separates an entire athletics program from the rest of the Sunbelt schools. As as whole NT, MT, WKU, ASU, & ULL have all seen more success athletically than Troy (this is including sports other than football)

Edited by Green Lantern

Also, NT and Troy each have 1 Bowl win.

Troy's win against OK State earlier this year was impressive. I don't see how that really separates and entire athletics program from the rest of the Sunbelt schools. As as whole NT, MT, WKU, ASU, & ULL have all seen more success athletically than Troy (this is including sports other than football)

I will agree with you on that last point. Our basketball , soccer , and tennis(?) teams have all done really well. Why o why can't we have a baseball team, sunbelt has a strong baseball confrence... but lets get football to the top first!

Edited by filmerj