I Support Todd Dodge

MeanGreenZen

You can't get away with screaming cuss words in front of customers in the real world. Dodge might as well teach his players that lesson now. If the NBA makes its players wear suits, I don't think it is a big deal to ban UNT players from wearing hats. Keep encouraging UNT football players to behave like gentlemen, Todd Dodge! I support your efforts!

Edited by MG Insurance Pro

I couldn't agree more.

As an instructor at UNT, I see my role in educating my students as going beyond just providing them with information about my field. It is also about making sure they learn more, such as responsibility for their actions (how may of you get a "pass" from your boss is a project is not done on time! You sure as heck don't get partial credit either. You might get fired!).

College is also about learning to conduct yourself professionally and maturely. I'm very glad to see that Todd Dodge maintains these expectations on and off the field.

You can't get away with screaming cuss words in front of customers in the real world. Dodge might as well teach his players that lesson now.

Dodge might as well LEARN that lesson now.

I've heard Dodge cuss at a game before.

The cussing isn't an issue, the issue is the insubordination.

Let's all stop pretending the cussing is the issue.

I absolutely agree. In fact, I want to go on record NOW to say that I will not renew my season tickets or ever again contribute to athletics if the university does not support Todd and his staff. I have supported this university for years, and I cannot express how disappointed I will be if there are serious repercussions launched at this staff, based on the perceptions of a few players.

Dodge might as well LEARN that lesson now.

I've heard Dodge cuss at a game before.

The cussing isn't an issue, the issue is the insubordination.

Let's all stop pretending the cussing is the issue.

Thank you for pointing this out. It's football folks...players and coaches are gonna cuss. The issue is about players being insubordinate towards the coaching staff.

Thank you for pointing this out. It's football folks...players and coaches are gonna cuss. The issue is about players being insubordinate towards the coaching staff.

Cussing is one thing, but going to the level of vulgarity used, and to the tone and loudeness in which it was used is what brought it to the attention of the coaches. Then, the year long history of insubordination escalated the situation making it only worse.

Rick

I support coach Dodge and his entire staff 100% and the university will back him in this completely.

Rick

I do to and emailed him a letter stating my support. I can't imagine being placed in this position, and would want to know that people support me. I suggest shooting him a message of support.

This situation screams of players not happy with:

1. Being told to represent the university well.

2. Disgruntled players that have or had discipline problems.

3. Players that don't want to act right in public.

4. Players that are not getting the playing time "they" think they should be getting.

Joseph Miller's statements ring loud and clear that this is not a racial issue.

Quick story:

I had an employee working for me recently that had a problem with our Violence in the Workplace Policy which states to turn the other cheek and not retaliate. This employee stated that if someone hit him/her that they would hit back. I told them that this would result in their termination and was it worth it to lose your job through retaliation? This employee told me that "retaliating is how things are handled where he/she came from and that is how they were taught to handle situations of this nature." Needless to say, this person no longer works here.

Cussing is one thing, but going to the level of vulgarity used, and to the tone and loudeness in which it was used is what brought it to the attention of the coaches. Then, the year long history of insubordination escalated the situation making it only worse.

Rick

Right. Then when the player was told to "cut it out" by a coach, the player then turned to foul language towards the coach. The big no-no. Also, if reports are to believed (and from the people that I've heard from, I'm inclined to believe they're true), there was more from Green the next day at the team meeting. All of this added together led to his suspension in particular. The other two have been "clingers on" to Green's situation.

Dear Coach Dodge,

I fully support YOU, your coaching staff, the methods and practices you employ in administering your program, and the guidance you provide our young men for football and the life after football. I want to thank you for the tremendous efforts you have made to date to get this program headed in the right direction. Your efforts are sincerely admired and appreciated.

DAMN THE TORPEDOES! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!

Tom Crothers

Richardson, Texas

MBA, UNT '89

Edited by EagleMBA

I absolutely agree. In fact, I want to go on record NOW to say that I will not renew my season tickets or ever again contribute to athletics if the university does not support Todd and his staff. I have supported this university for years, and I cannot express how disappointed I will be if there are serious repercussions launched at this staff, based on the perceptions of a few players.

