Dominique Green

DeepGreen

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

---Seniors and experience juniors who represent the leadership usually do not accept being pushed aside for freshman and inexperienced sophomores very well especially when it is not that obvious that the younger one is a lot better... It is a recipe for disaster. The same applies in the workplace when some very young person is promoted over a very experienced person who may be in the same neighborhood of competency.

---This is likely an issue in team "unity" right now. I am no big Meager fan but he did throw for 600 yards against SMU and the new kid had not set the world on fire when he made appearances. The same has happened at other positions... Now a lot of the older players are just going through the motions and realize their football career is ending in frustration... I'll bet most of the older players would rather have Meager in the huddle over Vizza especially since he isn't getting the job done..

However, to me, it kind of draws the curtain back a little on this team's overall chemistry. And, what it shows is that this team does lack the chemistry necessary to produce a winner. And, it shows that this coaching staff could have a long way to go to sell what it has to the entire team.

So one dude getting suspended for acting a fool tells you the team's overall chemistry is lacking? That's a leap.

Quoner...you owe me and UNT Flyer a big apology. If not, you should be banned from this board. I dare you or anyone to read the post I put up or the piost that UNT Flyer put up and find anything that even remotely smacks of racism. You have a lot of nerve and you need to grow up! I have enjoyed reading several of your posts and felt you were adding to the discussion in mostly positive (and sometimes humorous) ways. But that comment is WAY out of line. If you have any sense of decency, I will be seeing your apology ASAP, and you will refrain from these unfounded personal attacks. As my mother would say, "How dare you speak of what you do not know"! :angry:

get off your soapbox Kram/UNTflyer he said RACISM talk not RACIST talk, big difference, he was trying to be funny, but it seems like every damn person on this board is so sensitive and uptight that if a rat farted you would be 3/4 up the walls.

Please Dodge bring us some more victories so this lunacy will stop.

YES!!! Lets please win some f'n games. This board used to actually be fun.

Quoner...you owe me and UNT Flyer a big apology. If not, you should be banned from this board.

OK...seriously. You and Flyer need to quit being a couple of weenies and read what he posted. He never called you racists.

You're starting to sound like...well...Dominique Green.

Edited by JayDub

There is no need to point out that you are from the hood when you are getting your ass handed to you. In my opinion the coach did the right thing by telling him to stop. Being from the hood doesn't usually have anything positive to it. The only thing I can think of is that it means your tough??? Well if your so tough then do something about it on the field. Not while your standing on the sidelines getting run out of the building.

I'm sorry KA needed to be gone. That group has had a long history of inproper activity...Not only at UNT but throughout the US....I'm usually pretty tolerant, but this group pushes the envelope and needed the plug pulled. Not saying that all its member are racist, but certainly has some serious undertones and no place for a university setting. I was pretty close to the incident that happened at UNT ...I have no respect for this group. i had threats posted to me when this happened..F'em

Way to paint everyone with one broad brush, and I have no respect for you. Your comments show you are either ignorant or stupid. I'm hoping for stupid as there is a difference between the two. Ignorant is knowing better and still saying or doing it, stupid is doing something without knowing better. I don't care how close you were to the situation it was a situation that the media took a hold of and ran with. It's easy and cowardly to point the finger at people without knowing the situation. Example.....I see your name is Bubba(rings of racist redneck to me) and that you are from LA. isn't that the state where they still have hanging trees at schools? Thats two strikes against ya. Note...this was an example of how easy it is to assume things we know nothing about. So lets not sit here and and call a group of people racists or say f'em to an entire group.

Edited by H-towngreen

In knowing Coach Dodge, Coach Ford, Coach George, and Coach Gandy all well, I'll say this: They all have the same viewpoint on the 'team' mentality, and if a player is doing something to jeopardize team chemistry or is bumping his chest to draw attention to himself, these guys will be the first to chastise that player and let him know he is wrong.

This group of coaches is a group of fair men, and for Coach George to get onto Dominique like that, there is plenty more to this story. Dominique obviously has some personal issues with this team/staff and theres definitely a reason why players and coaches alike are 'going after him'. Also, for a player to take something this minor to the NAACP, shows that DG has major issues!

Oh, I see...When trying to be funny on this board you can make personal attacks and that's just swell with everyone. And, to top it off, if you are not real happy about being used in such a way, then you are a "weenie" and over sensitive. Gee, no one told me the rules...WOW, I can really put up some "funny stuff" now. If that's your idea of "funny"...count me out! :glare:

Guest JohnDenver

The ol' lady has me kinda hooked on ham and pineapple at the moment.

What about you?

Let me join in by saying I really love Good Fella's Brick Oven in ole Carrollton, TX.

Smoked Mozzarella, Roasted Peppers, Smoked Sausage and onions on a wood fired oven.

Perfection.

So one dude getting suspended for acting a fool tells you the team's overall chemistry is lacking? That's a leap.

It would be a leap if the team was 7-1. At 1-7 and the lackidaisical showing (penalties, long drive allowed at the end of the second quarter after we'd pulled to within 2 points, two safeties, another blocked punt, fumbles, interceptions) displayed on Homecoming, it's more likely than not.

Look, no matter how enamored you may be of passing yards statistics, the fact is this team is playing undisciplined football eight games into a 12 game schedule. Discipline begins in the locker room. It comes from ( a ) the coaching staff, and ( b ) the leadership of upperclassmen. Teams that are 1-7 lack many things, leadership is one of them.

Experienced and inexperience players walked during the off-season. Older players are sitting on the bench or playing special teams. Those replacing them are not doing a good job. And, now, D. Green and his racism accusation.

Is it old and tired, the "race card"? Yes, somewhat. But, that's not the issue. This issue is what is really behind it.

We've had an assistant coach come try to show up the best fan UNT ever had - over things that fan did not even say - and in front of his kid to boot...after winning against a 1-5 team. We've got coaches and players fighting on the sideline of comments allegedly about where a kid says he's from.

This shows unity? This shows team cohesiveness?

I think not. What it shows me is that we've got a bunch of high school coaches who are struggling not only with game planning, in-game adjustments, and personnel decisions, but also with handling athletes on the highest collegiate level.

The learning curve was going to be high enough for these guys on the field. There, the results have been awful. Now, it appears, they have a big curve to learn off the field as well.

In short, not everyone thinks Todd Dodge is a god...even some of his own charges.

This ain't Southlake Carroll with a roster full of kids from two parent families living in $500,000+ homes in a lilly white suburb. Division I-A (or whatever the hell it's called now) college football is different. On every level it's different than what our coaches are accustomed to dealing with.

Again, that was the danger of letting Dodge hire so many high school coaches instead of keeping or getting real, experienced college coaches to help him out.

Anyway, hope the athletic director and school don't fumble this one.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Guest JohnDenver

Alright. It can't continue.

Sorry to those that have typed out a response that won't post when I close this out.

I warned against fraternity warfare. It is a no win argument.

My opinion? KRAM1, UNTflyer: Everyone can see that Quoner didn't call you racists. It is like Quoner saying that he expects a 4 page response from Plumm...

LOCKED.