Why This Has Got To Stop

emmitt01

As some of you may know my mother-in-law is the head office lady at Colleyville Heritage. One of the other women who works there is Evan Walker's mother. According to my mother-in-law, who got the story directly from his mother, Evan was actually drawn into a fist fight over the racism allegations by a white fraternity member who was upset the black players were questioning Dodge.

So, as if slandering a coaching staff weren't enough, these allegations have also caused senseless violence on our fair campus. Fun times. <_<

Edited by emmitt01

As some of you may know my mother-in-law is the head office lady at Colleyville Heritage. One of the other women who works there is Evan Walker's mother. According to my mother-in-law, who got the story directly from his mother, Evan was actually drawn into a fist fight over the racism allegations by a white fraternity member who was upset the black players were questioning Dodge.

So, as if slandering a coaching staff weren't enough, these allegations have also caused senseless violence on our fair campus. Fun times. <_<

I must agree...at this point, I think we all (including those of us like myself, who believe Dodge has been unfairly maligned), should agree that the kind of incident you mentioned is exactly what we don't need. It's frustrating sometimes, but the American system does work. Trial by media doesn't work, and neither does violence or intimidation by either side. As a Bob Dylan song says, "Don't hate nothing at all except hatred". As my employer (probably the same as yours) once said, in a memo after 9-11, "remain clam" (their spelling, not mine).

Edited by eulessismore

I agree with you emmitt.

Here's a little insight from a friend who played during the DD era:

We were talking over the phone about the racism allegations, and he thought it was funny a couple of DD's recruits were behind it. My friend, who is an african-american ( and so is my wife if that matters :D ), said DD was "spineless". Players did pretty much whatever they wanted and he would turn a blind eye as long as you came to practice. It was very common for many players to come to practice drunk or "under the influence". One of his "protege's", who will remain nameless, acted like he was still a college student. He was more concerned about chasing "hoes" & clubbing. Many players would see him at the same college hotspots they went to.

I find this very interesting and it may very well boil down to the levels of discipline this new staff is trying to impose.

Edited by Got5onIt

There's nothing wrong with questioning someone, but there's something wrong about that erupting into violence.