RV has gone on record as saying he's behind Dodge. If, worst case scenario, our first year coach has to leave it will be because of external influence, IMO.

You can't get away with screaming cuss words in front of customers in the real world. Dodge might as well teach his players that lesson now. If the NBA makes its players wear suits, I don't think it is a big deal to ban UNT players from wearing hats. Keep encouraging UNT football players to behave like gentlemen, Todd Dodge! I support your efforts!

C'mon Cuz, thes just kepin it reelz

I hope no player would get away with calling his coach an MF'er in front of others, regardless of how disciplined or undisciplined the team was.

That said, some time ago I wrote on this board that I had noticed an outward sign of a broken system: the team's appearance when they arrived for pre-games. Gym shorts, torn sweats, hoodies, all sort of hats (forward and backward), bling, iPods and head phones, as if they really couldn't care less what the alumni and fellow students who were applauding them thought.

I said I hoped the new coach, whoever that turned out to be, would clean that up as an outward signal of a new inner attitude. TD did exactly that. It doesn't guarantee victory on the field, obviously. But it is a symbol of dignity and respect for oneself and others.

I suspect that we're seeing the result of that type of change. It's been painful to watch, but I believe when the players who stick with it have graduated and moved on to the real world, they'll have occasion to thank the coach who went through some tough times for their long-term benefit.

Theodore Roosevelt put it this way: "Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

Put me down as supporting Todd Dodge, his assistants, loyal players, and the University of North Texas!

Count me in...

As some have said, the night is at its darkest right before the dawn. Dawn is on the way, folks. We just have to be patient.

PS: Totally unrelated, but eulessismore, I used to know a gal from your fair town. Her name: Eunice Eudy of Euless! :lol: (no kiddin', that was her real name before she married a fellow UNT alum of all of ours named Danny Mitchell (of Benbrook, Texas).

If we had not made a coaching change after last year I would have dropped my Mean Green Club Membership. For some reason Vito and the media at large seemed clueless about what was really going on in our program. Todd Dodge was and is the right man to build a program that we can be proud of. It is amazing that suddenly the media takes an interest in this story, after ignoring more things than I care to discuss that took place in the past few years. These three kids, after at least two appearances on television and multiple newpaper articles, have said nothing that amounts to a legitimate complaint or for that matter justifies even the slightest media coverage or investigation. I still have not spoken to one person that I know who feels any different. A friend of mine who has held Baylor season tickets for almost 40 years that I talked to today went ballistic about how ridiculous the whole situation has become and had some very choice words about these players that I will not repeat. I believe that Todd Dodge will bring our football program to a level of respect that our great University deserves and I support him 100%.

If we had not made a coaching change after last year I would have dropped my Mean Green Club Membership. For some reason Vito and the media at large seemed clueless about what was really going on in our program. Todd Dodge was and is the right man to build a program that we can be proud of. It is amazing that suddenly the media takes an interest in this story, after ignoring more things than I care to discuss that took place in the past few years. These three kids, after at least two appearances on television and multiple newpaper articles, have said nothing that amounts to a legitimate complaint or for that matter justifies even the slightest media coverage or investigation. I still have not spoken to one person that I know who feels any different. A friend of mine who has held Baylor season tickets for almost 40 years that I talked to today went ballistic about how ridiculous the whole situation has become and had some very choice words about these players that I will not repeat. I believe that Todd Dodge will bring our football program to a level of respect that our great University deserves and I support him 100%.

Agreed!! If we can't build a program with the foundation of the high character, ethics and values that Todd Dodge brings I DONT WANT A FOOTBALL PROGRAM!!! I support Todd Dodge 100%!!

Steve Brodbeck

Class of 1980

BS Medical Technology

Current President-Elect NT Exes Alumni Association

Letterman's Club

Carrollton, TX

Edited by GreenExes